Gallo looking lean and ready for this season

Toons

is the Bo$$
Danilo Gallinari has been a mainstay at the Knicks' training facility this summer and is said to be "lean," and should be ready for a big year.

We love him in fantasy, as he could lead the league in threes and post a steal and block per night, along with plenty of points. The fact he's been working out and getting his body ready for the season is a bonus, as his stock continues to rise. Amare Stoudemire, Anthony Randolph, Toney Douglas and David Lee (now with the Warriors) have also been living in the gym this summer, unlike Eddy Curry.

KBlack25

Starter
Goes without saying - but this is a great sign. Now, I've heard the "He's ready, lean, good to go" from a lot of guys over the years, most of whom were notorious for not working hard and only started late in their careers.

But if Gallo is dedicated, if he is putting in the work to reach his maximum potential, I don't see any reason why he can't get there. The coaching staff is in love with him (obviously) and if he is dedicated to every day working to become a better all-around player, he will get plenty of opportunity to become great.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Goes without saying - but this is a great sign. Now, I've heard the "He's ready, lean, good to go" from a lot of guys over the years, most of whom were notorious for not working hard and only started late in their careers.

But if Gallo is dedicated, if he is putting in the work to reach his maximum potential, I don't see any reason why he can't get there. The coaching staff is in love with him (obviously) and if he is dedicated to every day working to become a better all-around player, he will get plenty of opportunity to become great.

I'm pretty sure he is working one on one with Kobe's trainer too. I firmly believe Kobe is the best trained most disciplined player in the league so that has to be good news for Gallos readiness.

mafra

Legend
Just more evidence that this kid has a work ethic to match his enourmous potential and talent. Mix those 3 together and you have yourself a budding superstar.

Toss in a true PG in Felton, and a legitmate offensive weapon in the paint (Stoudemire), and you have a lethal threat on the perimeter in GALLO.

We saw it at the end of last year, when so many would be just playing out the season.... NO, Gallo was trying to improve his overall game. We saw him make concerted efforts to drive the ball, and we saw him tackle the challenge of guarding the opposing team's best wing player.

We know the kid is a shooter, but everything I've seen from him (and from what we're hearing) this is not enough. he wants to be a complete basketball player.

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.

Gallo + Randolph should be the cornerstone of our future. Stoudemire and Felton will get the ball rolling this year and next, take pressure off these two kids while they mature into the leaders they are destined to become!

Go Knicks! Screw the Heat. Celtics suck!

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm not trying to be a d**k or anything... but I could give a rats ass about these reports of guys being in the gym. When the season starts, they better perform no matter what they did in the gym.

IMO their performance on the court will speak for itself. I'm sure Duhon put in a good amount of work each off-season and that didn't seem to increase his play. Bottom line is, produce when it counts and lets get these wins on the court.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm not trying to be a d**k or anything... but I could give a rats ass about these reports of guys being in the gym. When the season starts, they better perform no matter what they did in the gym.

IMO their performance on the court will speak for itself. I'm sure Duhon put in a good amount of work each off-season and that didn't seem to increase his play. Bottom line is, produce when it counts and lets get these wins on the court.

Bang......

nuckles2k2

Superstar

How do you know that?

And to make that comparison you'd have to assume that Duhon's skill is on the same level as Gallo's. If you want to make comparisons in a vacuum like that then you have to use similarly skilled players in similar situations. An established player taken with the 38th pick in the second round =/= a young 6th overall pick already installing that psychotic work ethic that will allow him to be one hell of a player by the time he reaches Duhon's age (27.)

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Gallo's Work Ethic

I am gald that Gallo is finally working out in New York but lets not get too excited. The article indicated that he was in Africa for the beginning of August and had spent the rest of the off season in Italy. He cannot have been working out in New York with Randolph and others for more than a week or two. And I am not sure that a "lean" Gallo is necessarily a better Gallo. Hopefully it means he is quicker, but it suggests that he is not stronger and thus more able to maneuver in the paint.

For some reason I like the combination of Gallo and Randolph, particularly with Amar'e. Carmelo is special but I would hate to lose either of Gallo or Randolph to gain him. I would hope that we see a little bit of our current team in game action before we pull the trigger on Melo -- at least if it means discarding Gallo or Randolph.

nyk_nyk

All Star
How do you know that?

And to make that comparison you'd have to assume that Duhon's skill is on the same level as Gallo's. If you want to make comparisons in a vacuum like that then you have to use similarly skilled players in similar situations. An established player taken with the 38th pick in the second round =/= a young 6th overall pick already installing that psychotic work ethic that will allow him to be one hell of a player by the time he reaches Duhon's age (27.)

I only say that because despite how trash Duhon is, he appears to be a good teammate and one of those guys who will set examples for the younger players. (Forget Duhon, this wasn't about him)

The only point I was making was that I'm more interested in what actually happens on the court during those 48 min once the season starts. Being in the gym is nothing to get excited about, BUT seeing results on the court is.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I only say that because despite how trash Duhon is, he appears to be a good teammate and one of those guys who will set examples for the younger players. (Forget Duhon, this wasn't about him)

The only point I was making was that I'm more interested in what actually happens on the court during those 48 min once the season starts. Being in the gym is nothing to get excited about, BUT seeing results on the court is.

I agree with that sentiment, I do want to see results on the court...but those results are a result of the hard work put in off of the court. It just doesn't magically appear, you can see the players who work hard at their craft and the one's in cruise control because of their talent.

To have Gallo allegedly around one of the trainers that works with Kobe is a good thing, if you can instill that work ethic in a hungry 22 year old with as much talent as Gallo has, you're on your way to creating a monster. It's just a positive sign, but like you said, the final results are the only thing that matter.

But hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard (yea I stole that quote from Durant), and when talent does work hard it's a scary thing.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
he better be ready to play and put up numbers. we need him to be consistent last season he had his stretches of the player he could be but then he had stretches where he showed the learning curve and inexperience. An offseason of hard work and getting bigger( more then anything ) should do the trick. although i dunno if he's a keeper with Melo now officially on the market, if he stays then great. i just hope he can reach that potential

Dirk

Benchwarmer
This would have have been a much funnier thread if it was " Gallo hanging out with Eddy Curry all summer, gains 215lbs"

This would have have been a much funnier thread if it was " Gallo hanging out with Eddy Curry all summer, gains 215lbs"
LOL imagine Chris Broussard

"My Sources tell me that Danilo Gallinari and Eddy Curry were seen at Coney Island eating Cheeseburgers between Krspy Kream Doughnuts. It Should be noted that Danilo Gallinari looked like ha put on ALOT of weight and has grown a Mustache. His new nickname is officialy canged from Gallo, to Wario."

portega1968

El Cacique
Danilo Gallinari has been a mainstay at the Knicks' training facility this summer and is said to be "lean," and should be ready for a big year.

We love him in fantasy, as he could lead the league in threes and post a steal and block per night, along with plenty of points. The fact he's been working out and getting his body ready for the season is a bonus, as his stock continues to rise. Amare Stoudemire, Anthony Randolph, Toney Douglas and David Lee (now with the Warriors) have also been living in the gym this summer, unlike Eddy Curry.

Hey Toons, I didnt see this on the Net.. whats the source? I thought he was back home in Italy.

Similar to what NYK_NYK said, every year we get these reports before the season starts. I think we got one for Eddy Curry for the past 4 seasons and look what that meant for the team. Although I think we have a much better team and Im really hopeful for us reaching the playoffs this year, we've been burned so much as fans the past decade that Ive learned to be skeptical about these reports lacking strong reference to support the statements.

He has always looked lean, he needs to bulk up to compete in this conference. The game has become more physical over the years and his slinder weak looking frame of a body will be tested. I'm more concern with players contributions, physical strength as well as endurance.

phantom9000

Benchwarmer
Hey Toons, I didnt see this on the Net.. whats the source? I thought he was back home in Italy.

Similar to what NYK_NYK said, every year we get these reports before the season starts. I think we got one for Eddy Curry for the past 4 seasons and look what that meant for the team. Although I think we have a much better team and Im really hopeful for us reaching the playoffs this year, we've been burned so much as fans the past decade that Ive learned to be skeptical about these reports lacking strong reference to support the statements.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...055/eddy-curry-staying-out-of-touch-1.2237698