Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Current Lineup

Nyk Logo Post Your Best Current Lineup

There has been a lot of talk about who is going to be the starting Sg or can Randolph play Center and the stockpile we have at the Sf positions. Now I want everyone to post in their opinion what they think is the best starting lineup and sixth man for this team and why.

My starting five:
    Felton
    Mason
    Chandler
    Amare
    Turiaf
    Sixth man:
    Gallo
    I think this lineup gives us great rebounding from the 3-5 position and provides great athleticism. I took Gallo out the starting lineup and gave him the Sixth man spot because i think he is our real x factor weapon and we need to utilize him, he is a great passer ball handler and a good shooter for his size and with him straight off the bench this would change our game plan and the way teams guard us. With chandler or Randolph off the bench teams wouldn't have to change their defense because both are attack the basket finishers with little 3pt shot,but with Gallo as the the Sixth man he can stretch the floor with three point shooting , has a good first step and could post up smaller Sf. I think with the team like this we would easily make the playoffs. Gallo would become a Turk/Manu type player who could take over and change the game like the way Nate did with his energy some games except Gallo would be more consistent

Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    There has been a lot of talk about who is going to be the starting Sg or can Randolph play Center and the stockpile we have at the Sf positions. Now I want everyone to post in their opinion what they think is the best starting lineup and sixth man for this team and why.

My starting five:
    Felton
    Mason
    Chandler
    Amare
    Turiaf
    Sixth man:
    Gallo
    I think this lineup gives us great rebounding from the 3-5 position and provides great athleticism. I took Gallo out the starting lineup and gave him the Sixth man spot because i think he is our real x factor weapon and we need to utilize him, he is a great passer ball handler and a good shooter for his size and with him straight off the bench this would change our game plan and the way teams guard us. With chandler or Randolph off the bench teams wouldn't have to change their defense because both are attack the basket finishers with little 3pt shot,but with Gallo as the the Sixth man its like Manu off the bench for the Spurs.
    My ultimate lineup would be

Felton
    Azubuike
    Gallo
    Amare
    Randolph

Sixth man: Chandler
    Role Players: Toney Douglas, Ronny Turiaf, Walker, Mason Jr.
    Rest of bench: Mozgov, Fields

PG: Felton
    SG: Chandler
    SF: Gallo
    PF: Statman (Amare)
    C: Randolph

Sixth man: 3 Way tie between, TDouglas, Roger Mason, and Turiaf

Speaking of which, where's Walker? seems to have dropped off the face of the map, did we like waive him?

Originally Posted by rw005
    PG: Felton
    SG: Chandler
    SF: Gallo
    PF: Statman (Amare)
    C: Randolph

Sixth man: 3 Way tie between, TDouglas, Roger Mason, and Turiaf

Speaking of which, where's Walker? seems to have dropped off the face of the map, did we like waive him?
    No he is still on the team, however i think this line up is weak teams can just double Amare and try to let someone else beat them or teams with elite bigs with have their way with Randolph.Also you have no fire power off the bench either. Just my thoughts

My starters:

Felton
    Azzy
    Gallo
    STAT
    Turiaf

Sixth man:
    AR - until he becomes less stupid..
    Chandler - off of the pine w AR & Douglas would make for an athletic 2nd team

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    My starters:

Felton
    Azzy
    Gallo
    STAT
    Turiaf

Sixth man:
    I like this lineup a little lest then i like mind because it goes from shooting to athleticism but i like my lineup more for said reason above. I also like that you realized Randolph's poor IQ that is why I am against putting him as C because of the poor decision which would put us in early foul trouble. All in all good lineup

Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    No he is still on the team, however i think this line up is weak teams can just double Amare and try to let someone else beat them or teams with elite bigs with have their way with Randolph.Also you have no fire power off the bench either. Just my thoughts
    The only problem with the bench in my lineup is the lack of a true center and shooter.

Here's hoping Earl Barron at least gets a chance

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

Defense
    Felton
    Azubuike
    Chandler
    Amare
    Turiaf

Offense
    Felton
    Azubuike
    Gallo
    Amare
    Randolph

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Felton

Mason

Gallo

STAT

Turiaf

that team has speed and size

off the bench

co. 6th men: Chandler and Randolph ( randolph will get a lot of first team minutes )

then Bukie( not that he's bad but i think he'd be great coming off the bench wih Douglas and Chandler to create a defensive first 3. but at some point i see Bukie starting

Best starting lineup available would be:

Turiaf
    Amare
    Gallo
    Azzy
    Felton

The reason I prefer Gallo over AR in this lineup is because Gallo compliments Amare better because of the 3 pt threat. Amare will clog up the paint and therefore good shooters are neccessary.

If Azzy isn't fully healed then I would go with Mason Jr. over Walker. Reason: Mason needs Felton to create shots for him waaay more than Walker does.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    My starters:

Felton
    Azzy
    Gallo
    STAT
    Turiaf

Sixth man:
    This would be my lineup as well. Azzy if healthy has the chance to be really good, he shoots and defends really well. Turiaf will give us defense, heart, hustle and allow STAT to dominate at his natural position. AR should be a bright spot off the bench and can play multiple positions which is great if our starters get into foul trouble or they are getting abused.

Realistically. Opening night's starting 5 needs experience. The following 5 games need experience more than anything else. A solid blueprint is key.

We have the league's best paint scorer in Amar'e: According to Alvin Gentry, the league's best active inside scorer PERIOD. Nice reference. And that comment was made after his signing.

With Azabuike injured, I'd put Mason right in to the starting line up. Why? Because our pivotal player is Stat. Mason's played with Duncan, IMO the best PF in history. He hits open 3s and plays D. His role is instantly defined, and there's less growing pains for a Knicks team that is a basketball version of a sacrificial lamb - God being the media. Our focal points on O are Felton, Gallo and Stat.

1. Felton
    2. Mason Jr.
    3. Gallo
    4. Stat
    5. Turiaf - If he's ready. Otherwise, The Gov. Traditional size rings true.

I still don't buy Randolph as a center because he's never been a center. Water into wine = BS. He can play the defensive 4 but not the 5 and that's circumstantial. Please prove me wrong!

Wilson Chandler's a good player and should be 6th man at the 3.

Go you mother ****ing NYK mother ****ers.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Just because Mason played on the Spurs doesn't make him a great defender...he's by no means a good defender. He started because he can shoot.

Felton
    Wilson (Azzabuike if he is ready)
    Gallo
    Amare
    Randolph

I said it before and I will say it again if Jefferies can start at Center so can Randolph.

This starting lineup consists of our 5 best players.
    Last edited by New New York; Aug 26, 2010 at 21:49.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Roger Mason
    Andy Rautins
    Bill Walker
    Landry Fields
    Eddy Curry

sixth man? Mozgov

that team would kill!!!!