NEWS: Patrick Ewing JR signs

NYKnicks15

Starter
Two days after Jerome Jordan leaves for Serbia and one day after we sign Landry Fields, Patrick Ewing JR signs with the Knicks.

Thoughts?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
He's the 15th man. It's a PR move. I'm happy they signed him but he won't see any playing time.

I would have been happy with Earl Barron too.

with his athleticism and defense I am sure hes more than the 15th man

when i say that i mean in terms of winning teams need guys like that during practice and training camp

he prob wont play unless its garbage minutes

but he is more than just a legendary last name, he plays hard and im sure he will go at amare and randolph in practice helping them prepare for games

I like the signing

finally signing hard nosed players deep on the bench to prepare our team

think of our bench the last few years it was all chuckers and head cases deep on the bench

hughes, nate, jerome james, randolph morris

we finally have guy son the bench like fields, rautins, ewing who know they are never going to get serious burn in games, so they recognize their roles early and will bust ass in practice to help the team win in games

youre never going to hear ewing jr, fields and rautins quoted in the paper saying " if your not gonna play me trade me"

OMG OMGOMG AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

This is so AWESOMEEEEE! I loved Pat jr! Im so happy! I always thought they should bring him back and like 2 months ago finally put to rest that he would never be on the Knicks again but AHHH! This is Legendary!

rw005

Benchwarmer
he may have his father's name but if there's one guy that wants to be a Knick forever its his son!

Good signing!'

NYKnicks15

Starter
I realized the sarcasm in the SF comment but Im glad we got another SF.. disregarding all the positives Ewing brings (heart, determination, toughness, name etc) I'm happy because this is another sign of us making a deal..

The same week Chandler is talked about going to Portland for Fernandez..
The same day sources reveal Carmelo's official first choice is NY..

something is brewing my friends.

Yea I agree. We should have signed E. Barron. He's 7' tall, rebounds pretty well. He can shoot a bit. I liked what I saw of him last season.
Earl Barron gave the Knicks 7 meaningless games in April when the rest of the team, and many other teams, could give a shit less about the game. He played well, showed athleticism, but the league's filled with Earl Barrons. There's a reason he's still a free agent.

This roster spot means nothing, so it might as well be occupied by the name Ewing, just because.

Scribbles

Rotation player
If its not clear yet, Patrick Ewing Jr. has shown 1000% commitment to the Knicks.

This guy can make an NBA roster on a contending team. Yet he choses to see if he can cut it here.

He is a warrior.

He's gonna be something special. This is it though, his second go around...

Do or die.

Remember he WAS a ballboy as a kid for his father and the 90s Knicks. He knows all about what the Garden is about firsthand.

portega1968

El Cacique
I realized the sarcasm in the SF comment but Im glad we got another SF.. disregarding all the positives Ewing brings (heart, determination, toughness, name etc) I'm happy because this is another sign of us making a deal..

The same week Chandler is talked about going to Portland for Fernandez..
The same day sources reveal Carmelo's official first choice is NY..

something is brewing my friends.

I agree we may be close to landing Melo or Rudy... and don't get me wrong, I like having the Lil' Fella around because his blood is blue and orange.

But let's not be fooled, this is a non-guaranteed contract he is signing which means he probably won't make it to the regular season just like what happened last year. By the way, we dont' need Earl Barron cause he isnt much better than what we already have in the middle (he's a fool for not signing with Maccabi where he would've gotten starter minutes instead of the garbage time he's gonna receive in the D-League).

My SF sarcasm is that we still don't have a true starting-caliber SG (Buike will be out to start the season) nor a starting-caliber center (Moz is raw and Turiaf is good for less than 20mins), so I'm just hoping we can fill in those gaps before the season starts and loosen the load we have at the swing position.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Oh, no. I 100% understand why the sarcasm was laid out.. and rightfully so! SG is a huge priority. I was just mentioning that something seems to hint that were going to fill that void with a trade using a SF

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Earl Barron gave the Knicks 7 meaningless games in April when the rest of the team, and many other teams, could give a shit less about the game. He played well, showed athleticism, but the league's filled with Earl Barrons. There's a reason he's still a free agent.

This roster spot means nothing, so it might as well be occupied by the name Ewing, just because.

Yes your right the roster spot means nothing but I'd rather have a 7' guy that could play if needed, than another SF that definitely will not contribute anything.

Just humor me though, those 7 games meant nothing but I think in one of them against the Celts he grabbed like 19 boards or something like that-- totally outworked em.

Granted, I think the Celts were on the last game of an away stand and of a back to back. Ironically I think that was the game Gallo got an elbow from Garnett and subsequently went off .

Idk he's seems serviceable to me in spurts at the very least.

Paul1355

All Star
Two days after Jerome Jordan leaves for Serbia and one day after we sign Landry Fields, Patrick Ewing JR signs with the Knicks.

Thoughts?
i pocked ewing jr to be here as that 15th man wild card choice. No one in the summer league was good on a consistent basis except Douglas and Fields.

So Ewing Jr. looked good because of the PR move.
Very excited about this year.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Bench player! I would like to see something out of him but I'm not putting my money on it. It would be cool if he could be like his dad, but thats just wishful thinking at this point!