Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: The Most Overrated Scorers in the NBA: Melo 13th overrall.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    653
    Rep Power
    11

    Default The Most Overrated Scorers in the NBA: Melo 13th overrall.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    This article has some merit to it. But when it comes to Derrick Rose and Melo....I think it does them injustice.

    Derrick Rose in that 2009 playoffs vs the Celtics was pretty special.

  2. #2
    Member XxWinKnicksxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Cuse
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I would like to know what all the Carmelo Anthony bashers would think would happen if He wasen't on the nuggets. You might have a point that he dosent do what all the elite players do in the league and he dosent take over in the playoffs,(Naysayers In General) but I would counter that with His team is not that good. K Martin is not a star like some people think he is. Jr Smith is overrated and to streaky. Nene is far from a elite center. They got a elite pg, but thats it.

    The nuggets have gone to the playoffs every season sense Carmelo has
    been there. They weren't even relevent before he got there, and he made them worth watching all by himself.

    To bad he cant win it all by himself. He might need a elite power foward, players that aren't streaky, and play like there **** dont stink, plus play smart and HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    They can say all they want but I know carmelo is not a overrated scorer. Put him on a team with garnett in his prime, gasol, howard, shaq in his prime and add in some role players and you have a team more then able to get to the finals with the right role players and win the damm thing... geez

    If melo was in Miami and had shaq then, Carmelo has a ring. This shiiit is is overrated and over anayalizing this shhiitt is overrated.

  3. #3
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Blumatic
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    This article has some merit to it. But when it comes to Derrick Rose and Melo....I think it does them injustice.

    Derrick Rose in that 2009 playoffs vs the Celtics was pretty special.
    Put Melo on the lakers and take Kobe off and you can still have a championship....Melo shot so much because only him and Billups were good on offense. Everyone else was average, JR Smith is ok.

    Melo needs a big man o draw guys away from him like Kobe had in Pau Gasol...Amare can fit that role perfectly.

  4. #4
    Superstar Scribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    607
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Al Harrington

  5. #5
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Put Melo on the lakers and take Kobe off and you can still have a championship....Melo shot so much because only him and Billups were good on offense. Everyone else was average, JR Smith is ok.

    Melo needs a big man o draw guys away from him like Kobe had in Pau Gasol...Amare can fit that role perfectly.

    One of the more ridiculous comments made on these boards when you consider this:

    Most, though, is not all. Three players -- Carmelo Anthony (6.0 wins Produced), Monta Ellis (1.9 wins Produced), and Danny Granger (3.8 wins produced) -- are what we call "unproductive scorers." Yes, each player can score. But once again, a player primarily impacts wins by shooting efficiently and taking actions that get and keep possession of the ball (i.e. rebounds, steals, and avoiding turnovers). And when we consider the factors that dictate wins, we see that Anthony, Ellis, and Granger come up short. In sum, each is overrated.

    Could Melo drop 81 (i.e. Kobe's work) ??? I guess he could score 63 against an overpowered Celts (i.e. Jordan's genius) team in the playoffs too right?? Utterly ridiculous..

    Melo <<<<<<< Kobe by a mile dude!
    Last edited by ronoranina; Sep 04, 2010 at 13:47.

  6. #6
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    One of the more ridiculous comments made on these boards when you consider this:

    Most, though, is not all. Three players -- Carmelo Anthony (6.0 wins Produced), Monta Ellis (1.9 wins Produced), and Danny Granger (3.8 wins produced) -- are what we call "unproductive scorers." Yes, each player can score. But once again, a player primarily impacts wins by shooting efficiently and taking actions that get and keep possession of the ball (i.e. rebounds, steals, and avoiding turnovers). And when we consider the factors that dictate wins, we see that Anthony, Ellis, and Granger come up short. In sum, each is overrated.

    Could Melo drop 81 (i.e. Kobe's work) ??? I guess he could score 63 against an overpowered Celts (i.e. Jordan's genius) team in the playoffs too right?? Utterly ridiculous..
    OK you play a team based primarily on stats and see how far you go, David Lee looked great with numbers but look how many point he gave up on defense??? Leading to more losses than wins, hurting us more than he helped. Positive or negative, numbers don't tell a players game unless they are drastic like Chandler shooting 26% from three last year.

    Melo can take over basketball games on a daily basis and led the Nuggets over and over again, he is a super star. Take him off the team and they suck. Does he chuck, yes, does Kobe chuck, yes, does any star chuck, YES.... Deal with it.

    Is Dirk over rated? he chucks up shots and misses all the time. How about Rashard Lewis? I see that guy miss ten shots a game. Still a dynamic player. You can name so many stars that have low "true shooting" percentages and can still carry teams.

    The fact is that Felton, Melo, and Amare could possibly make us the 2nd best team in the East.

    Melo is not over rated because of metric stats or whatever you propose, you forget that stats don't apply to the locker room, chemistry, Melo having all the spotlight which takes pressure off the rest of the team, essentially helping everyone.
    Melo just needs a good PG, he has that with Billups, hopefully Felton would be great with him but who knows.

    We should not give up Randolph and Gallo for Melo, too much.

    Gallo for Melo straight up with Curry and a pick, yes.

  7. #7
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    OK you play a team based primarily on stats and see how far you go, David Lee looked great with numbers but look how many point he gave up on defense??? Leading to more losses than wins, hurting us more than he helped. Positive or negative, numbers don't tell a players game unless they are drastic like Chandler shooting 26% from three last year.

    Melo can take over basketball games on a daily basis and led the Nuggets over and over again, he is a super star. Take him off the team and they suck. Does he chuck, yes, does Kobe chuck, yes, does any star chuck, YES.... Deal with it.

    Is Dirk over rated? he chucks up shots and misses all the time. How about Rashard Lewis? I see that guy miss ten shots a game. Still a dynamic player. You can name so many stars that have low "true shooting" percentages and can still carry teams.

    The fact is that Felton, Melo, and Amare could possibly make us the 2nd best team in the East.

    Melo is not over rated because of metric stats or whatever you propose, you forget that stats don't apply to the locker room, chemistry, Melo having all the spotlight which takes pressure off the rest of the team, essentially helping everyone.
    Melo just needs a good PG, he has that with Billups, hopefully Felton would be great with him but who knows.

    We should not give up Randolph and Gallo for Melo, too much.

    Gallo for Melo straight up with Curry and a pick, yes.
    Dude you said you could take Kobe off of the Lakers and replace him w Melo. Right or wrong???

    That's like saying saying you could replace A-Rod w David Wright and Yankees would still win it all!!! Facken ludicrous..

    In your 1st point you didn't say anything about so-called overrated scores just carrying teams w low FG percentages. Don't backtrack now bro.

    Yes scorers like Melo, Dirk and even Rashard Lewis (whom you used in an argument along side Dirk- they do not equate, but whatevs) can carry teams for stretches. That goes w/out saying. But you basically said Melo = Kobe in that first post I responded to and that is just dumb.

    Either take it back or stop arguing.

  8. #8
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Dude you said you could take Kobe off of the Lakers and replace him w Melo. Right or wrong???

    That's like saying saying you could replace A-Rod w David Wright and Yankees would still win it all!!! Facken ludicrous..

    In your 1st point you didn't say anything about so-called overrated scores just carrying teams w low FG percentages. Don't backtrack now bro.

    Yes scorers like Melo, Dirk and even Rashard Lewis (whom you used in an argument along side Dirk- they do not equate, but whatevs) can carry teams for stretches. That goes w/out saying. But you basically said Melo = Kobe in that first post I responded to and that is just dumb.

    Either take it back or stop arguing.
    Melo and Kobe are in totally different situations with Kobe having the edge even though he is better.

    Your going to tell me that a lineup of

    Fisher
    Melo
    Artest
    Gasol
    Bynum

    Would not win a ring easily????

    Kobe needed the players around him just like Lebron did, just like Wade did.

    Wade needed Shaq for that ring, Kobe needed Shaq and then needed Gasol, Lebron needed...well let's just say he only needed one star with him but decided to be a wimp and go with two stars.

    I'm saying put Kobe on the Nuggets and they don't win a ring or even come close, just like Melo hasn't.

    Put Melo on the Lakers and you can easily win a ring.

    Kobe does not equal Melo....Kobe is the best player in the world, BUT Melo is top 10. And has the ability to score as easily as Kobe can, I have seen Melo just school guys and look like the best player in the NBA. He has the talent and the ability, he just needs help...like a big man. Which Amare would be perfect for.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 76
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2010, 13:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •