Things to look forward to

Paul1355

All Star
Ok NEW TEAM, new era, new goals= excitement.

Let's list the "things" that we as Knick fans should be excited about.

1) Total defensive improvement: We finally have guys that can play defense.

2) We have depth at PF and Center!: I don't know how many times I stressed our need for size in the post, with Amare, Turiaf, Mozgov we finally have some big bodies under neath.

3) A good PG: Raymond Felton is ending the 2 year embarissment of Chris Du-nothing. The one year wonder Duhon fizzled into a dark abyss to be a huge bust for the Knicks. Felton is a B- point guard...Duhon was a D.

4) Speed: Felton and Douglas make us have one of the fastests point guards in the NBA. Felton will improve us to a fast paced team as suppose to the slow paced team we were with Duhon at PG. With Walker lighter and faster, and our big men in Randolph, Amare, and Mozgov having speed and athleticism, we should be one of the fastest teams in the fastbreak.

5) We finally have aMike D'Antoni roster: I hate Mike D but the only arguement D'Antoni fans had last year was that he had players that were not good in the fast break or with shooting skills. Now we have fast, good shooters that can make plays for themselves and a PG and PF to lead the way. Mike D has no excuse (energy) this year if we tank another season.

6) Bad contracts are dissappearing: This regards to the old team with Malik Rose, Crawford, Zach R, Jerome James, etc...just remember the roster salary two years ago and look at us now. We are finally paying guys what they are worth, Amare at max is pushing it but he is a huge improvement over D Lee and will be a force for us now and getting other players.

7.) Leaders: Let me just say that with Chris Duhon and Al Harrington as your leaders last year, the Knicks dooms were written on the wall. Both "leaders" of the team eventually became role players with Duhon not even playing for a month due to a shooting slump. NOW we have Raymond Felton and most of all, Amare to lead the team. These guys are proven, have skills, toughness, and the ability to make other players play harder. Our bench players will listen when they speak and will play harder than ever before.

8.) Decent draft picks: Jordan is a project that is playing in Serbia to improve his game, Rautins is either JJ Redick or Anthony Roberson, and Landry Fields is a steal. For all three players being 2nd round low risk picks, we didn't do too bad.

9.) Isiah not with the team: this is temporary of course but atleast we are saved from the embarissment of him being a scout on the team he ruined.

10.) Patrick Ewing Jr.: I said he can be the likely 15th man signing and I was right and I am proud of it! Ewing Jr. can be a hidden role player that has been overlooked because of his Daddy's fame. He has crazy athleticism and vertical jump and the one game he played as Knick in the garden was memorable

A lot to look forward too Knicks fans. We should all be optimistic.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
How about a real good power forward.

A coach getting some pleayers to fit his system better.

Younger guys getting better in a system, they are use to.

Fans finally having hope that we might be in the playoffs.

Some new players are question marks. Everything right now is pure speculation. No one knos how good they are going to be.

Theres a lot of things I guess if you want to analyze it from top to bottom.

Paul1355

All Star

Some new players are question marks. Everything right now is pure speculation. No one knos how good they are going to be.

I mentioned Amare and the guys that fit in the system: "MIke D'Antoni roster"

But yea we should be a playoff team for the first time since 2000.

And another thing to look forward to is the MSG crowds going CRAZY

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
With Patrick Ewing Jr. the Knicks now have some good karma on their side.

you know its funny you mention it cause things started going downhill when we traded Ewing ( senior ) hopefully we get some success again with Ewing Jr. except this time we win the finals with em. loll:gony:

Paul1355

All Star
you know its funny you mention it cause things started going downhill when we traded Ewing ( senior ) hopefully we get some success again with Ewing Jr. except this time we win the finals with em. loll:gony:
i think ewings dad would hate God forever. I can see Ewing sr. saying: "I gave so many years to this city with multiple all star appearances and being in the hall of fame, and you have my son win the ring with nothing but a number and a bench contract?!?!?! WHY!" lol

No in honesty I think Ewing's dad would feel like he won the championship if his son did. ewing would be at the game celebrating with his son in MSG. It would be glorious. I hope that happens.

Kiyaman

Legend

:agreed:

"Everything right now is pure speculation."
"No one knos how good they are going to be."

There are positives and negatives about this roster,
alot of the negatives could turn into positive with the meshing
of players throughout the season.
A big load will be put on SG-Mason for a 16 pts, 4 ast performance.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i think ewings dad would hate God forever. I can see Ewing sr. saying: "I gave so many years to this city with multiple all star appearances and being in the hall of fame, and you have my son win the ring with nothing but a number and a bench contract?!?!?! WHY!" lol

No in honesty I think Ewing's dad would feel like he won the championship if his son did. ewing would be at the game celebrating with his son in MSG. It would be glorious. I hope that happens.

i hope so too and i think it will loll, then we should retire the ewing family name hahahah

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Re #7, I can't see how Jordan is gonna improve his game in Serbia. Different role, different sized court, more 3s - less penetration. He'll be guarding a lot of centers on the perimeter and playing more face up D.

He'd have been better off in the D league. If anything, he went to Serbia for the cash.

He could well disappear.