Hypothetical trade idea December 15th if Felton doesn't work out

wnyknicksfan

Benchwarmer
If Felton doesn't work out I would be shocked if people already think he won't I think he will work out but I think this would be a good trade

Trade Felton randolph for Flynn love rights to Rubio
I think it's a fair trade

Why minny does it Flynn doesn't run the triangle offense well although I heard they are trying to transition to fast paced game secondly Rubio will not step foot in minny he has a ego NYC is the perfect place for him third there were rumors of Randolph for love before the lee trade

This trade would only be good if one we are that desperate for Rubio also I think two power forwards fit dantoni better then a traditional center

Your thoughts

shaolin

Benchwarmer
We trade Randolph and Felton
for
Flynn, Love and rights to Rubio.

I am not a fan of Flynn, but if we get Rubio, that means Flynn would be a backup PG, which I don't mind. I just don't see Minny going for that trade. It all depends on Randolph's development. He should be getting a good 25 minutes per game at least, so that is enough playing time to learn and develop one's skills and IQ.

I do like Love and think he is a really solid player. He can shoot, is one of the leagues best rebounders and he is as coachable as players come. But, I am kind of excited about Randolph and just don't see Felton struggling. I think Felton will be a top 10 PG and top 15 PG at the very worst. He has speed, good court vision, he has shown he can play pick and roll offense, he can beat people off the dribble, his shot has improved, etc. Felton is more than a servicable

But, yes, I like that trade. And Rubio is really young. What is he? 18 years old?

I am pretty sure Minny is not looking to trade Rubio. I do believe Rubio will start his career at Minny.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
Rubio is 20, but with an incredible experience: at 16 he played in euroleague and at 18 in the spanish national team.
I'v some doubt about his future in NBA because he has few defense e no shoot. (And NBA "speed" is double than europe basketball...)

portega1968

El Cacique
couldnt we just have ONE thread for all "out-of-nowhere" trade ideas?

I think Im gonna open up a thread about trading Eddy Curry for Dwight Howard.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
People need to stop teasing me with all these carmelo, jonny flynn threads lol. Jonny is undersized thats what scares me about him, but the dude can play, and hes a stand up guy, wants to win, gives it his all. But honestly I think R felton is gonna be a steal and be really good. Perfect fit in my eyes!

Aristoteles

Benchwarmer
Paul obvious

Felton AR Chandler Mason Curry and first pick for Paul Ariza and Okafor. They accept for sure

Paul
Ariza
Gallo
Amare
Okafor

Douglas
Azzy
Walker
Turiaf
Mozgov

Fields
Rautins

Nice team
Then send away Mike

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
If Felton doesn't work out I would be shocked if people already think he won't I think he will work out but I think this would be a good trade

Trade Felton randolph for Flynn love rights to Rubio
I think it's a fair trade

Why minny does it Flynn doesn't run the triangle offense well although I heard they are trying to transition to fast paced game secondly Rubio will not step foot in minny he has a ego NYC is the perfect place for him third there were rumors of Randolph for love before the lee trade

This trade would only be good if one we are that desperate for Rubio also I think two power forwards fit dantoni better then a traditional center

Your thoughts

I don't think Randolph is ever leaving our team unless he shows to be very inconsistent after this year.

Also what is the point in getting Flynn and Rubio and then having Douglas as well. 3 point guards?

Douglas should be a role player on any team and Flynn should start just like Rubio should start so I see a log jam at PG.

Since we are low on draft picks I feel that Donnie would trade Felton for draft picks.

Possibly Chandler and Felton for a 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, and a good player in return. Something like that or Chandler and Felton for two 1st round picks.

And honestly Love does not impress me yet, in the FIBA games he shows many weaknesses on defense.

Two PF's is better?

If that is so then let's deal with Amare and Randolph, atleast Randolph can block 3 shots a game per 36 min. Love can't do that. Nor can love rebound as much as Randolph can.

So honestly getting Love and Flynn is pointless.

If Felton does not work out then we would probably go after Chris Paul or Tony Parker in a trade or just start douglas and wait until free agency.

....honestly I feel Felton will be fine and he wil last two years until Paul is available and we won't sign the team option for Felton's third year unless Paul resigns.