Thread: Nuggets Want To Deal Carmelo To Nets, Kings Or Wolves

Hybrid View

Superstar

Default Nuggets Want To Deal Carmelo To Nets, Kings Or Wolves

Would he really sign off with those teams. Nets maybe but it would take years for him to win. He better just stay in Denver.

That's what the Nuggets want. Melo might say no.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I hope Melo says "**** what you guys want, lets talk about what I want." Why give into their demands when they're the ones who gave him the "player option" clause?

Come on now.

Veteran

Nets: Would likely have to give up Lopez and Favors, thus no chance at winning with just Carmelo.

Kings: Would likely have to give up Casspi and Evans, thus no chance at winning with just Carmelo.

Wolves: LOL.

That is all.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Nets: Would likely have to give up Lopez and Favors, thus no chance at winning with just Carmelo.

Kings: Would likely have to give up Casspi and Evans, thus no chance at winning with just Carmelo.

That is all.

exactly ..... melo has all the leverage in this situation.....Denver can say anything they want about where they want to sent melo... if he doesnt like it he wont sign that 3 year contract waiting for him and become a free agent...

Veteran

No team is going to trade for Melo unless Melo agrees to the extension. Period. In essence, Melo can go to whatever team he wants.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

this will probably go down as a multitteam trade, with The Knicks getting Melo, unless the Rockets go for Favors and a ton of draft picks from Jersey with no Lopez or Harris going back. I think Melo would sign with Jersey if Brook is not involved in the deal.

Lurker

Breaking News

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero

That is all.

I agree Twolves is very unlikely and even laughable. But the wolves have a very nice core of young players with alot of potential. And with the addition of Rubio next year things could get very interesting. Ricky will be dawning a wolf uni.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I hope Melo says "**** what you guys want, lets talk about what I want." Why give into their demands when they're the ones who gave him the "player option" clause?

Come on now.
    There is a no trade clause? I never heard that.

He just has leverage because of his contract. He can say that he won't sign an extenstion with this team or that team so he can choose what team Denver trades for him.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    There is a no trade clause? I never heard that.

He just has leverage because of his contract. He can say that he won't sign an extenstion with this team or that team so he can choose what team Denver trades for him.
    Which would be him saying "Lets talk about what I want and not what you want." The extension acts like a NTC because he can pretty much veto any trade unless a team takes a chance and trades for him with no guaranteed of a long term deal.

I never said he had a NTC, I said the Nuggets are the ones who gave him the clause where he can walk as a FA next year, which is really the cause of the whole situation. They know Melo is going to opt out, they offered the extension anyway, and now he's hanging them with the extension and probably going to force them into a trade that they're not sold on.

If first round picks mean everything to teams like the Nuggets, why can't the Knicks just trade Gallo and Randolph for two first rounders and then trade the picks to Denver for Anthony?

Why are we going nuts over Melo? Gallo + Randolph > Melo.

Melo is a great scorer. But Gallo is a better defender. Randolph has the potential to be one of the best big men in the league. Melo, for the most part, has choked in the playoffs, except for that one year where they made it to the conference finals, but I would attribute that more to Billups than Melo.

Adding Melo to this roster would be great but giving up Gallo + Randolph + multiple picks + ??? is too much.

Lets move on. The best thing is to wait. If he goes to NJ, then so be it. I would much rather keep our young pieces, draft picks and cap flexibility. Adding a very good SG would make this team better than gutting the team for Melo.

And another thing. Denver doesn't have to do anything. If Melo is really stressed out about the new CBA and wants his money, then Denver has the upper hand.

Denver has much more power in this than all of you seem to think. Melo can't just demand where he wants to go. If he does, Denver can refuse. If Melo refuses a trade offer then Denver can threaten to not trade him and Melo stands to lose a lot of money. There is no way he gets $65 mil next year with the new CBA.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    If first round picks mean everything to teams like the Nuggets, why can't the Knicks just trade Gallo and Randolph for two first rounders and then trade the picks to Denver for Anthony?
    that might not be the best route... Trading our future for Melo would not be smart. It's not the end of the world without Melo, we have a good up and coming team that's for the most part very young and athletic!