Rautins Signed - Fields Not.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Landry Fields outplayed Andy Rautins 20 fold in the SL. So why is Rautins signed on and Fields isn't.

Mike D stated that all 3 rookies would be signed, but if you had to pick one of them to sign first, it'd be Fields hands down. Rautins IMO was the worst of the 3 - Jordan being the 3rd -.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Thats why your not a GM. Andy Rauntins is gonna be a lot better then most people think he is. Landry feelds didnt overly immpress me! It's summer league. Dantoni and walsh know rauntins can pass the ball in transition, make smart passes, play solid defense and hes gonna show up and make no excusses. He can shoot the ball to. Rauntins is the better player.

Paul1355

All Star
Landry Fields outplayed Andy Rautins 20 fold in the SL. So why is Rautins signed on and Fields isn't.

Mike D stated that all 3 rookies would be signed, but if you had to pick one of them to sign first, it'd be Fields hands down. Rautins IMO was the worst of the 3 - Jordan being the 3rd -.
this is suprising,Landry Fields better be in a Knicks uniform this season because this kid did out play Rautins ten fold.

BUT

Rautins is a straight up shooter and was just nervous/rusty

Fields is an all around good player that has a good basketball IQ, Rautins has a good IQ with decent on court vision...he made some nice passes.

Fields should be signed and expect all of them to be signed so the Knicks can fill out the roster.

With all the rookies signed plus the new additions, we would have 15 men total, perfect so that we have enough guys to trade and still have a full team.

I like the guy too.
He might be used as trade bait, or maybe he'll just be another player that will probably out shine Gallo, the coach is not going to want that.

TBH, I think Andy is a sleeper, after looking at his style of play...he might be a good fit coming off the bench in this running and passing offense...I got my eye him.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Thats why your not a GM. Andy Rauntins is gonna be a lot better then most people think he is. Landry feelds didnt overly immpress me! It's summer league. Dantoni and walsh know rauntins can pass the ball in transition, make smart passes, play solid defense and hes gonna show up and make no excusses. He can shoot the ball to. Rauntins is the better player.

Drivel:

v., -eled, or -elled, -el?ing, or -el?ling, -els, or -els.
v.intr.
To slobber; drool.
To flow like spittle or saliva.
To talk stupidly or childishly.
v.tr.
To allow to flow from the mouth.
To say (something) stupidly.
n.
Saliva flowing from the mouth.
Stupid or senseless talk.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Fields will be signed eventually. Do not worry. Both Walsh and D'Antoni were very high on Fields and were raving about him during Summer League. Unless, as Real has also suggested, they plan on using his rights in a trade soon. Donnie's approach has always been about patience.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Drivel:

v.intr.
To slobber; drool.
v.tr.
n.

LOL, you forgot the first word in that quote. Thats

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I think Rautins will be a a decent pro . . . Not sure why Fields isn't signed though. I am sure talks are occurring. I have no idea, really.

Paul1355

All Star
Fields will be signed eventually. Do not worry. Both Walsh and D'Antoni were very high on Fields and were raving about him during Summer League. Unless, as Real has also suggested, they plan on using his rights in a trade soon. Donnie's approach has always been about patience.
Walsh and D Anotoni were also raving about Morris Peterson last year in the summer league and they put him in the D League.

tiger0330

Legend
Rautins is a scrub and he didn't exactly impress in summer league. What were you guys watching that makes you think he'll be a decent pro?

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Drivel:

v.intr.
To slobber; drool.
v.tr.
n.

And I care why again????????????????????

petescud

Starter
A lot of Folks didn't think melo would be great either, but he is...Syracuse boys generally get little respect right out of college IMO...I think he's going to be a good one in time

Paul1355

All Star
A lot of Folks didn't think melo would be great either, but he is...Syracuse boys generally get little respect right out of college IMO...I think he's going to be a good one in time
your seriously comparing a super star to Rautins....

Rautins might be a gritty better JJ Redick in the pro's but not sensational.

He will have a good bball IQ from Jim Boehim. And is prob NBA ready, but needs consistency on the jumper.

I hope he doesn't turn out being the next Anthony Roberson.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think he has a role in this league, but it's a very limited one. Good shooter off the bench and he's a decent playmaker if a team needs one