Anyone know the terms of feltons contract?

jzero29

Rotation player
Anyone know the terms of feltons contract?

I heard 7 over 3yrs
I heard 8 over 3yrs?

either way. I hope he has a great season and proves worth 7-8 mill.
Because if not he will just be another over paid role player we have stuck on our roster with no over-all value.

note: value determined by talent(skill), potential and cost effectiveness

note: Cost effectiveness Production and salary. example curry 11 mill and 0 production. not cost effective
duhon more productive then previously mentioned guys but not super, also wasn't paid that much so he was in the middle on cost effective.

on other hand wilson chandler 15 ppg (production) 2 million per(cost). very productive for his money.
He'd have more value, then a guy who makes 7per with the exact same numbers.
All and all I hope feltons value is balanced. but 8 mill means he needs a lot of producton to balance. 8 mill is a lot of production to live up to. We're talking big production. I'd be happy with 14-17ppg and 6-8 ass along with good defense as equal for 8mil.
estatic with 20 and 10ass.

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i think its 3 years 25 mill with the first 2 years guaranteed and the 3rd year has a team option on it. im like 95.999999% sure on this loll.

Paul1355

All Star
i think its 3 years 25 mill with the first 2 years guaranteed and the 3rd year has a team option on it. im like 95.999999% sure on this loll.
thats about right....7-8 mil per year with 2 years guaranteed and the third year a team option so that we can go after Chris Paul in 2012 free agency....no joke, that is the only reason to leave that year open in Felton's contract. Donnie wants the big 3 here in NY eventually.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
but the way i see it if felton plays real well these 2 years and gets all-star consideration( for example ) why not keep him. im all for giving the guy a shot but if he fits the bill keep em.

Paul1355

All Star
but the way i see it if felton plays real well these 2 years and gets all-star consideration( for example ) why not keep him. im all for giving the guy a shot but if he fits the bill keep em.
no, if Felton does really well and Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans(most likely) then we would trade Felton in his 2nd year for some good value and then go after Chris Paul.

You really think Donnie is not going to shed more cap space for the best PG in the NBA, who said during Melo's wedding that he is open to the idea of a big three in NY?

Donnie looks at that seriously which is why he is making every effort to trade or get Melo in free agency next year because once Melo and Amare are teamates, Chris Paul is almost a gurantee, yes I said it, GUARANTEE to come to NY.

In the end....screw Felton if we can get Melo this year or the next because Paul is waiting in the shadows.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
loll yea you have a point but the way i see it if the guys playing at a high level then why not keep him? having so many big names on a team like that may work for a couple of years or whatever then the breakup will be really bad, thats eventually whats going to do miami in all those egos used to being the main guy then now their asked to be 2nd, and 3rd options eventually tensions will rise( like when they get ousted early in the playoffs or something ). so all im saying if we keep Felton then why not? if he fits the bill im all for em loll

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
loll yea you have a point but the way i see it if the guys playing at a high level then why not keep him? having so many big names on a team like that may work for a couple of years or whatever then the breakup will be really bad, thats eventually whats going to do miami in all those egos used to being the main guy then now their asked to be 2nd, and 3rd options eventually tensions will rise( like when they get ousted early in the playoffs or something ). so all im saying if we keep Felton then why not? if he fits the bill im all for em loll

Only if they are not winning. If they are dominating they all should be happy IMHO.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Only if they are not winning. If they are dominating they all should be happy IMHO.

lebron has the biggest ego they should win 1-2 championships and with Wade ( also a huge ego ) as the guy on that team lebron wont be able to accept that he isnt the "main guy" anymore and Bosh wants to have that ego but i really dont see him as more then just an allstar in the same tier as J.J and such. it'll be a honeymoon for a couple of seasons and they will win. but eventually tensions will start to rise and they will be ousted embarrassingly from the playoffs-a-la- mavericks. you could quote me on that. teams arent intended to be built with that many superstars on the team it just wont work