28 75.68%
  • Chandler

9 24.32%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chandler V Gallanari

Veteran

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Kiya, you know that post of yours is totally misleading, because where you grabbed it from, 13 of 15 responses favored Gallo.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Resorting to manipulating and spining only proves your arguments are weak and have basically conceded.

Thank u
    That is the point I am making.
    Alot of fans and members of so many different forums had so many excuses
    for not watching so many Knick Games last season, where they had to result
    in reading the Knicks stats after the game, asking questions about the game
    the next day in the forum, are the same members/fans that was quick to
    respond to this Gallo vs Chandler thread and vote Gallo over Chandler.
    Gallo first full season in the NBA was the season these same fans watch less
    Knick Basketball than the previous seasons.
    Its not hard to figure out

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Thank u
    That is the point I am making.
    Alot of fans and members of so many different forums had so many excuses
    for not watching so many Knick Games last season, where they had to result
    in reading the Knicks stats after the game, asking questions about the game
    the next day in the forum, are the same members/fans that was quick to
    respond to this Gallo vs Chandler thread and vote Gallo over Chandler.
    Gallo first full season in the NBA was the season these same fans watch less
    Knick Basketball than the previous seasons.
    Its not hard to figure out
    But, as always, it's so easy to assume isn't it.

Sorry Kiya, but if you're just going to make assumptions and believe them, then I'm gonna have to say - You're smarter than that. You know that's not how things work.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Gallo has a better skill set and more potential than Wilson however they are not that far apart Wilson can easily get in the gym and improve his shooting and handling and Gallo can work out in the gym and improve athleticism and defense.

I think all these threads are useless because its not like we are trading one for the other we should keep both and find minutes for both. Right now they are young impact player who can be groomed into great players (Gallo 3-4 allstars Wilson 1-2 allstars) We should build them up and not make threads putting them against each other because at the end of the day they are still Knicks.

Toney-Gallo-Wilson-Randolph
    is a great young core something we haven't had in a while we should be happy
    The question isn't whether or not Wilson can improve, it's more whether or not he actually wants to...

Veteran

All Chandler needs is to not worry about being lifted off of the roster like so many of his former team mates were, that alone can take away your desire. Gallo never had that feeling of being traded because Zeke didn't bring him here, plus he's the coach's pet. Wilson played hurt last year and still excell in many areas on the court...where as Gallo was stuck on the arch chucking up jumpshots. IMHO, if these two went one on one I'm sure Wilson will come out on top. But, since coach is trying to make a player out of Gallo and look out for his fam and an obvious fan base... Wilson will most likely get slighted...but, that's nothing new in this world. Wilson is way more versatile, and that weak Mix with Gallo clearly shows his weaknesses and how hard it was for the person to put together a highlite reel for the guy. Man, that must have been very time consuming, lol. nice try thou...

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    All Chandler needs is to not worry about being lifted off of the roster like so many of his former team mates were, that alone can take away your desire. Gallo never had that feeling of being traded because Zeke didn't bring him here, plus he's the coach's pet. Wilson played hurt last year and still excell in many areas on the court...where as Gallo was stuck on the arch chucking up jumpshots. IMHO, if these two went one on one I'm sure Wilson will come out on top. But, since coach is trying to make a player out of Gallo and look out for his fam and an obvious fan base... Wilson will most likely get slighted...but, that's nothing new in this world. Wilson is way more versatile, and that weak Mix with Gallo clearly shows his weaknesses and how hard it was for the person to put together a highlite reel for the guy. Man, that must have been very time consuming, lol. nice try thou...
    Where are the Chandler highlight reels?

The only one I have seen has only three plays shown at different angles. And it is obvious that he can only drive right. That is his only move.

Veteran

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Where are the Chandler highlight reels?

The only one I have seen has only three plays shown at different angles. And it is obvious that he can only drive right. That is his only move.
    If I had the time...better yet, the desire to find/make a highlite reel for Chandler, it would not only show him driving from various angles, but highlite the other intangebles that often go unnotice in the eyes of people who don't know how to actually play B-Ball. Besides, I've seen enough courtside games to know first hand what's real and what's being fabricated.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Chandlers has been injured as often as Randolph so if your going to throw out Randolph in the convo, then Chandlers has to go as well.

I see what your saying but if we are looking at those three guys it would be:
    Randolph
    Gallo
    Chandler

Randolph has impressed as much as any player has, he is just inconsistent, Gallo was with his shooting slump and Chandler is consistently bad or good.
    Randolph is not better than Gallo now nor will he ever be. Mark it down!

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Randolph is not better than Gallo now nor will he ever be. Mark it down!
    Gallo will never have the defensive skills of Randolph

Randolph is 100 times better on defense, blocking shots, has more athleticism, ball handling skills, higher vertical, i think he is an inch taller with a biger wingspan....the only thing Randolph needs is minutes and a jump shot.

Randolph could easily be the better all around all star.

Gallo could be the better offensive threat/ go-to-guy

Really it is Dirk(gallo) vs skinney Lebron with no shot or passing game(Randolph)

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Gallo will never have the defensive skills of Randolph

Randolph is 100 times better on defense, blocking shots, has more athleticism, ball handling skills, higher vertical, i think he is an inch taller with a biger wingspan....the only thing Randolph needs is minutes and a jump shot.

Randolph could easily be the better all around all star.

Gallo could be the better offensive threat/ go-to-guy

Really it is Dirk(gallo) vs skinney Lebron with no shot or passing game(Randolph)
    How can Randolph be an All-Star if he doesn't even have the remote possibility of being a go-to-guy???

And pls don't put that Nellie cast-off in the same sentence as Lebron.

Yes Dirk and Gallo are comparable. One can see the similarities in their games respectively-- but AR to Lebron... common, pls.

To me, AR has not shown in any way thus far in his career that he can be anywhere close to the level of the guy you're comparing him to.

Gallo to Dirk comparison is wrong he is more like Peja

Veteran

Gallo is actually most like Rashard Lewis, IMO, if we are going to pick just one player of recent times.

Rashard w better 3pt snipe ability and all around shooting (expect higher FG/3pt %'s) ; but less immediately competent in driving and slashing (though it's still a big part of Gallo's game and ability, and should be at least equally effective as Lewis' as Gallo develops.)

The Dirk comparison is interesting, too, but right now I think Rashard is most apt. And if he can fill into that with the additional talents and ability he has we should all be ecstatic.

gallo is more comparable to dirk imo....i see randolph compared to a young KG the kid.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    How can Randolph be an All-Star if he doesn't even have the remote possibility of being a go-to-guy???

And pls don't put that Nellie cast-off in the same sentence as Lebron.

Yes Dirk and Gallo are comparable. One can see the similarities in their games respectively-- but AR to Lebron... common, pls.

To me, AR has not shown in any way thus far in his career that he can be anywhere close to the level of the guy you're comparing him to.
    Anthony Randolph can easily be an allstar because if he started and broke out on year he would average about 3 blocks per game, over 1 to 2 steals, score 14-18 ppg, and have 10 rebounds...that is what he can average if he was consistent and was hitting his peek of potential....im sorry but that IS all star potential and would be the better all around player than just a pure scorer in Gallo.

Were Gallo could average like 23 ppg, with 6 rb, 1 block.....Randolph would have amazing numbers in most categories...like James. Gallo would be more consistent in one category, scoring.

Ronoranina, I am not saying Randolph is Lebron James, I am saying on TV watching him...he can act and/or play like James did in his early years when he had no jump shot in the way he can dominate both offensively driving to the hoop and soaring over people and then sprinting back and blocking the crap out of people...like James does consistently. Minus the amazing court vision and strength james has.

bump.........

We can all conclude that Gallinari falls into the same category as Michael Sweetney, Channing Frye, and Jordan Hill when it comes to the Knicks drafting players.What a waste of talent this guy has been so far!