Who do you want taking the last shot?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z165dthAfGA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z165dthAfGA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

for a rookie (yeah, last year was really his first year), rather than a choker he seems pretty cocky to me (no homo)

:peace:

Yea, Gallo is gully. Sometimes people need to have reality inches from their faces before it all becomes clear. They don't trust what they see..

When he becomes an All-Star these same haterz will say shite like, "ah yea I saw it in em all along. I knew he'd be that good"... Right.

That moment right there on camera before the game against the Nuggets, was pivotal. He gave us a window into his mindset. That right there was a player accepting the challenge (in front of all of us if you were watching) of becoming more than what all of the Jimchiefs, Kiyamans and others on these boards thinks he can be. You gotta love to see that..

Facken haterz... :teeth:

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The Nuggets game he had is awesome, but what impressed me more was the season before when he was first put into the game against the Magic in the final few minutes. Got us a close without even being in that game until then.

Kiyaman

Legend
This thread question could make u angry

We knew at the start of last season (2009-10) young players Gallo/Chandler
would be under contract for the 2010-11 season. Why werent these two
players given the oportunity to be the (first/second/third option) answer of
this thread?
:agreed:
Gallo was suppose to be the player to take the last shot from the peremeter.
Chandler was suppose to be our strong slasher inside to take the last shot.
Several design-plays were suppose to be made for these two-players in the
2009-10 season to run at the end of each quarter of a game. If the design
play got broken-up the last shot is on the PG.
Practice makes perfect.
However, this was not done for reasons of poor coaching, with no
offensive design-play given during time-outs.
We dont know if Gallo or Chandler could handle the presure to out-wit
oponents defense which know they are the (Dirk/Carmelo) players to take
the last shot.
For the last two seasons Al Harrington and Duhon took 90% of the Knicks last shot.

Last season Amare/Felton/Mason were the 2nd or 3rd options on their
previous teams to take the last shot.
:gony:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
ray felton without a doubt...i wouldnt mind chandler as well, he been solid in da 4th....im surprised how many ppl said roger mason..why would u give da ball to someone who cant create a shot for himself and others??? Sorry if i burst ur bubble, roger mason is very much a spot up shooter

Kiyaman

Legend
u are wrong & right

Yea, Gallo is gully. Sometimes people need to have reality inches from their faces before it all becomes clear. They don't trust what they see..

When he becomes an All-Star these same haterz will say shite like, "ah yea I saw it in em all along. I knew he'd be that good"... Right.

That moment right there on camera before the game against the Nuggets, was pivotal. He gave us a window into his mindset. That right there was a player accepting the challenge (in front of all of us if you were watching) of becoming more than what all of the Jimchiefs, Kiyamans and others on these boards thinks he can be. You gotta love to see that..

Facken haterz... :teeth:

I dont have NO-Hate for Gallo, he prove he could be productive in the NBA
after his first full season. Gallo an All-Star? no time soon, maybe if he had a
better headcoach that didnt act like his Mama.

I do Hate all u dum dum Gallo-fans who was steady Hype-ing Gallo up to
be a super-star when u idiots never seen Gallo play basketball.
Gallo is not a NBA starter to receive 30+ minutes of playingtime (Godpapa).
Gallo is not the best shooter anyone ever seen (Larry Bird college years were
ten times more impressive than Gallo career bouncin a b.ball).
Gallo came to the Knicks as a H.S. team player with a few games in Italy
pro league (watching clips in Italy).
Gallo dum godfather coach did a wise move by keeping Gallo out his rookie
season to develope his upper/lower muscle strength to compete in the NBA.
But the same dum godfather coach showed all his inferior tactics as a
developing coach by turning Gallo into an individual player his first full season
in the NBA.
A 6.10 Gallo shouldve ran at least 100 "pick n role and give n go" design-
plays last season.
We had to wait untill T-Mac came on the Knicks to see the first "pick n role" with Gallo. Which also started Gallo shooting 2 point jumpshots rather than
70% of his shots from the 3 point line.
The last two seasons 85% of the Knicks 3-point shooting were not needed during those games.
:gony: are u a Knick-Fan or a Gallo? or Damntoni-fan?
I am a Knick-fan plus one of the fan-favorites of (work ethic)
David Lee & Nate Robinson.
:smokin::smokin::smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend
The Nuggets game he had is awesome, but what impressed me more was the season before when he was first put into the game against the Magic in the final few minutes. Got us a close without even being in that game until then.

The Knicks played the Denver Nuggets twice last season,
which were the Knicks 16th game and 71st game of the season.
In the Knicks 16th game vs Denver, Al Harrington scored 41 pts, 10 rbds,
while Gallo shot 20% fg for 4 pts, 4 rbds.
In the Knicks 71st game vs Denver, Gallo scored 28 pts, 5 rbds,
while in the same game Harrington scored 23 pts, 9 rbds.

Do the math on which Knick player were more impressive vs the Denver Nuggets last season?
which one was consistent and which one wasnt?
plus which player do u think the Denver Nuggets put extra defenders on in the
Knicks 71st game vs Denver? add T-Mac 30 minutes for 15 pts 2 ast, too.

Gallo-Fans had to wait for the Knicks 71st game of the season to have
something to hype up their player Gallo.
First season players Jennings/Tyreke Evans/Collison/and the Kings player
Casspi (Euro player) who I match up this season to compare vs Gallo,
all had early season impressive games vs contenders with super star players
plus they all had several consistent impresive games before their 71st game
of the season.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
For the last two seasons Al Harrington and Duhon took 90% of the Knicks last shot.

Last season Amare/Felton/Mason were the 2nd or 3rd options on their
previous teams to take the last shot.
:gony:
You are so right about Al and Duhon. I hated when they tried to win the game. A PG who can't slash and a PF/C/SF who can't shoot or at the very best is extremely streaky.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I agree that Gallo still has a lot to prove, but I do feel he's shown he can still be given the opportunity to take the last shot.

Let's not compare Gallo to Harrington. Harrington shot us out of many games.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I dont have NO-Hate for Gallo, he prove he could be productive in the NBA
after his first full season. Gallo an All-Star? no time soon, maybe if he had a
better headcoach that didnt act like his Mama.

I do Hate all u dum dum Gallo-fans who was steady Hype-ing Gallo up to
be a super-star when u idiots never seen Gallo play basketball.

Gallo is not a NBA starter to receive 30+ minutes of playingtime (Godpapa).
Gallo is not the best shooter anyone ever seen (Larry Bird college years were
ten times more impressive than Gallo career bouncin a b.ball).
Gallo came to the Knicks as a H.S. team player with a few games in Italy
pro league (watching clips in Italy).
Gallo dum godfather coach did a wise move by keeping Gallo out his rookie
season to develope his upper/lower muscle strength to compete in the NBA.
But the same dum godfather coach showed all his inferior tactics as a
developing coach by turning Gallo into an individual player his first full season
in the NBA.
A 6.10 Gallo shouldve ran at least 100 "pick n role and give n go" design-
plays last season.
We had to wait untill T-Mac came on the Knicks to see the first "pick n role" with Gallo. Which also started Gallo shooting 2 point jumpshots rather than
70% of his shots from the 3 point line.
The last two seasons 85% of the Knicks 3-point shooting were not needed during those games.
:gony: are u a Knick-Fan or a Gallo? or Damntoni-fan?
I am a Knick-fan plus one of the fan-favorites of (work ethic)
David Lee & Nate Robinson.
:smokin::smokin::smokin:

First of all how do you know who watches basketball and who doesn't?? Next, as I told Jimkchief I will tell you, I watched every game last season. I have watched intently as Gallo has grown and developed. I've also listened to other players and his coach talk about his game. Dirk N. for one, stated that he thought Gallo was farther along than he was at the same time in his career. Coach has called him the greatest shooter he's ever seen. I trust these types of opinions as well as what I see that confirms them. Walsh and coach also drafted him high (@6th), which signals to me that they think he can develop into an All-star. I agree with them, not you and others.

Since you seem to be so ignorant about Gallo's Euro-career how about some background:

Danilo Gallinari began playing professionally at age 15 in 2004 for Casalpusterlengo, a team in the Italian B1 League.
In 2005, Gallinari was acquired by Armani Jeans Milano, which then sent him to Edimes Pavia, a team competing in the Italian league second division championship during the 2005–2006 season, so that he could earn more experience with extended playing minutes. Even though he played only half of the season due to an injury, in 2006 he was nominated as the best Italian player of the Italian league second division championship, averaging 14.3 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.0 steals, and 0.8 assists in 17 games.[2]
In 2006, he was recalled by Olimpia Milano to play in the 2006–2007 Italian league first division championship and also in the second level tier European wide cup competition, the ULEB Cup. In his first season in the top Italian division, Gallinari was named as the league's best player under the of age 22, averaging 10.9 points, 4.0 rebounds, 1.7 steals, and 1.0 assists per game in 34 regular season games and 11.5 points, 3.7 rebounds, 2.1 steals, and 0.9 assists per game in 8 playoff games.[3] During the season he also won the 2007 Italian All Star Game 3-point shootout contest.
He spent his last season with Milano in the top Italian league,[4] finishing first in the league's overall efficiency ratings.[5] During the 2007–2008 season, he averaged 17.5 points, 5.6 rebounds, 2.0 steals, and 1.3 assists per game in 33 regular season games and 18.1 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.8 steals and 1.5 assists per game in 8 playoff games.[6]
In the 2007–2008 season, he also played for the first time in the elite Europe-wide Euroleague competition, which is the first tier level continental cup competition of Europe. In the Euroleague he averaged 14.9 points, 4.2 rebounds, 1.7 assists, and 1.5 steals per game in 11 games; he posted a season-high 27 points against Maccabi Tel Aviv in his final game.[7] He made an instant impact on basketball courts around the continent and he was subsequently named the Euroleague 2007-08 season's Rising Star award winner.

I guess that was all Walsh needed to see to justify the pick @ 6th. I believe he did all of this before the age of 20. This kid has an extensive career for someone so young. He's like Rubio in that he has played alot of ball w guys much older and more experienced, held his own and earned accolades.

The kid is going to be an All-Star Kiyaman, just wait.. :gony:

Lastly, why do hate on coach D'ant so much. To me this is the season to judge him. THIS UPCOMING YEAR is the make or break one. The team needs to show marked improvement. The last two seasons were throwaways bro. YOU NEED TO WAKE UP TO THAT REALITY. Why would you judge a coach on the two seasons the team spent trying to get under the cap, acquiring crappy flawed players (which you seem to have some weird, unwarranted affinity for) in order to do so?? IMO this will be the season we see the creative plays coming out of timeouts, the SSOL totally unleashed and players w clearly defined /effective roles. Stay tuned..

I'll admit I was very excited when The Knicks signed coach D'ant. I followed his work in Phoenix very closely w admiration. I saw as he developed Nash into what we see today. I watched as he took a young Amare and turned him into an All-Star, dominate inside scorer and remarkable pick & roll player that he is. IMO you've been overly critical of coach @ the wrong time. Save it for this season because this is the one where he'll pull out all of the stops. :peace:

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
The kid is going to be an All-Star Kiyaman, just wait.. :gony:
Lastly, why do hate on coach D'ant so much. To me this is the season to judge him.

Life is to short to wait for a miracle on 33rd st. called Gallinari.
If we still had coach Mark Aquire training our bigmen, maybe I would be
mentioning Gallo as a future All-Star. But we let to many of our
good assistant coaches go to the next team within the past decade.

Dantoni is not a NBA headcoach, I dont have to wait untill the end of
the 2010-11 season to know all the flaws in Dantoni's coaching.
When a coach cant win with a roster full of expiring contract
players something is wrong mentally with the headcoach.
There are very few NBA headcoaches that will accept Dantoni's single-
minded coaching as their assistant.
Coach Del Negro prove to be ten times better than both Dantoni brothers
within his first 2 years as a headcoach.
Dantoni = Nets ex-headcoach Frank

elcol

Rotation player
Coach Del Negro prove to be ten times better than both Dantoni brothers
within his first 2 years as a headcoach.
Dantoni = Nets ex-headcoach Frank

yes, because del negro didn't have derrick rose, joakim noah, luol deng and others proving the same point your prove dantoni to be a bad coach.

and thats why del negro's been fired from chicago.

jzero29

Rotation player
I'd want Gallo or Felton. Gallo's never shied away from taking late game shots for us.

Felton seems to have a knack for it as well.

If I had to choose between them I'd prolly give the ball to Felton if I needed a bucket late in a game.
In need of a 3. Have to go gallo.

quick 2, some sort of pick/roll or give and go with amare/felton
or
post up with amare.

There is alot going on.