Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 181

Thread: Can We Win w/ D'Antoni

  1. #106
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    20

    Thumbs up Reality check

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Love how you dudes just say some stupid insult to Kiya and then you all say "good job, well said" and all this 4th grade commentary.

    Look if you honestly feel that D'Antoni was not an embarissment the past two years, then you did not watch many Knick games. Plain and Simple. These arguments are like fans just watched Mike D's Suns teams and then watched a handful of Knicks games. He is overrated. That has been proven. His style players love, if they can shoot.

    Sitting there game after game just watching a poorly coached, poorly played, lack of will team to want to not do anything above average for their coach. These guys were embarrassing. They did not fit Mike's style and Mike did not care and made them conform to it anyways, resulting in another F of a season. Mike benched the wrong players and over played the wrong players. The Knicks coaching staff can't teach defense and Herb Williams is a waste. Kenny Atkinson acts like a strength and fitness coach and nothing else... always talks with his only reason for wins and loses being "energy". The only guy that might be decent on this team is Phil Weber. The problem is that Mike D has that ego factor and prob won't listen to what most of his staff says concerning rotations and offense/defensive schemes.

    Ego's kill players. Ego's kill teams. Unless Mike D expands this rotation, we are going to have a lot of pissed off players come mid season.
    Paul..... u know what gets me the most is I started the "Fire Isiah" chant in
    the 2004-5 season months before Marbury's famous quote "I am the best
    guard in the NBA".
    I have been attending several Knick-Forums the past 8 years. And
    lastseasons Game-Threads in over 10 Knick Forums were not put up the
    majority of the season b/c over half of the Knick-Fans and members of each
    forum had no interest in watching 41 of the 82 game season of Dantoni
    coaching the Knicks. It is a shame to mention clueless Isiah Thomas
    coaching had twice the interest of fans in his two seasons than Dantoni.
    This KO Forum had the lowest members attending the game-thread than it
    had in the past 5 years. It got so bad last season the KO Forum would go 2
    to 3 Knick games without putting up a Game-Thread. We had a long list of
    members to put up Game-Threads before the season, but why put up a
    game-thread when only 1 or 3 members is watching/attending the game-thread?
    Everyone that has visit the KO Forum in the past 3 seasons from other NBA
    sites will admit the KO Forum has been putting-up the best Game-Threads on
    the internet out of all the teams. Last season everyone in KO forum had a
    million and one excuses for not watching or attending Knick games.
    However:
    The majority of members that are defending Dantoni in this thread are the
    same members that predicted the Knicks will have a 38 to 45 win season in the
    2009-10 season, last year at this time in September. If not in this KO
    Forum in other Knick forums.
    Should we believe or take their advice now???


    P.S. K.Black..... stop contradicting yourself.
    The sameway David Lee went all out to have an outstanding performance to
    lift his FA value, u had SG-Nate/SG-Hughes/and C-Darko wanting the same
    oportunity that was given to PF-David Lee.
    K-Black u are to blind to figure out the missing pieces in all of Dantoni's
    lineups throughout the 2009-10 season (cap-space! cap-space! cap-space!).
    I thought the awareness of a D.League product C-Earl Barron in the last 7
    games with SG-T-Mac or SG-Walker alongside of PF-Lee, SF-Gallo, and PG-
    Douglas wouldve woke-up your senses to a complete NBA lineup, rather than
    the mystery of a Dantoni-system (SSOL). Wake The F up!!!
    Everybody and their mama knew Jefferies was "only" giving playingtime to be
    showcased at the start of the 1-11 record. u cant be that .....

  2. #107
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman

    P.S. K.Black..... stop contradicting yourself.
    The sameway David Lee went all out to have an outstanding performance to
    lift his FA value, u had SG-Nate/SG-Hughes/and C-Darko wanting the same
    oportunity that was given to PF-David Lee.
    K-Black u are to blind to figure out the missing pieces in all of Dantoni's
    lineups throughout the 2009-10 season (cap-space! cap-space! cap-space!).
    I thought the awareness of a D.League product C-Earl Barron in the last 7
    games with SG-T-Mac or SG-Walker alongside of PF-Lee, SF-Gallo, and PG-
    Douglas wouldve woke-up your senses to a complete NBA lineup, rather than
    the mystery of a Dantoni-system (SSOL). Wake The F up!!!
    Everybody and their mama knew Jefferies was "only" giving playingtime to be
    showcased at the start of the 1-11 record. u cant be that .....
    Darko was given time early and was terrible...it became clear early on that we were not going to get any value for Darko.

    Nate was given time and rather than act like an adult, he talked back to the coach when he was being reprimanded for shooting at the wrong hoop. Again, word of advice: do not talk back to the coach if you want to continue to play.

    Larry was given time as well, but never really "fit in" on the team and went public being upset with coach D'Antoni...

    Meanwhile: Lee shut his mouth and played hard getting consistent burn. Jefferies continued to play. Al Harrington continued to get minutes.

    Whether you hate him or love him, you have to be on the coach's goodside in order to play...would you rather be on your bosses good side or bad side? How quickly would your boss fire you if you messed up, he spoke to you about the issue, and you mouthed off back?

    Earl Barron gave a great effort, I'm not debating that. And I agree we need a Center...but we don't need to carry 5 centers on this squad. D'Antoni, for as much as you hate every piece of ground he has ever walked on, has tried to play centers...he gave Barron some burn, he gave Darko burn early until he played himself out of a job, and when Curry is available he tries to give him burn. But right now we have solid-interior defender Turiaf, we have Mozgov, we have Jordan, we have Curry...why throw a fifth center (1/3 of our entire team) in the mix when it is unlikely for Barron to get any burn at all. I understand WHY you need a center, any person with the ability to type knows that. But you can't just stockpile your team with centers, there are other positions of need and the fact that Barron has not been signed by ANY TEAM (not just our hateful, terrible front office in NY) tells me he is more Randolph Morris than he is Shaquille O'Neal.

  3. #108
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Yeah I don't believe he doesn't care about defense at all but he is kind of misguided to believe that with the offensive system he encourages the players can still play great defense.

    Your first point I don't agree with, purely because this is the NBA. These players work out day in day out, even the least "athletic" players are still great athletes with good mental and physical stamina.

    I don't think playing this system night in night out makes our team physically superior and therefore able to play both ends of the court with the amount of energy required.

    It's all about balance and for the last two seasons we didn't have that balance. That's not to say we won't have something resembling it this season, but we have to run at least a 9-10 man rotation and have roleplayers doing their role as oppose to everyone playing the role of part-time scorer.
    Smokes I can agree on the short rotation but Kblack basically covered all the points on that subject. I fundamentally disagree that all teams have equal conditioning and that playing in an uptempo nightly does not give a conditioning advantage over a team that doesn't. It is common knowledge around the league that D'ant's system can and does tire out the opponent. I live in Florida so I watch the Knicks with the NBA package and I can tell you this is a common talking point by almost every opponents commentators. That said, there are two teams so even if they were equally conditioned that negates your point about defense because the other team would also need to conserve energy just as you assert the Knicks do. Further D'ants system seduces opponents into playing our style and not theirs giving us yet another advantage. A run and gun offense is contagious and teams for the most part can't help but be lured into our pace.

  4. #109
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    20

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Darko was given time early and was terrible...it became clear early on that we were not going to get any value for Darko.

    Nate was given time and rather than act like an adult, he talked back to the coach when he was being reprimanded for shooting at the wrong hoop. Again, word of advice: do not talk back to the coach if you want to continue to play.

    Larry was given time as well, but never really "fit in" on the team and went public being upset with coach D'Antoni...

    Meanwhile: Lee shut his mouth and played hard getting consistent burn. Jefferies continued to play. Al Harrington continued to get minutes.

    Whether you hate him or love him, you have to be on the coach's goodside in order to play...would you rather be on your bosses good side or bad side? How quickly would your boss fire you if you messed up, he spoke to you about the issue, and you mouthed off back?

    Earl Barron gave a great effort, I'm not debating that. And I agree we need a Center...but we don't need to carry 5 centers on this squad. D'Antoni, for as much as you hate every piece of ground he has ever walked on, has tried to play centers...he gave Barron some burn, he gave Darko burn early until he played himself out of a job, and when Curry is available he tries to give him burn. But right now we have solid-interior defender Turiaf, we have Mozgov, we have Jordan, we have Curry...why throw a fifth center (1/3 of our entire team) in the mix when it is unlikely for Barron to get any burn at all. I understand WHY you need a center, any person with the ability to type knows that. But you can't just stockpile your team with centers, there are other positions of need and the fact that Barron has not been signed by ANY TEAM (not just our hateful, terrible front office in NY) tells me he is more Randolph Morris than he is Shaquille O'Neal.
    Earl Barron was given an ungaranteed contract by the Knicks when the
    season ended. He wanted more plus a garanteed contract which cost him to
    be in the situation he is in now. Being there is a shortage of centers in the
    league Barron agent is still holding on to those same stipulation he offered
    the Knicks with other NBA teams, which may pan out by training camp to
    teams like Indiana or Warriors.

    The Knicks first game of last season were against super star SG-D.Wade
    Miami Heat. The Knicks DNP one of the NBA top 10 defensive SG-Hughes for
    that first game. Absurd!
    During the Preseason games we were bashed by ex-teammate Marbury for
    taking 34 3-ball shots out of 68 fga in a game. We all hated to mention that
    Marbury was finally right in a quotation to the press. Absurd!
    The couple of minutes C-Darko receive playingtime as a Knick was in the
    preseason games where he had to play alongside of player Gallo, never with
    PF-David Lee who had the complimentary skills to help Darko position himself
    as a center on offense/defense. Absurd!
    Darko did well on the Magic as C-Howard 14 mpg backup, Darko did well on
    Memphis as C-Gasol 21 mpg backup.
    However, Darko was not good enough to play one minute of playingtime on a
    stripped up one year rented-player Knick Team. Absurd!

    Having a job and a career are two different things. Especially when one
    comes with a guaranteed contract, where the rules of your contract is the
    only boss to stop your pay$. Jerome James said F.U. to coach/president Isiah
    Thomas and received full payment of his contract.
    Who was Jerome James boss?

    Larry was given time as well, but never really "fit in" on the team and went public
    being upset with coach D'Antoni...
    Larry was given 30 mpg in 7 games and won 4 of the 7 games, what part didnt he fit in at?
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Sep 09, 2010 at 13:55.

  5. #110
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Earl Barron was given an ungaranteed contract by the Knicks when the
    season ended. He wanted more plus a garanteed contract which cost him to
    be in the situation he is in now. Being there is a shortage of centers in the
    league Barron agent is still holding on to those same stipulation he offered
    the Knicks with other NBA teams, which may pan out by training camp to
    teams like Indiana or Warriors.
    Like I said, if he was worth a guaranteed deal someone would have signed him by now.

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The Knicks first game of last season were against super star SG-D.Wade
    Miami Heat. The Knicks DNP one of the NBA top 10 defensive SG-Hughes for
    that first game. Absurd!
    Top 10 by what metric? Of current players in the NBA, according to basketball reference, Larry Hughes is not in the top FIFTY of defensive rating, nor is he in the top FIFTY of defensive win shares (an estimate of how many wins a player's defense adds). So by what metric/evidence is he top 10? GIVE A STAT THAT PROVES IT!!!!!!!! IF YOU DO NOT YOU ARE ADMITTING THIS IS A LIE AND SPECULATION! Sorry for the bold, but you tend to make claims without proof or evidence.


    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    During the Preseason games we were bashed by ex-teammate Marbury for
    taking 34 3-ball shots out of 68 fga in a game. We all hated to mention that
    Marbury was finally right in a quotation to the press. Absurd!
    If you put stock into anything Marbury says I have a nice bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you. Just because Marbury's criticisms may have been accurate does not mean he is some basketball super-genius. More likely is that he was willing to criticize the man that, in a way, sent him packing his bags to China.


    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The couple of minutes C-Darko receive playingtime as a Knick was in the
    preseason games where he had to play alongside of player Gallo, never with
    PF-David Lee who had the complimentary skills to help Darko position himself
    as a center on offense/defense. Absurd!
    Darko did well on the Magic as C-Howard 14 mpg backup, Darko did well on
    Memphis as C-Gasol 21 mpg backup.
    However, Darko was not good enough to play one minute of playingtime on a
    stripped up one year rented-player Knick Team. Absurd!
    In the games Darko played in the regular season, Darko managed to do a whole lot of nothing...do I really have to convince a human being who (allegedly) watches basketball that Darko is nothing more than a marginal player at best?

    Originally Posted by Kiyman
    Having a job and a career are two different things. Especially when one
    comes with a guaranteed contract, where the rules of your contract is the
    only boss to stop your pay$. Jerome James said F.U. to coach/president Isiah
    Thomas and received full payment of his contract.
    Who was Jerome James boss?
    So you want D'Antoni to fold up when being yelled at by players exactly like the totally inept Isiah Thomas? You want our coach to be MORE like ISiah...is that what I am getting out of this? That D'Antoni should do things the way Isiah Thomas did them? Really? Please explain what you are trying to get across with this point...I don't want to call you out for wanting D'Antoni to act MORE LIKE Isiah, because I think even you know that is an absurd request.

    Originally Posted by Kiyman
    Larry was given 30 mpg in 7 games and won 4 of the 7 games, what part didnt he fit in at?
    Again, you confuse correlation with causation...just because Larry got 30 mpg and they won 4/7 does not mean Larry's 30 mpg was the reason they won 4/7. In fact, if you want, I'll go through all the wins in which Larry Hughes was in the starting lineup...though this argument would still confuse correlation with causation:

    W v. New Orleans
    W v. New Jersey
    W v. Phoenix (a game which, according to you Kiyaman, the Suns purposely lost)

    That's it.

    Three. Three wins with Larry Hughes in the starting lineup, one of which was against the worst team in the league and one of which Kiyaman himself claims is a forfeit by Phoenix. Do I have to say more?

    The starting lineup with Hughes was 3-11 (that's .216 winning percentage for those of you counting at home). The same starters with Jefferies in lieu of Hughes was 11-16 (.407). I don't know how it could be more clear that Hughes was not the answer.
    Last edited by KBlack25; Sep 09, 2010 at 14:56.

  6. #111
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    eventually, this thread will end up debating whether the Knicks miss Shandon Anderson, Vin Baker, Nazr Mohammed, Frederic Weis and Othella Harrington... I can see it reaching that point any moment.

    Ah, I also forgot Michael Sweetney and Frank Robinson... man o' man do we miss those guys.

    Bottom line: If Knicks get into the playoffs this year, Kiya should block himself from posting again till next season. If we don't reach the playoffs, then everyone will owe him an apology.

    Knicks WILL be in the playoffs this year, fuuuuuck Earl Barron, Larry Hughes, Renaldo Balkman, Darko Milicic, Jared Jeffries, Nate Robinson, Isiah Thomas, James Dolan and Larry Brown too... take that to the bank.

  7. #112
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    K-Black..... all that was unnessescary.
    The article on Earl Barron
    The Knicks initially tried to sign Barron at the end of the 09-10 season, when he averaged 11.7 points and 11 rebounds in 33.1 minutes per game in the final two weeks of the season. He was offered a non-guaranteed contract for 10-11 and turned it down, mainly because he was hoping to get something more secure - perhaps even from the Knicks - during the offseason.
    Larry Hughes was a 12 yr veteran earning $12M per for his defense.
    Larry Hughes defense help Lebron get to the FINALS.

    Giving Darko 7 to 8 minutes of playingtime per game in just 8 games is teasing a MF

    Any comment coming out of Marbury mouth about the Knicks is a joke.

    Any time a player or players start yelling at a coach in public means the respect is gone.

  8. #113
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    20

    Angry

    Originally Posted by portega1968
    eventually, this thread will end up debating whether the Knicks miss Shandon Anderson, Vin Baker, Nazr Mohammed, Frederic Weis and Othella Harrington... I can see it reaching that point any moment.

    Ah, I also forgot Michael Sweetney and Frank Robinson... man o' man do we miss those guys.

    Bottom line: If Knicks get into the playoffs this year, Kiya should block himself from posting again till next season. If we don't reach the playoffs, then everyone will owe him an apology.

    Knicks WILL be in the playoffs this year, fuuuuuck Earl Barron, Larry Hughes, Renaldo Balkman, Darko Milicic, Jared Jeffries, Nate Robinson, Isiah Thomas, James Dolan and Larry Brown too... take that to the bank.
    u need to slow down wid all dat bull
    and worry about what 7 players will be in the Knicks small rotation in 2010-11

  9. #114
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    u need to slow down wid all dat bull
    and worry about what 7 players will be in the Knicks small rotation in 2010-11
    D'Antoni ran an 8-9 man rotation in PHX.

  10. #115
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Love how you dudes just say some stupid insult to Kiya and then you all say "good job, well said" and all this 4th grade commentary.

    Look if you honestly feel that D'Antoni was not an embarissment the past two years, then you did not watch many Knick games. Plain and Simple. These arguments are like fans just watched Mike D's Suns teams and then watched a handful of Knicks games. He is overrated. That has been proven. His style players love, if they can shoot.

    Sitting there game after game just watching a poorly coached, poorly played, lack of will team to want to not do anything above average for their coach. These guys were embarrassing. They did not fit Mike's style and Mike did not care and made them conform to it anyways, resulting in another F of a season. Mike benched the wrong players and over played the wrong players. The Knicks coaching staff can't teach defense and Herb Williams is a waste. Kenny Atkinson acts like a strength and fitness coach and nothing else... always talks with his only reason for wins and loses being "energy". The only guy that might be decent on this team is Phil Weber. The problem is that Mike D has that ego factor and prob won't listen to what most of his staff says concerning rotations and offense/defensive schemes.

    Ego's kill players. Ego's kill teams. Unless Mike D expands this rotation, we are going to have a lot of pissed off players come mid season.
    Well I already said I'm not gonna debate this topic further. I have been following the thread though and I liked Kblack's post. Nothing 4th grade about that. Post something intelligent on this here topic and I'd be inclined to give ya some props as well. Me don't discriminate..

    I must admit, that this thread continues to go on and on and you and Kiyaman STILL don't get it, and continue to argue is baffling and sorry to say entertaining, in a cringe worthy kind of way.

  11. #116
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,146
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Jimqueef the Style Thief, you are a loser and everyone can see that. Keep fixating on some stupid bet all while betting AGAINST a team you claim to be a fan of. You are a sad old man acting like a prepubescent schoolboy who runs around and tries to show off his first 3 inch erection.

    You can't help but show your disdain for the Knicks and your inability to talk about the subject in a competent way so you resort to nonsense all while continuing to look like a d-bag hypocrite. Do us all a favor and go masturbate to Eddy Curry's pics for the 1000th time and leave this forum to the real Knick fans. Thanks!
    So I am not a "real knicks fan", but I joined KO.COM a year before you did. You demonstrate your stupidity making dumb-ass comments like that. Maybe I should get some cheerleaders in my sig like you to show how "much of a fan I am" like you???? Right. Just because I'm not like the three blind mice believing that "STAT" will revolutionize the east, D'ant will be coach of the year, and GS and Carolina cast-offs won't lead us to the promised land doesn't make me less of a fan. I just keep it real. The fact you won't bet me just proves how full of **** you are. Keep trying to stunt for the rest of the board, but as soon as someone pulls your little *****-*** card, you back up like the eight-legged-crawdad-coward you are. And I put that ON CHIEF!!!!

  12. #117
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    So I am not a "real knicks fan", but I joined KO.COM a year before you did. You demonstrate your stupidity making dumb-ass comments like that. Maybe I should get some cheerleaders in my sig like you to show how "much of a fan I am" like you???? Right. Just because I'm not like the three blind mice believing that "STAT" will revolutionize the east, D'ant will be coach of the year, and GS and Carolina cast-offs won't lead us to the promised land doesn't make me less of a fan. I just keep it real. The fact you won't bet me just proves how full of **** you are. Keep trying to stunt for the rest of the board, but as soon as someone pulls your little *****-*** card, you back up like the eight-legged-crawdad-coward you are. And I put that ON CHIEF!!!!

    While I disagree with your opinion on the team (I think being a Golden State cast-off is not necessarily something that is so revolutionarily horrible because Nellie is a crazy person) I do agree with the sentiment that people here are or are not "real" Knicks fans.

    As someone who has been called a fake Knicks fan because I was not positive I wanted Patrick Ewing to become head coach (sidenote: I asked a friend of mind who is a Magic fan about the prospects of Ewing becoming a head coach he followed his initial uproarious laughter with the statement "Trust me, you want no part of that"), I know that it is not only a ridiculous statement, but is entirely untrue. To me it's like when somebody criticizes the war in Iraq and the right-wing calls those people "un-American" accusing them of basically hating America.

    We all have differing opinions about how to get to ultimately the same goal: winning a championship. Now, on the argument I tend to align myself more with Trill - but I can't really respect an argument that revolves around not being a "true" Knicks fan. The fact that we spend all this time on the board criticizing, praising or whatever else means that we are true Knicks fans, all of us. We spent all this time on the board following a team that has been an embarassment for the past decade (I spent time on the HoopsHype Knicks board before coming here). We spend money, directly or indirectly on the team. We all want a Knicks title.

    So, I'm calling out a moratorium on the "not a true Knicks fan" argument - stick to debating the actual facts. We can have different opinions, but the "not a true Knicks fan" argument, to me, is a cheap way out without truly debating anything.

  13. #118
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    So I am not a "real knicks fan", but I joined KO.COM a year before you did. You demonstrate your stupidity making dumb-ass comments like that. Maybe I should get some cheerleaders in my sig like you to show how "much of a fan I am" like you???? Right. Just because I'm not like the three blind mice believing that "STAT" will revolutionize the east, D'ant will be coach of the year, and GS and Carolina cast-offs won't lead us to the promised land doesn't make me less of a fan. I just keep it real. The fact you won't bet me just proves how full of **** you are. Keep trying to stunt for the rest of the board, but as soon as someone pulls your little *****-*** card, you back up like the eight-legged-crawdad-coward you are. And I put that ON CHIEF!!!!

    You're a sad clown.





    You may have been a fan years ago when you still had testosterone running through your body but now you are pure emo estrogen. Take some Midol...it will ease your cramping and maybe help alleviate your douche-bagged'ness.

    You are a fake fan because you don't like our roster, don't like our coach, don't like our management and want to bet AGAINST the Knicks doing good. Dude, I don't need to make some stupid bet, call me any name you want because it does not bother me and I will continue to call you Jimqueef the Style Thief. That said, I am all in on the Knicks making the payoffs this year and you can quote me on that. Further I never made any claims that D'ant will win COY or that Amare will "revolutionize" the East...that my dimwitted over the hill chump is a delusion you made up in order to dodge all my REAL points. And my skeet I put that ON CHIEF!!!!

  14. #119
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,146
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    While I disagree with your opinion on the team (I think being a Golden State cast-off is not necessarily something that is so revolutionarily horrible because Nellie is a crazy person) I do agree with the sentiment that people here are or are not "real" Knicks fans.

    As someone who has been called a fake Knicks fan because I was not positive I wanted Patrick Ewing to become head coach (sidenote: I asked a friend of mind who is a Magic fan about the prospects of Ewing becoming a head coach he followed his initial uproarious laughter with the statement "Trust me, you want no part of that"), I know that it is not only a ridiculous statement, but is entirely untrue. To me it's like when somebody criticizes the war in Iraq and the right-wing calls those people "un-American" accusing them of basically hating America.

    We all have differing opinions about how to get to ultimately the same goal: winning a championship. Now, on the argument I tend to align myself more with Trill - but I can't really respect an argument that revolves around not being a "true" Knicks fan. The fact that we spend all this time on the board criticizing, praising or whatever else means that we are true Knicks fans, all of us. We spent all this time on the board following a team that has been an embarassment for the past decade (I spent time on the HoopsHype Knicks board before coming here). We spend money, directly or indirectly on the team. We all want a Knicks title.

    So, I'm calling out a moratorium on the "not a true Knicks fan" argument - stick to debating the actual facts. We can have different opinions, but the "not a true Knicks fan" argument, to me, is a cheap way out without truly debating anything.
    100% agreed KB. Just the simple fact we all even bother to follow a team that has been bad for a decade means WE ARE ALL FANS!!!!

  15. #120
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,146
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    You're a sad clown.





    You may have been a fan years ago when you still had testosterone running through your body but now you are pure emo estrogen. Take some Midol...it will ease your cramping and maybe help alleviate your douche-bagged'ness.

    You are a fake fan because you don't like our roster, don't like our coach, don't like our management and want to bet AGAINST the Knicks doing good. Dude, I don't need to make some stupid bet, call me any name you want because it does not bother me and I will continue to call you Jimqueef the Style Thief. That said, I am all in on the Knicks making the payoffs this year and you can quote me on that. Further I never made any claims that D'ant will win COY or that Amare will "revolutionize" the East...that my dimwitted over the hill chump is a delusion you made up in order to dodge all my REAL points. And my skeet I put that ON CHIEF!!!!
    BTW TRILLY A WOMAN...... WHICH WOMAN ARE YOU IN YOUR SIG????? THE ONE ON THE RIGHT OR THE ONE ON THE LEFT?????

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 17:27
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 11:40
  3. NOW Mike D'Antoni doesnt believe in Duhon
    By StreetDreams21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2009, 16:11
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Oct 27, 2009, 22:48
  5. D'antoni in Love with the Big ****
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 11:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •