Stephen A Smith: Mello losing patience with Knicks, Knicks must get 3rd team involved

mafra

Legend
NO team will give up a more attractive offer than NY w/out an extension for MELO.

CHI is the lone exception.

They would deal Deng (and his 50 million), James Johnson and probably a 1st round pick. They wont toss in Gibson though. Rose-Noah-Gibson is the foundation.

NOW, is that more attractive than Chandler or Gallo, Walker, Jordan and 2 second rounders?

I think the NYK offer is better b/c DEN doesn't have to committ to DENG and his 50 million.

Melo has all the control. If he refuses to sign an extension with anyone but NYK, DEN's hands are tied. CHI would still offer up the aforementioned package so they could make a run at the title this year (Rose-Boozer-Melo-Noah-Gibson). They wont go that extra yeard tho (tossing in Taj).

Why would NYJ rent Melo for 1 year? Same with Clippers? Or HOU?

Of course, if Melo agrees to sign an extension.... all bets are off.

I think the price would drop at the trade deadline.... not go up. NO TEAM would be willing to dump talent at that point. A contedning team might have assets to jettison at the time.... but who knows. Maybe Chandler or Gallo is playing well, and since they're cheap.... They are more valuable.

I think WITHOUT an extentions, DEN would get more value now.... So that team renting his services get a full year out of him.

Seriously, we know which teams will be "going for it" come Feb.... ORL, OKC, POR.... teams like that. Which one of them is giving up real talent to bring Melo in for 3 months?

this is the worst thread I have seen in years

lets do this or that or this is going to happen or we should do this or that

the media has you brain washed

Stop falling for it.

close thread.

portega1968

El Cacique
ESPN reporting that Bulls may offer Noah instead of Deng because Denver is not interested in taking on the Luol's contract.

Desperate move by Chicago; good centers are not that easy to find these days and giving up Noah could turn out to be as bad as when they gave up Oakley, even if it is for Carmelo.

ESPN reporting that Bulls may offer Noah instead of Deng because Denver is not interested in taking on the Luol's contract.

Desperate move by Chicago; good centers are not that easy to find these days and giving up Noah could turn out to be as bad as when they gave up Oakley, even if it is for Carmelo.
i doubt they would do that. They dont want to give up noah as much as we dont want to give up Gallo. thats a HUGE building block for there future that they would be giving up.

PG: Rose
SG: Brewer
SF: Deng
PF: Boozer
C: Noah

Thats a possible Championship line up already.

And I dont blame the Bulls, who thew hell want Loul Dengs contract? Why dont thety just trade Melo to the hornets for friggin Emeka Okafor!

moneyg

Starter
im assuming kurt thomas would be the starting center if the bull traded noah.. wow.. and the backup pf if taj is included too...it sounds like a bunch of bs.....they would have to first get a third team involved because the salaries dont match..or wait to dec 15th and include kyle korver.. but still no bigs left other than bozer and dirty kurty:smokin:

Paul1355

All Star
Not really if you factor in the case of this past summer of free agency. If these players "demand" a trade do these teams really want to deal with disgruntled stars? They might be forced to make a Pau Gasol type deal. It's not like both teams weren't compensated, when you deal an NBA star you might not always get similar pieces in return. That's the business side of the league, teams have to cut their losses.

And just for good measure here's a 3 team deal. Gives the Nuggets cap relief and rid of JR Smith, the Knicks get Melo, and Toronto gets some more relief (while keeping their TPE)

New York Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +8.2 ppg, -1.2 rpg, and +0.7 apg.

<table class="breakdowntable" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <th colspan="2" scope="col">Incoming Players</th> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
no_photo.jpg
</td> <td> Solomon Alabi
7-1 from Florida State
No games yet played in 2009-2010 </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
</td> <td> Carmelo Anthony
6-8 SF from Syracuse
28.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.2 apg in 38.2 minutes </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="breakdowntable" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <th colspan="2" scope="col">Outgoing Players</th> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
</td> <td> Eddy Curry
6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)
3.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 8.9 minutes</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
Chandler_Wilson_nyk.jpg
</td> <td class="even"> Wilson Chandler
6-8 SF from DePaul
15.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 35.7 minutes</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
Walker_Bill_bos.jpg
</td> <td> Bill Walker
6-6 SF from Kansas State
1.0 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.4 apg in 3.7 minutes</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
no_photo.jpg
</td> <td class="even"> Andy Rautins
6-4 from Syracuse
No games yet played in 2009-2010</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Toronto Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +8.1 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and +1.4 apg.

<table class="breakdowntable" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <th colspan="2" scope="col">Incoming Players</th> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
no_photo.jpg
</td> <td class="even"> Andy Rautins
6-4 from Syracuse
No games yet played in 2009-2010 </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
Smith_JR_den.jpg
</td> <td class="even"> J.R. Smith
6-6 SG from St. Benedict's Prep (HS)
15.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.4 apg in 27.7 minutes </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
Balkman_Renaldo_den.jpg
</td> <td> Renaldo Balkman
6-7 SF from South Carolina
1.1 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.5 apg in 7.0 minutes </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="breakdowntable" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <th colspan="2" scope="col">Outgoing Players</th> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
Evans_Reggie_tor.jpg
</td> <td> Reggie Evans
6-8 PF from Iowa
3.4 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 0.3 apg in 11.1 minutes</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
Banks_Marcus_tor.jpg
</td> <td class="even"> Marcus Banks
6-2 PG from UNLV
5.0 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 11.1 minutes</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
no_photo.jpg
</td> <td> Solomon Alabi
7-1 from Florida State
No games yet played in 2009-2010</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Denver Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -16.3 ppg, +1.2 rpg, and -2.1 apg.

Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
</td> <td> Eddy Curry
6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)
3.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 8.9 minutes </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
Chandler_Wilson_nyk.jpg
</td> <td class="even"> Wilson Chandler
6-8 SF from DePaul
15.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 35.7 minutes </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
Walker_Bill_bos.jpg
</td> <td> Bill Walker
6-6 SF from Kansas State
1.0 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.4 apg in 3.7 minutes </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
Evans_Reggie_tor.jpg
</td> <td> Reggie Evans
6-8 PF from Iowa
3.4 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 0.3 apg in 11.1 minutes </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
Banks_Marcus_tor.jpg
</td> <td class="even"> Marcus Banks
6-2 PG from UNLV
5.0 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 11.1 minutes </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="breakdowntable" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <th colspan="2" scope="col">Outgoing Players</th> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
</td> <td> Carmelo Anthony
6-8 SF from Syracuse
28.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.2 apg in 38.2 minutes</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
Smith_JR_den.jpg
</td> <td class="even"> J.R. Smith
6-6 SG from St. Benedict's Prep (HS)
15.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.4 apg in 27.7 minutes</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="photo">
Balkman_Renaldo_den.jpg
</td> <td> Renaldo Balkman
6-7 SF from South Carolina
1.1 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.5 apg in 7.0 minutes</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/4/#ixzz0z0wB4vaj
LEVE OUT BALKMAN...he is a bumb and sucked as a Knick, I would play Landry Fields as a starter before giving Balkman minutes as a Knick.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Look I would give Randolph or Gallo for Melo with Curry another decent player and some 2nd round picks....BUT If he is going to honestly become a baby about this and say we are taking too long, then I really don't care where the hell this guy goes.

We don't need guys like this on our team.

Which is the only reason why I could be hesitant with Rudy because of how he is handling his contract situation.

BUT no doubt having Rudy and Melo here would make us have a stellar lineup but most of this game is chemistry followed by confidence and without chemistry, your players lose confidence. And we can't dump everyone for Melo and Rudy.

SO with that in mind, let's just try to get a third team involved. We have to try and trade Wilson Chandler for a 1st round pick and then ship that pick to Portland to get Rudy. With Rudy we atleast can give up Gallo or Randolph and not worry about Melo possibly playing out of position at the 2.

Without Rudy, let's just put a good deal on the table for Melo. One of those "take it or leave it" deals. Gallo or Randolph with Curry, 2014 1st round pick, and two 2nd round picks.

No disrespect, but I stopped reading this where I bolded.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Yea Paul's all gaga over Melo. I don't understand it either.

Paul, you really do not see how much you are over-valuing Melo.. He is not worth all of that.

Paul1355

All Star
No disrespect, but I stopped reading this where I bolded.
What is a better team...

Felton
Chandler
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

OR

Felton
Chandler
Gallo
Amare
Turiaf

Tell me and be honest.

You have to understand that if the Bulls get him, we won't see a chamipnship for a LONG time....how could be beat a Heat or Bulls team with all the talent? And the Magic and Bucks etc.

We need another super star and Melo would put us over the hump to be a dominate team in the East right under the Heat.

I would hesitate to trade Gallo right away, but if he starts off this year throwing up bricks with bad shot selection and not being aggressive, then we should trade him. We don't need Andrea Bargani 2.0 who needs years to develope, we need results now.

We have a chance to get Melo.

Also understand this....if Chris Paul sees a team of Amare and Melo in NY, he will aboard the ship.

Now on the other hand, I think Gallo could be a great player, but it is all in his head. He mentally needs to act like the scoring go to guy and want to take over games like he did against the Nuggets when He and Melo did that scoring battle.

I would wait and see how Gallo starts off the season. And I think Randolph can be thebetter all around all star but he has been hurt in both years of his NBA career, so I would only trade him because of his injury past possibly creeping up again.

For now we wait and see. If Melo wants to come here, and we have a chance to get him for not tooo much, we should do it without thinking twice.

You NY fans have to stop hoping and praying that Gallo winds up to be Dirk over night, it might take him a couple more years, and we deserve results now.

If everyone clicks and starts to improve their growth quickly (Gallo, Randolph, Chandler, Douglas, Walker, Mozgov)...then we can have great team without Melo.

But Melo is the sure bet to be great right now in his prime. With Amare, Melo will always be open for buckets, something he doesn't usually have being the main man in Denver.

Paul1355

All Star
Yea Paul's all gaga over Melo. I don't understand it either.

Paul, you really do not see how much you are over-valuing Melo.. He is not worth all of that.
He is a top 10 player in the NBA and Gallo+Curry+1st round pick+maybe Walker...is nothing for a super star.

THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT HE WILL SIGN WITH US NEXT YEAR IN FREE AGENCY!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
He is a top 10 player in the NBA and Gallo+Curry+1st round pick+maybe Walker...is nothing for a super star.

THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT HE WILL SIGN WITH US NEXT YEAR IN FREE AGENCY!

Sorry dude but I would not give Gallo for Melo. You said you would and thas cool.

I would be shocked if Gallo is involved in any trade packages for Melo. You don't pick a player w his talent and potential 6th and then trade him for a player that may not end up even being better than him in the long run.

And no, Melo is not a top ten player, not in my book.

iSaYughh

Starter
Lmao. Dont trade a player who happened to go #6 (like that even means much of anything, if anything it's a negative; not as if it was some loaded class and we had to make the life altering choice between Oden or Durant).

Because....ANTHONY...ANTHONY....might not be the one who is better than HIM (some day).

So much fail in that post.

I guess you fully expect Gallo to soon be replicating seasons tantamount or greater than the game and numbers Anthony (26yr) has been pounding onto the league.

I've been a huge Gallo fan and believer, but it's just rank to not essentially be willing to think a Gallo for Melo deal is good. I'd throw in 2 1sts instead of Gallo + Chandler or Walker etc, but if it comes down to it, and it's basically Gallo for Melo you do it.

Felton-Duglas
Walker-Azzy-Mason
Melo-Chandler
STAT-Turiaf
Randolph-Mozel-Jordan

That's a team you win with now, get better with, and can dominate with real soon.

Deep, young, balanced, super athletic, versatile, and loaded with some premier talent.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
If Melo really wants to be in NY and we can't get him a deal this year then he will wait till next year when we can. Giving up Gallo is silly to me because he can play 4 different positions and it gives us options. Melo is a future hall of famer, but he is limited to where he can play and his game isn't that fully well rounded. I think Gallo can improve his weak side defense and get 1.5 blocks a game down the road if he isn't close to it already.

We would be giving up too much for a guy who can be in NY next year with little to no issue. If Melo wants to go to Chicago just to get around the CBA thing then let him.

Too many times we have tried to hit the home run with the F.A. market and it has failed horriblely. I like the team we have because it is something that can be built on for future succes. If we get Melo it makes us better, but we still won't win a championship because Kobe is balling in his prime and his team is 20 times better. Also we lose a massive piece in our team who is a good to great outside shooter and also we lose height.

Lets just be patient with this and let things cooldown and get to next year. That is what I would do, but with this organization and some fans need to get to the top right now the pressure is surely square on the shoulders of management to get a deal done ala LBJ.