Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sources: Carmelo Anthony likely to go

Also I was just Lieing donwn abot to take a nap and i have 1050 on in the background. and the SportsCenter guy said This just in:

Carmelo Anthony has officially been traded to the New York Knicks.....Thats what all Knicks fans are waiting to hear...

And I got all excited and then im just like....what an A-hole.

Originally Posted by shaolin
    ^^^ Why gut the team and ruin our future in the process?
    Exactly man.

P.S. First we had the Lebron hype, then Chris Paul, LOL, now its MELO...

I cant believe you guys....

Lets just give this very young core a chance... And we do have an ALL star in the team... And now we have made a huge upgrade at the PG position so lets make the playoffs first.... Develop this team and then with this team in 3-4 years win championships. I think its very do-able if Gallo, Randolph, Felton, Mozgov, are given the chance to prosper and if they are coached properly...

As far as Carmelo Anthony, we should stay calm, basically not give a damn whether he comes to NY or or not. IF our attitude is like that, then trust me we will attract more players....

Superstar

Default Carmelo

Because of the uncertainty surrounding what will follow the current Collective Bargaining Agreement which expires on June 30, 2011, it is in Carmelo's financial interest to lock into a long term contract before the uncertainty begins. My guess is that he wants to come to the Knicks, but also wants a sign and trade.

A sign and trade would require Denver to take Curry. If they were to do that, Denver would certainly want significant "assets" as well. I do not want to lose either Gallo or Randolph, but I cannot imagine a package acceptable to Denver that would not include at least one of Gallo or Randolph and other valuable pieces.

I would counsel patience. When we finally get a new CBA, I doubt it will have too great an effect on players of Carmelo's stature. I would like to see our current team at least for a few months of the season. Will Gallo show improvement? Will Randolph begin to live up to his immense potential?

With the possible exception of the Nets, who might be close enough to New York to satisfy Carmelo, his wife La La, and her career, no one outside New York will trade for Carmelo unless he signs long term. I can wait a year for Carmelo if it means saving significant assets

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    Because of the uncertainty surrounding what will follow the current Collective Bargaining Agreement which expires on June 30, 2011, it is in Carmelo's financial interest to lock into a long term contract before the uncertainty begins. My guess is that he wants to come to the Knicks, but also wants a sign and trade.

A sign and trade would require Denver to take Curry. If they were to do that, Denver would certainly want significant "assets" as well. I do not want to lose either Gallo or Randolph, but I cannot imagine a package acceptable to Denver that would not include at least one of Gallo or Randolph and other valuable pieces.

I would counsel patience. When we finally get a new CBA, I doubt it will have too great an effect on players of Carmelo's stature. I would like to see our current team at least for a few months of the season. Will Gallo show improvement? Will Randolph begin to live up to his immense potential?

With the possible exception of the Nets, who might be close enough to New York to satisfy Carmelo, his wife La La, and her career, no one outside New York will trade for Carmelo unless he signs long term. I can wait a year for Carmelo if it means saving significant assets
    I tend to agree with you but can we really keep Gallo AND AR while picking up Melo next year? I guess it's possible but I just don't see that happening and we risk losing Melo and lose one year of Melo's prime. I think losing one of our young studs for a proven player like Melo is worth it. As much as I love Gallo I rather keep AR since he is more versitle and has a bigger upside. Replacing Gallo with Melo is a huge improvement at the SF regardless of a predicted break out year for Gallo.

Melo and Amare is a young legit core that we can build around. If AR and Felton can significantly produce than we are title contenders this year and can legitimately go at Miami/Boston/Orlando in a series.

Felton
    Azzy
    Melo
    Amare
    Turiaf

with AR, Chandler, Mozgov and Douglas off the bench is a scary deep team.

If Melo signs that massive extension, would we even be able to make a trade work? Wouldn't he be getting paid over 20 mil? We would have to give up Curry and our highest paid players (not Amare).

Another thought is we could easily be involved in a 3 team trade to make it work.

If he REALLY wants to come here, he can make it happen. I don't have any inside info but my common sense tells me that he wants to become bigger marketing wise (NY) and also be a part of a big 3 (NY maybe). Also, his wife is in the entertainment business and this is where she got her fame. Moving back here would do wonders for LaLa's career. His wife has become something of a socialite now so why would she want to live in Colorado when all of her celebrity pals frequent NYC? It really makes a lot of sense for him to relocate here. Business and personal.

Oh yeah, they were both born in Brooklyn. (Love my ****ing borough!)

Veteran

Angry

It's funny how this thread already show the majority of members in KO Forum
    will be mentioning the Knicks going after the next NBA team Franchise Player in
    "every" Knick topic throughout the 2010-11 season.
    This would make the 3rd season in a row of being single minded, only looking at one type of player.

Dont feel bad the NY media has influence every Knick Forum within one month to discuss strongly
    on the topic of Carmelo Anthony coming to N.Y.. Carmelo had alot to do with it being in NY alot this
    summer, while refusing a short extension on his contract. Business wise we all would do the same
    by waiting one year to get a 6 yr max contract.

Carmelo may be a top-10 high scorer in the NBA, but Melo no-defensive skills could stay in Denver.
    Melo's high scoring took Denver to 7 playoff seasons, but getting knocked out in the first round 6 out
    of 7 times, speaks alot about Carmelo perfomance in a playoff series.

The Knicks are much safer keeping Chandler/Gallo at the 48 minute SF spot.
    Wilson Chandler defensive skills are 10 times better than Carmelo/and Gallo's peremeter shooting
    is on par with Carmelo.
    Carmelo will be earning $15.8M this season, take one guess on how much he wants to play for
    the Knicks??

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    This would make the 3rd season in a row of being single minded, only looking at one type of player.

Dont feel bad the NY media has influence every Knick Forum within one month to discuss strongly
    on the topic of Carmelo Anthony coming to N.Y.. Carmelo had alot to do with it being in NY alot this
    summer, while refusing a short extension on his contract. Business wise we all would do the same

Carmelo may be a top-10 high scorer in the NBA, but Melo no-defensive skills could stay in Denver.
    Melo's high scoring took Denver to 7 playoff seasons, but getting knocked out in the first round 6 out

Wilson Chandler defensive skills are 10 times better than Carmelo/and Gallo's peremeter shooting
    is on par with Carmelo.
    Carmelo will be earning $15.8M this season, take one guess on how much he wants to play for
    the Knicks??
    The only reason that denver went to the playoffs was melo. Denver sucked and never went to the playoffs. Carmelo can't do it all by himself. Nene and K martin arent good enough. Jr smith is to streaky. Chauncey billups is good but thats still not a good enough team. So that doesent speak about carmkelo performance in the playoffs. You fail!!!

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

is on par with Carmelo.
    the Knicks??
    melo is a scrappy player.. he may not be elite defensively.. but id rather have him playing d for me than gallo... and while u make some good points.. melo deamnds a double team and can create his own shot.. gallo cant.. he a catch and shoot player at this point.. melo can create.. take his man off the dribble.. bang for rebounds better than gallo.. passes better than gallo.. and most important.. in a close game when melo dribbles.. stops.. then pops.. it almost seems like his shot is going in everytime.... as of right now.. u cant count on gallo or chandler for that...

sorry .. just the facts..