Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NBA Elite 11 fails again

Thumbs down NBA Elite 11 fails again

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The graphics suck
    The players feet slide like it always has in the NBA series.
    This game reminds me of basketball games back in 2002
    No animation
    The announcers say the same things over and over again, bvery repetitive.

The only positive is the crowd's reaction.

Once again NBA 2k 11 wwill kill NBA Elite 11. For some reason 2k games knows how to make player animations were EA sports has no clue how to.

If 2k 11 can have realistic fan reactions to dunks and clutch shots then it will beat Elite 11 hands down 100%.
    2k 10 has bad fan reastions were an amazing dunk would result in a quiet hand clap as if it happens all the time.

2k 11 wins.

If anyone is buying either NBA 2k11 or NBA Elite 11....go with 2k.

2k graphics are amazing

I just don't get it...how is 2k just that much better year in and out than EA sports!

I mean EA has been at it so long, but quality of the game is a level down.

Plus 2k has MJ on the cover that alone is why it will completley blow away Elite.

I'm always going with the 2K series, presentation of the game and fun is why I lean towards 2K more.

I do like EA's ESPN feature this year but that really isnt enough to make me want to buy it.

Everyone buys 2K so I jump on that bandwagon.

Yikes...this looks ugly.

I always hated how the players move in Live. All jerky and unnatural.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    I always hated how the players move in Live. All jerky and unnatural.
    I always felt the flow of the game was more like NBA Jam than a REAL NBA game...

At the same time, sometimes 2K pisses me off...having a center wide open underneath the hoop and I hit shoot, and rather than just going up and dunking he tries some spinning finger roll...

Both games have the game sort of messed up, but 2K has it more right (or less wrong, depending on how you look at it)

I have always bought NBA live because I buy EA sports games for everything else and i was not aware that the 2k series was much more highly regarded by basketball fans, I will be trying the 2k series this year just because of the amount of basketball fans that say it is more realistic!

Oh and I am playing dynasty mode in NBA Live 10 now and when i sim games it doesnt matter who i put in the centre and PF position they will average 7-10 points and 6-9 rebounds, while the small forward and shooting guards score far our side of their abilities time and time again, very annoying, so annoying infact that this is the main reason i want to try 2k this year

Originally Posted by Bunta
    I have always bought NBA live because I buy EA sports games for everything else and i was not aware that the 2k series was much more highly regarded by basketball fans, I will be trying the 2k series this year just because of the amount of basketball fans that say it is more realistic!
    I played both series year after year and I can rightfully say that 2k is like the Lakers...was always on top and is just making minor adjustments like getting Steve Blake....

NBA Live/Elite is like the Minnesota Timberwolves...you always think that they can finalyl put some young peices together that will eventually go .500 and they never do once you see their weaknesses in the coaching and management. EA sports has never fixed the graphics problem that has hindered their basketball franchise by being anything but a laughing stock. The tendencies, I GUESS, can be the only realistic apporach they have taken when it comes to basketball...but when you have horrible graphics like NBA Elite 11 does...guys sliding on the court like old games were, non fluid movement...compared to 2k11 it is down right ugly.

EA sports has to address graphics or they will go out of business and NBA 2k will be the next Madden...taking over the sport, video game style.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

2K11 looks like sprts game of the year the features are awesome the graphics are incredible the gameplay is fluid and realistic and the commentating is allstar worthy. i also love the my player mode how you could win endorsements and sneaker deals and if your real good other players in the league will wear your signature shoes a-la-jordan loll.

all im saying is **** elite 2k all day.........2K for the win......its good!!!!! loll
    Last edited by DaTPRiNCE; Sep 03, 2010 at 01:58.

yep sounds like i will be switching camps for sure! Does @K have a mode like Live where you take control of the franchise for multiple years including trades and drafting ect?

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by Bunta
    yep sounds like i will be switching camps for sure! Does @K have a mode like Live where you take control of the franchise for multiple years including trades and drafting ect?
    they've been having a franchise mode loll.

Elite is garbage.....2Kall day....from nba 2k came out on the dreamcast, no basketball game has ever come close!!

2k is really going all out this year.

as for elite...

Honestly both games are overrated. I dont see much progress from 2k9 to 2k11

just looking at the demos, its all the same **** year after year with little stuff added to make it seem its a much better game.

and EA sports just suck ass for some reason