Thread: Stephen A Smith: Mello losing patience with Knicks, Knicks must get 3rd team involved

Hybrid View

Breaking News Stephen A Smith: Mello losing patience with Knicks, Knicks must get 3rd team involved

Someone asked Stephen A Smith

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] what r the chances of melo ..coming to ny ..do u think it will happen? [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] via [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Stephen a Smith responded by saying....

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Knicks must get a 3rd team involved. He's losing his patience with them. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] via [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Superstar

I'm fine waiting till next year where we'll have more options and a better idea of exactly what we need. We can't compete with most other teams due to a lack of draft picks.

If Melo really wants to come here, he can force it to happen or wait till his own free agency and sacrifice some income (which can be made up with all the marketing opportunities in nyc)

There is always CP3 and DWill to go after later if Felton doesn't step up.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by iJoe

There is always CP3 and DWill to go after later if Felton doesn't step up.
    Agree.. what the **** can the Knicks do? Blow up the entire roster for one player? Denver doesnt want to deal him to NY, plain and simple. Similar to Portland with Rudy. They just dont want to appear weak and give in to player demands.

If he cant be patient and wait for this to be done the right way, using his leverage to not sign an extension, then he can go elsewhere. You can just imagine us trading the house for him and then him getting hurt.. we'd be really ****ed.

Im perfectly fine with the Knicks holding on to Gallo, Randolph and Stat and getting an impact player next summer. Hopefully that will be Melo. If not, then it wasnt meant to be and we move on to greener pastures.

If this is true then he needs to relax and understand that this is not a simple feat. His team doesn't even want to deal with us so that's a major problem in itself. If its really that serious all he has to so is simply say "I'll only do an extend and trade with NY" Period.

dudes stop, this is the media as usual playing us as pawns, as well as pushing for more coverage and leverage to get the knicks to make a move, the miami threet is old news, and they need something new, so if they can pressure the knicks into trading for melo, it creates better stories therefore selling more magazines and more radio air time. The media does this with perfection.

By showing his impatience, he shows how important the new CBA is to him and therefore gives Denver more leverage. All Denver has to do now is wait for Melo to sweat and adjust his demands. If getting a new contract before the CBA is so important to Melo, Denver doesn't have to trade him to who he wants. But, if the new CBA doesn't bother Melo, then Denver loses leverage because the threat of losing their franchise player for nothing is a definite possibility.

Overall, I could care less about his demands though. F*** Melo if he's impatient with us. Forget him and let us move on with the players we have. Gutting the team is not worth it.

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Someone asked Stephen A Smith

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] what r the chances of melo ..coming to ny ..do u think it will happen? [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] via [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Stephen a Smith responded by saying....

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Knicks must get a 3rd team involved. He's losing his patience with them. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] via [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Look I would give Randolph or Gallo for Melo with Curry another decent player and some 2nd round picks....BUT If he is going to honestly become a baby about this and say we are taking too long, then I really don't care where the hell this guy goes.

We don't need guys like this on our team.

Which is the only reason why I could be hesitant with Rudy because of how he is handling his contract situation.

BUT no doubt having Rudy and Melo here would make us have a stellar lineup but most of this game is chemistry followed by confidence and without chemistry, your players lose confidence. And we can't dump everyone for Melo and Rudy.

SO with that in mind, let's just try to get a third team involved. We have to try and trade Wilson Chandler for a 1st round pick and then ship that pick to Portland to get Rudy. With Rudy we atleast can give up Gallo or Randolph and not worry about Melo possibly playing out of position at the 2.

Without Rudy, let's just put a good deal on the table for Melo. One of those "take it or leave it" deals. Gallo or Randolph with Curry, 2014 1st round pick, and two 2nd round picks.

According to Tommy Dee.....

as far as the Melo stuff. I get the feeling he knows Denver isn't dealing him now. Don't believe he's upset with the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] via web
    I can agree with that.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Look I would give Randolph or Gallo for Melo with Curry another decent player and some 2nd round picks....BUT If he is going to honestly become a baby about this and say we are taking too long, then I really don't care where the hell this guy goes.

We don't need guys like this on our team.

Which is the only reason why I could be hesitant with Rudy because of how he is handling his contract situation.

BUT no doubt having Rudy and Melo here would make us have a stellar lineup but most of this game is chemistry followed by confidence and without chemistry, your players lose confidence. And we can't dump everyone for Melo and Rudy.

SO with that in mind, let's just try to get a third team involved. We have to try and trade Wilson Chandler for a 1st round pick and then ship that pick to Portland to get Rudy. With Rudy we atleast can give up Gallo or Randolph and not worry about Melo possibly playing out of position at the 2.

Without Rudy, let's just put a good deal on the table for Melo. One of those "take it or leave it" deals. Gallo or Randolph with Curry, 2014 1st round pick, and two 2nd round picks.
    No disrespect, but I stopped reading this where I bolded.

Yea Paul's all gaga over Melo. I don't understand it either.

Paul, you really do not see how much you are over-valuing Melo.. He is not worth all of that.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Yea Paul's all gaga over Melo. I don't understand it either.

Paul, you really do not see how much you are over-valuing Melo.. He is not worth all of that.
    He is a top 10 player in the NBA and Gallo+Curry+1st round pick+maybe Walker...is nothing for a super star.

THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT HE WILL SIGN WITH US NEXT YEAR IN FREE AGENCY!

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    He is a top 10 player in the NBA and Gallo+Curry+1st round pick+maybe Walker...is nothing for a super star.

THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT HE WILL SIGN WITH US NEXT YEAR IN FREE AGENCY!
    Sorry dude but I would not give Gallo for Melo. You said you would and thas cool.

I would be shocked if Gallo is involved in any trade packages for Melo. You don't pick a player w his talent and potential 6th and then trade him for a player that may not end up even being better than him in the long run.

And no, Melo is not a top ten player, not in my book.

Originally Posted by Speak3asy
    No disrespect, but I stopped reading this where I bolded.
    What is a better team...

Felton
    Chandler
    Melo
    Amare
    Turiaf

OR

Felton
    Chandler
    Gallo
    Amare
    Turiaf

Tell me and be honest.

You have to understand that if the Bulls get him, we won't see a chamipnship for a LONG time....how could be beat a Heat or Bulls team with all the talent? And the Magic and Bucks etc.

We need another super star and Melo would put us over the hump to be a dominate team in the East right under the Heat.

I would hesitate to trade Gallo right away, but if he starts off this year throwing up bricks with bad shot selection and not being aggressive, then we should trade him. We don't need Andrea Bargani 2.0 who needs years to develope, we need results now.

We have a chance to get Melo.

Also understand this....if Chris Paul sees a team of Amare and Melo in NY, he will aboard the ship.

Now on the other hand, I think Gallo could be a great player, but it is all in his head. He mentally needs to act like the scoring go to guy and want to take over games like he did against the Nuggets when He and Melo did that scoring battle.

I would wait and see how Gallo starts off the season. And I think Randolph can be thebetter all around all star but he has been hurt in both years of his NBA career, so I would only trade him because of his injury past possibly creeping up again.

For now we wait and see. If Melo wants to come here, and we have a chance to get him for not tooo much, we should do it without thinking twice.

You NY fans have to stop hoping and praying that Gallo winds up to be Dirk over night, it might take him a couple more years, and we deserve results now.

If everyone clicks and starts to improve their growth quickly (Gallo, Randolph, Chandler, Douglas, Walker, Mozgov)...then we can have great team without Melo.

But Melo is the sure bet to be great right now in his prime. With Amare, Melo will always be open for buckets, something he doesn't usually have being the main man in Denver.