Antoine walker?

rick700

Rookie
There is rumors about antoine walker coming to the knicks. He is available in expansion draft and the knicks could trade some ending contracts like motumbo and othello to the bobcats in exchange for them drafting him and giving him to us. I know he is considered a ball hog, i still think he is extremely talented and i would love to get him. I think he would compliment marbury well with his outside shot. Potential all stars are hard to find and this is a farely easy way to grab one. If the knicks can get him do we pull the trigger?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i hope we dont get him.....he loves to shoot threes and he is not good at it...we dont need him and also he doesnt plae D.

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
rick700 said:
Potential all stars are hard to find and this is a farely easy way to grab one.
I wouldn't call him a potential all star anymore. He is past his prime. I'd still love to see him in New York but if he comes I want him to be here for a short period of time and for a small amount of money. Since he is on the decline. :|

WiL8000

Rotation player
We really don't need him, I admire his skills, but he is cocky and takes too many threes that are off the mark. If the Knicks want to go this route, they should look more at Jamison, in my opinion.

AJD

Benchwarmer
WiL8000 said:
We really don't need him, I admire his skills, but he is cocky and takes too many threes that are off the mark. If the Knicks want to go this route, they should look more at Jamison, in my opinion.
His skill really is vanishing, not really there anymore (speed-wise).

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
It doesn't make sense for the Knicks. We have Tim Thomas who has a huge contract at small forward. And we can still sign Demarr for cheap. Walker is a point forward. We already have a point guard in Marbury and point forward in Penny Hardaway. Plus we'd have 5 players make max- money, 3 of which aren't max players.

its makes tons of sense...first off the mans a power forward not a small forward...he played power when he was in boston and did a damn good job of it....he is a great passer for a forward handles the ball very well and can hit the long ball....everyone says he takes to much threes but he doesnt take that many more then your beloved Rasheed....he has better career averages then rasheed in both scoring and rebounding...20 pts per game and 8.6 rbpg....for his career...and hes not a potential all star but a 3 time all star....and he can bring a lot to the knicks....and i wouldnt say hes cocky .....i just think hes very confident...and we need a player with his pizazz with a lil shimmy on the knicks he wears his emotions on his sleeve and we need a player like that in NY

WiL8000

Rotation player
I beleive Wallace is a lost cause, he would be crazy to leave the Pistons, but maybe he's nuts. Walker doesn't have the size of Wallace. Thats the main reason I would rather have the Knicks pick him up over Walker. Walker could probably do some good things for the Knicks, but we already have Tim Thomas, the Knicks need to concentrate on getting bigger.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Don't get me wrong! He's an excellent player with the label PF, powerforward. But he's not a PF and he can't guard PFs. Kenyon Martin owns him. He never shows up in the playoffs. You can't have two sofy on your frontline (Tim Thomas and Antoine Walker). That won't cut it in the east. Just ask Miami! You need power inside. Let's focus on that! If you were to tell me Tim Thomas for Antoine Walker, that I'd take. ;)

rick700

Rookie
The latest rumors i have heard said that the knicks dont have enough expiring contracts to get him, however after the draft the knicks could send kurt and motumbo to dallas for walker. What do you guys think about that!

hes 6'9 why do people keep saying hes small....the biggest PF we could get at this point besides sheed would probably be about 6'10 not much of a difference and like i said before he was doing a great job in boston running the power slot for a number of years....why does everyone keep saying that TT is soft....Ive yet to see why he gets that rap....just because hes a big dude that plays more of a finesse game doens mean hes soft...and i believe if IT can get Walker he then would focus his efforts at getting Dampier...and either way you look at it Walker is the same height as Kurt Thomas except he does almost everything better...i havent really watch him on the defensive end but hes not a small guy....we'll see what happens'

rady

Administrator
Staff member
One problem is that Walker and Tim Thomas are somewhat similar players. The Knicks would prefer to deal Tim Thomas, who lost credibility in the front office and in the locker room for sitting out the final three games of the Knicks' first-round series against New Jersey after challenging the Nets team and specifically Kenyon Martin. But with Thomas' value low and his contract high, he is difficult to move.
http://www.knicksonline.com/0304/getart.php?id=1111

WiL8000

Rotation player
It's true Tim Thomas hurt himself by being so vocal in a series he didn't play much in. He really needs to have a good season to mend notions that people have about him. I would rather risk it, and hold on to TThomas over gettin Walker. Like I said, we really don't need Walker. We need size, we need a true center. The other thing the Knicks need is a backup, or backup plan for Allan Houston, just in case he isn't healthy next season. If the Knicks take care of those two things, they have a good shot at being in the top five in the East.

NYK89

Rookie
we dont want him anymore he aint as good as he used to be. Maybe you dont remember but he thinks hes the best. :machinegun:

i believe that TT couldnt play in the series because he was still having back spasms from his injury...its has nothing to do wit him not wanting to play because as stated in the paper he said that nothing would stop him from playing in the last game...but the docs were still a little leary about his back and suggested he rested it some more

JStarks

Rookie
Antoine Walker is on the DECLINE, no need to waste time, money, or expiring contracts on a guy who hogs the ball, shows off, and can't play defense.

Antoine Walker + NY Knicks = Disaster ---'Nuff said

JJtheKnick

Starter
Antoine Walker is on the DECLINE, no need to waste time, money, or expiring contracts on a guy who hogs the ball, shows off, and can't play defense.

hes right walker is not that bad but he cant play defence. he is also very cocky. he thinks hes the best and takes to many shots. he wont help the knicks in any way.