Mozgov Mania (Mozgov interview Sept 6)

Toons

is the Bo$$
Timofey Mozgov: ?I want to play 10 to 15 minutes?September 6, 2010 @ 3:37 am by Jorge Sierra ? Filed under New York Knicks, Timofey Mozgov

Did you have offers from other NBA teams outside New York?

Timofey Mozgov: I had some offers from other teams, but (me and my agent) decided to take the best in our opinion.

Which were the other teams that made offers?

TM: I prefer just to talk about New York, not the other teams.

Why was the Knicks? offer the best?

TM: Because there?s a very good coach in New York and I like how New York plays.

Have you spoken with Mike D?Antoni?

TM: Yes. I went to dinner with him and he?s a good guy in my opinion. I don?t know how he?s going to be on the court, but he?s tough. He told me ?Please, don?t be lazy? and that if I work hard I will play for sure.

You?re expecting big minutes already in your rookie year?

TM: Yes, yes, yes. I want to play 10 to 15 minutes for sure. I don?t know what the coach?s decision is going to be, but I would like to play.

Are you excited to play in New York?

TM: It?s two sides. On one side, for sure I?m excited because New York is New York. It?s not a village. It?s a big city. On other side, it?s a big dirty city (laughs). So it?s two sides.

Do you feel you can get distracted in a city like New York?

TM: My girlfriend will help. She promised she will help me a lot.

Would you rather win a ring with the Knicks or a gold medal at the Worlds with Russia?

TM: It?s a difficult question because the NBA is the best league in the world. But here at the World Championship? I prefer both: the medal and the ring.

Read more: http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/si...-want-to-play-10-to-15-minutes/#ixzz0ylmgpNBM

Paul1355

All Star
Timofey Mozgov: ?I want to play 10 to 15 minutes?September 6, 2010 @ 3:37 am by Jorge Sierra ? Filed under New York Knicks, Timofey Mozgov

Did you have offers from other NBA teams outside New York?

Timofey Mozgov: I had some offers from other teams, but (me and my agent) decided to take the best in our opinion.

Which were the other teams that made offers?

TM: I prefer just to talk about New York, not the other teams.

Why was the Knicks? offer the best?

TM: Because there?s a very good coach in New York and I like how New York plays.

Have you spoken with Mike D?Antoni?

TM: Yes. I went to dinner with him and he?s a good guy in my opinion. I don?t know how he?s going to be on the court, but he?s tough. He told me ?Please, don?t be lazy? and that if I work hard I will play for sure.

You?re expecting big minutes already in your rookie year?

TM: Yes, yes, yes. I want to play 10 to 15 minutes for sure. I don?t know what the coach?s decision is going to be, but I would like to play.

Are you excited to play in New York?

TM: It?s two sides. On one side, for sure I?m excited because New York is New York. It?s not a village. It?s a big city. On other side, it?s a big dirty city (laughs). So it?s two sides.

Do you feel you can get distracted in a city like New York?

TM: My girlfriend will help. She promised she will help me a lot.

Would you rather win a ring with the Knicks or a gold medal at the Worlds with Russia?

TM: It?s a difficult question because the NBA is the best league in the world. But here at the World Championship? I prefer both: the medal and the ring.

Read more: http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/si...-want-to-play-10-to-15-minutes/#ixzz0ylmgpNBM
damn toons I was just about to post this right when I saw this...your fast lol

This proves Mike D likes Mozgov and will give him minutes from the start.....Mozgov's ability to do the pick and roll is what gives him favoritism.

Toons

is the Bo$$
This article should offically open the ''MOZGOVS' MINUTES'' conversation.
From reading the interview, i was impressed by how he deflected the comments about other teams who were interested in his services, I also like that he's straight forward and is a man of few words. I know mike didnt spend 9 mil on him to ride the pine. The last thing i want to have on my team is a disgruntled russian big just soaking up our funds.
Im looking forward to watching him play today.

I say T-Moz plays 15-20 mins.....just because he's that effective with the knicks starting lineup.

Cosign with the robin lopez post.

Toons

is the Bo$$
man im waiting on this game, and searching the net for mozgov news. Im really sold on this dude.
I t makes the work day go along quicker.

Paul1355

All Star
man im waiting on this game, and searching the net for mozgov news. Im really sold on this dude.
I t makes the work day go along quicker.
toons i wrote this in another thread but can you find me the exact link to the Russia game?

There are too many links and stuff I have to pass on channelsurfing.net

Toons

is the Bo$$
hes in the game, converted on an and one layup. Once he gets poition, he is hard to stop down low

Paul1355

All Star
saw the game...he was not as sharp as he was in otehr games....made some dumb fouls but overall was a B- because of how New Zealand coul not stop him in the post....but Mozgov did miss some easy shots..

I like his physical play.

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
hmmmmm,

they play the U.S. this week, anyone know what day and time????? it would be nice if my local cable company would carry it. I'd like to see him stop the front line of the United States. LOL, sorry but i don't take this as the Olympics. I'd might be going for the Rusky's anyway:). The Gov!!!!!

Paul1355

All Star
they play the U.S. this week, anyone know what day and time????? it would be nice if my local cable company would carry it. I'd like to see him stop the front line of the United States. LOL, sorry but i don't take this as the Olympics. I'd might be going for the Rusky's anyway:). The Gov!!!!!
It will be Thursday...not sure what time but it will be on the NBA Network

portega1968

El Cacique
14pts and 7boards for the Gov against New Zealand, nice!!!

Let's see how he plays against USA. I think we got a steal here. First year maybe average per game some 15mins, 8 points and a block.. that for me would be a good first year for a kid that has good upside.

The guy can play, that's for sure....
Pity Russia didn't have Khyriapa and AK47, but they are huge under the basket...
The Gov has some pretty good moves and for his size he's feet are fast.
It reminds me of the Admiral, of course with less post moves, but the dude is young, he's got way to develop, maybe not in an elite center, but in a solid rebounder and nasty pick setter.

Paul1355

All Star
The guy can play, that's for sure....
Pity Russia didn't have Khyriapa and AK47, but they are huge under the basket...
The Gov has some pretty good moves and for his size he's feet are fast.
It reminds me of the Admiral, of course with less post moves, but the dude is young, he's got way to develop, maybe not in an elite center, but in a solid rebounder and nasty pick setter.
the only problem is that they don't call the 3 in the key in FIBA....Mozgov just sits in the paint and doesn't move except his arms.....he will suffer do to frequent 3 in the key calls and moving screens which he always does.

He needs coaching to not get in foul trouble, but he has the size and athleticism which u cant teach

the only problem is that they don't call the 3 in the key in FIBA....Mozgov just sits in the paint and doesn't move except his arms.....he will suffer do to frequent 3 in the key calls and moving screens which he always does.

He needs coaching to not get in foul trouble, but he has the size and athleticism which u cant teach

You are right....he's got the half way between a modern center for the footwork and the pick and roll plays, and the old "Thachenko" russian center style to "sit" in the middle of the paint....
Hopefully though his pounds will give him a chance to battle for the spot with all the big guys....i am curious to see him against the bigshamrock:thumbsup:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We've all gotta remember that The Gov has outmatched his last 2 direct opponents. When Russia played Turkey, he wS actually outsized by their enormous center. Can't remember his name, but he was taller and heavier set than Moz Dog, and caused him some grief.

The real test will be Chandler. 2 inches taller with arms like waterslides and on par athleticism.

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
i think he is an important part of what they would to do this year... one thing that sticks out with him is he has quick feet and moves pretty good for is size. he is going to be setting more screens that a macy's revolving door. felton, stat, gallo all need a guy that can set the big screen out deep then pull the defense back in with a good back door move giving the shooter just that split to get a good look and let go. to pull if off a dude has to be big and quick... moz has the perfect size and athleticism for it. he is raw as all get out but his screens will be major for our shooters. go knicks