Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: Sources: Carmelo Anthony likely to go

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    MOVEMENT...... movement gets me excited!

  2. #17
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I"m 100% on board with getting Melo and getting Melo now.. I am however with Metro and KBlack in that i don't want to trade Gallo and Randolph. As much as i think Randolph is going to be an all star i'd probably rather trade Randolph because at this moment we know right now that Gallo would fit in perfectly with Melo and Amare because he can shoot the three and spread the floor. If we traded Gallo and kept Randolph i wouldn't be heart broken but we'd lack outside shooting.

    The only way i'd consider trading Gallo and Randolph is if the trade really expands. And we get back other talent from Denver. Something like a JR Smith.

    Not saying i would do it but you could trade Curry, Gallo, Randolph, and Buike for Melo and JR Smith.

  3. #18
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Do we really want to talk about another player NOT on the Knicks roster for a whole season?

    Do we really want to see the Garden cheering Melo when he comes to the Garden as a Nugget?

    Does this franchise need another year long distraction, again?

    Our best option is to wait until next year, when he is a free agent. Why give up Gallo and/or Randolph for Melo now when we can just sign him outright next offseason?

    If we give up Gallo and/or Randolph for Melo, that doesn't make us a contender. It moves us up to about the 3 or 4 seed. We are most likely a 7 seed this year. We should wait and ADD Melo to our current roster and then we become contenders.

  4. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    If Denver makes the mistake of not trading then they stand to take a big lost next year. Trade Gallo and Curry...maybe Walker too. Mello can spread the floor with his shooting while Stat and Randolph dominate the post.

  5. #20
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    U P D A T E

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Kiszla: Nuggets don't want to get LeBron'd by Carmelo Anthony

    <!--subtitle--><!--byline-->By Mark Kiszla
    The Denver Post

    While deciding where he wants to spend the rest of his basketball life, Carmelo Anthony will do what's right by his family.

    But believe this: Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke will do what is best for his hefty investment in an NBA franchise, even if that means trading Melo.

    There is no way Denver can afford to lose the face of its franchise for nothing as a free agent.

    The Nuggets are now considering a strategy to part ways with their 26-year-old star forward, according to a league source.

    After quietly gauging trade interest in Anthony for weeks, the team's consternation has only risen as he has made no move to accept a $65 million offer for a three-year contract extension that was formally presented more than a month ago.

    The Nuggets don't want to get LeBron'd.

    LeBron James toyed with anxious minds in Cleveland before ripping out the hearts of Cavaliers fans by announcing a departure from his home state on live television. As was first reported by The Denver Post in June, the Nuggets are prepared to trade Anthony rather than watch him opt out of his contract next summer.

    With a resume that includes an NCAA championship won at Syracuse and an Olympic gold medal that helped restore international luster for American basketball, Anthony has the skills to make the dream of the first NBA title in Denver a reality. But the team and its best player seem to have drifted slowly apart.
    So what would be the trade market for Anthony?

    His 28-point career scoring average through seven professional seasons should attract keen interest in Anthony from a franchise looking for a star to sell tickets in the regular season or hit a big shot at the buzzer during the playoffs. Anthony's contract situation figures to give him leverage in trade negotiations, because any team looking to add the 6-foot-8 forward would want to be assured of keeping his services long term.

    With experience dealing for high-profile players such as Allen Iverson and Chauncey Billups, Denver has established a comfort level when it comes to making blockbuster trades.

    The team showed sincere interest in retaining Melo, as Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien tried to sell the idea that Melo could become the basketball version of John Elway and be a sports icon in the Rocky Mountains.

    Warkentien, however, was part of a front-office purge that also cost executive Rex Chapman his job.

    The time has come for the Nuggets to give Anthony a deadline to sign the extension.

    "I could wake up tomorrow and they could snatch it off the table. I don't know. I don't know what their mind-set is," Anthony said recently, during a break from his annual youth basketball camp.

    The first duty of the Nuggets' next general manager could be the high-risk, high-reward task of trading Anthony. While former Phoenix Suns executive David Griffin is among the candidates for the job, a familiar face to longtime Denver sports fans expressed interest in joining the new Denver management team.

    Lafayette "Fat" Lever, a point guard who averaged nearly a triple-double in points, rebounds and assists during the 1988-89 season, has worked with the Sacramento Kings as director of player development.
    "The body might not be what it once was, but the mind has definitely gotten stronger," said Lever, who celebrates his 50th birthday this week.

    "I'm not qualified to be the general manager of the Denver Nuggets or any other NBA franchise at this point in time. But the love of building a basketball team is in my blood, and I definitely have a lot to offer as a member of the front office."

    Mark Kiszla: 303-954-1053 or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  6. #21
    Member NYKLiFER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx,
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    7

    Default You ah Sucker

    [quote=XxWinKnicksxX;134335]lol sucker punch, I cant believe your so stupid that you don't know that punk deserved it. And calling someone a woman and then saying fk them on the internet is more of a pussssy move then punching someone and running backwards when you got a bunch of big ass basketball players coming at you. Ur a joke[/quote


    Yo you Stupid for even calling him (DIRK) out....IT WAS A SUCKER PUNCH and yo check this out if you man enough to go into the crowd and sucker punch someone than Man up and fight and dont ****ing run like a Bitch like Melo did when Jared Jeffries was gonna earth that Ninja..........

    Oh and I agree with the whole Internet Gangsta Movement all you Bitch azz ninjas be acting up.........stop frontin and keep it respectful...Lets go KNICKS

  7. #22
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Do we really want to talk about another player NOT on the Knicks roster for a whole season?

    Do we really want to see the Garden cheering Melo when he comes to the Garden as a Nugget?

    Does this franchise need another year long distraction, again?

    Our best option is to wait until next year, when he is a free agent. Why give up Gallo and/or Randolph for Melo now when we can just sign him outright next offseason?

    If we give up Gallo and/or Randolph for Melo, that doesn't make us a contender. It moves us up to about the 3 or 4 seed. We are most likely a 7 seed this year. We should wait and ADD Melo to our current roster and then we become contenders.
    We aquired all these assets to be pro active. I'm tired of just sitting around and waiting for the next offseason... How well did that work out this off season??? If we can get Melo now we get him now.

    I understand that everybody is hesitate to give up Randolph and/or Gallo but if thats the price we have to bite the bullet and make it happen. If you noticed good players take alot less money to go play with other great players. The heat added Mike Miller, Eddie House, Big Z, Juwan Howard, and others for absolutely nothing. If we had a foundation of Melo, Stat, and a offensive friendly system other players would come.

    We can't and shouldn't wait. What happens if Melo is traded in the middle of the season to another team because we decided to wait. He goes to that new team and loves it and decides to sign an extension there. Then were **** out of luck.

    We're in a position where we probably could get away with doing a Chanlder, Curry, Randolph or Gallo for Melo trade. Yes its giving up alot but were getting one of the best scorers in the league and a nuclues that can recruit a chris paul, deron williams, or Tony Paker.

  8. #23
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    We aquired all these assets to be pro active. I'm tired of just sitting around and waiting for the next offseason... How well did that work out this off season??? If we can get Melo now we get him now.

    I understand that everybody is hesitate to give up Randolph and/or Gallo but if thats the price we have to bite the bullet and make it happen. If you noticed good players take alot less money to go play with other great players. The heat added Mike Miller, Eddie House, Big Z, Juwan Howard, and others for absolutely nothing. If we had a foundation of Melo, Stat, and a offensive friendly system other players would come.

    We can't and shouldn't wait. What happens if Melo is traded in the middle of the season to another team because we decided to wait. He goes to that new team and loves it and decides to sign an extension there. Then were **** out of luck.

    We're in a position where we probably could get away with doing a Chanlder, Curry, Randolph or Gallo for Melo trade. Yes its giving up alot but were getting one of the best scorers in the league and a nuclues that can recruit a chris paul, deron williams, or Tony Paker.
    I would be surprised if Denver trades one of the best players in the league for Curry, Chandler and Gallo. It is most likely going to cost us a lot more. If that is all it takes, then I'm fine with it. But I don't want to gut our team for a player that will probably opt out and become a free agent and sign with us anyways.

    It is widely known that he wants to be a Knick and it is unlikely that a team will trade for Melo without a guarantee that he will resign with them at the end of the year.

    In the meantime, we move on. I'm just tired of all of this free agent crap.

  9. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    New York Trade Breakdown




    <TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD>Carmelo Anthony

    6-8 SF from Syracuse
    28.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.2 apg in 38.2 minutes


    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Outgoing Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD>Eddy Curry

    6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)
    3.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 8.9 minutes


    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD class=even>Danilo Gallinari

    6-10 SF from Italy (Foreign)
    15.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 33.9 minutes


    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD>Anthony Randolph
    6-10 PF from LSU
    11.6 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 22.7 minutes


    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>


    Denver Trade Breakdown



    <TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD>Eddy Curry

    6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)
    3.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 8.9 minutes


    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD class=even>Danilo Gallinari

    6-10 SF from Italy (Foreign)
    15.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 33.9 minutes


    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD>Anthony Randolph

    6-10 PF from LSU
    11.6 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 22.7 minutes


    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Outgoing Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD>Carmelo Anthony
    6-8 SF from Syracuse
    28.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.2 apg in 38.2 minutes


    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>




    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



    Looks like Carmelo may take the dough and ask Den. to trade him or may force him to trade him in risk of losing him for nothing. Gallo and Randolph is better than anything The Nets is going to offer!


    Felton/Douglas/Rautins
    Wilson/Azabuike
    Melo/Walker
    Stat/Melo
    Ronnie T./Mozgov

    I'm realistic we would only be the 4th best team in the East in terms of record with this roster but would be a very dangerous matchup come playoff time and could knock off a #1 seed in the second round.


    But this would make us respectable again and relavent in the basketball world!
    Is that you, Isiah?

  10. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    ^^^ Why gut the team and ruin our future in the process?

  11. #26
    Member XxWinKnicksxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Cuse
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    [quote=NYKLiFER;134345]
    Originally Posted by XxWinKnicksxX
    lol sucker punch, I cant believe your so stupid that you don't know that punk deserved it. And calling someone a woman and then saying fk them on the internet is more of a pussssy move then punching someone and running backwards when you got a bunch of big ass basketball players coming at you. Ur a joke[/quote


    Yo you Stupid for even calling him (DIRK) out....IT WAS A SUCKER PUNCH and yo check this out if you man enough to go into the crowd and sucker punch someone than Man up and fight and dont ****ing run like a Bitch like Melo did when Jared Jeffries was gonna earth that Ninja..........

    Oh and I agree with the whole Internet Gangsta Movement all you Bitch azz ninjas be acting up.........stop frontin and keep it respectful...Lets go KNICKS
    It wasent in the crowd, the punch got thrown on the floor. You cant even tell a story thats on youtube! PLEASE

  12. #27
    Newbie N.Y.knicksstateofmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scarsdale New York
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I really dont want to give up Randolph and Gallinari for Carmelo anthony. If the Nuggets are asking too much then i think its best to go after him next season when he becomes a free agent. However, if I had to choose between who id rather trade in Randolph and Gallinari I would say Gallinari because i just think that anthony Randolph raw talents ability and potential is hard to pass up by specially in this system and is a superior athlete to Danilo Gallinari although Gallinari is a better shooter and three point range. However I would maybe consider trading Raymond Felton to get Carmelo although im a bit skpetical about it. Dont know but maybe Raymond Felton is the key piece to get Carmelo Anthony brecause i think his talent will interest Denver but they have Cahuncey Billups unless they are considering trading him showing that they are beginning to rebuild? WE should just be smart and not repeat the same mistakes of trading right away to get a star player to win all the way right now.

  13. #28
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I dont think we HAVE to give up Gallo AND Randolph in this trade and if we have to trade one, its going to be AR4. D'Antoni and Walsh are as high on Gallo as Dolan is on Isiah, so yeah I dont think so...

    and if Melo is DEMANDING a trade to the knicks, (he has a no Trade Clause) doesnt that mean they have to trade him?

    I put this into the trade machine and it worked.....


    New York Knicks Recieve

    Carmelo Anthony

    Denver Nuggets Recieve

    Eddy Curry
    Wilson Chandler
    (I put in Toney Douglas and it worked but instead how bout...)
    1 Second Round Pick
    Draft rights to Landry Fields
    Draft Rights to Jerome Jordan

  14. #29
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    653
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Do we really want to talk about another player NOT on the Knicks roster for a whole season?

    Do we really want to see the Garden cheering Melo when he comes to the Garden as a Nugget?

    Does this franchise need another year long distraction, again?

    Our best option is to wait until next year, when he is a free agent. Why give up Gallo and/or Randolph for Melo now when we can just sign him outright next offseason?

    If we give up Gallo and/or Randolph for Melo, that doesn't make us a contender. It moves us up to about the 3 or 4 seed. We are most likely a 7 seed this year. We should wait and ADD Melo to our current roster and then we become contenders.
    If we are a good team this year. Talks of Carmelo will be more quite. Fans will be cheering the Knicks to beat the Nuggets. But Knick fans are smart they know his coming here will make us a championship contender.

  15. #30
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Blumatic
    If we are a good team this year. Talks of Carmelo will be more quite. Fans will be cheering the Knicks to beat the Nuggets. But Knick fans are smart they know his coming here will make us a championship contender.
    Exactly. We will be a top 5 team in the NBA, 2nd or 3rd seed in the east, and will probley be in the Eastern confrance finals.

    PG: Felton
    SG: Anthony
    SF: Gallinari
    PF: Stoudemire
    C: Turiaf (unless Randolph realy is 7 feet now)

    BENCH

    Mozgof
    Azabukie
    Douglas
    Randolph
    Mason
    Walker

    (Curry Chandler and the two other rooks were in my fantasy Mello trade)

Similar Threads

  1. Carmelo Anthony is not an elite player
    By phantom9000 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2012, 21:52
  2. Knicks meet Amare, important info
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2010, 17:18
  3. Carmelo isn't coming!!!!
    By NYKnuniversity in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 12, 2010, 11:02
  4. NY Post Latest: 2 Max - Anthony - 2011
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Mar 25, 2010, 01:20
  5. Isn't funny how...
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov 22, 2008, 16:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •