Tony D working hard

Toons

is the Bo$$
ny post article, didnt c it reposted here, this is a piece of it.

The coaching staff will tell you nobody has worked harder than Douglas this offseason. The second-year Florida State product has done two-a-days at their Westchester compound since the beginning of May -- save for a two-week break in July.

Douglas, the Knicks' most tenacious defender, said one of the reasons he has worked so hard is he wants to be a leader this season. There were none during last season's 29-53 campaign.

"I had an OK rookie year, but this year I want to be more vocal and be one of the leaders on the court," Douglas said. "At the same time, you can't be a leader if you don't hold up your end of the bargain. If people are slacking, I'll tell them. If I'm slacking, I want them to tell me."

Douglas is now working out with Danilo Gallinari, who spent almost all of the offseason in Italy, Wilson Chandler, Amar'e Stoudemire, Anthony Randolph and Rony Turiaf.

According to Douglas, newcomer Kelanna Azubuike is not yet working at Westchester and still is doing offcourt rehab after missing most of last season with a torn tendon in his left knee. It's looking more doubtful the shooting guard will be 100 percent when training camp opens on Sept. 25.

After Labor Day, Douglas said he expects to be joined by more teammates so they can begin scrimmaging.

"We're just building relationships now," Douglas said. "It's almost a totally new team. I've been working on the pick and roll with Amar'e. So there'll be a better bond when training camp starts."

The free-agent signing of Roger Mason did not upset Douglas, though Mason is very similar as a combo guard and could steal minutes. If anything, Mason's addition gives the Knicks more depth if they have to put Douglas in a package for Carmelo Anthony, Tony Parker or Chris Paul.

"I wasn't surprised," Douglas said. "I'm just getting ready get this whole summer with two a days, so I'm going to be ready."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...playoffs_K2Sdfp95mo01IxA1bKTzUJ#ixzz0z2LWguZK

Toons

is the Bo$$
I would like to see douglas and felton fighting (in a productive way) for minutes on the floor. A bit of inhouse competition can be good for a team.

I would like to see douglas and felton fighting (in a productive way) for minutes on the floor. A bit of inhouse competition can be good for a team.
I would rather see Douglas being mentored by Felton and becoming such a good PG that by the time Felton's contract expires, Douglas will be good enough to take over.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I like that he's working hard. In a recent interview with Turiaf, he was raving about how hard Douglas worked and how good he will be. Turiaf believes Douglas will surprise a lot of people this year.

One thing that bothers me. How come Felton is not practicing the pick-and-roll with Amare? How come we never hear about Felton working out and developing chemistry with everybody? If there is anybody on this roster that needs to develop chemistry, it's Felton. He will make or break this season.

Kiyaman

Legend
I mention it at the start of last season, "Douglas was the steal of the draft".
I also mention at the signing of Felton, "Douglas will take Felton's starting
minutes". Douglas energy will not sit back like Augustine did on the Bobcats.

Toney Douglas has been our player to playup to the same competition
he is faced against in our oponents, if not on offense then he will on
defense. He will get better to improve his talent every season in the league.
:thumbsup::gony: :thumbsup:

Paul1355

All Star
Watch Douglas become so good in 2 years that we let Felton go and make Douglas our starter.....some people see his peek as being a type of Rajon Rondo on defense with a better shot.

Hey if that is possible then let Toney D be the backup and gain the expereince.

He is the perfect back up PG. Great on defense, extremely fast, good shot, hard worker, listens to advice from others, respects authority, has potential.

Yeah im a big fan of Tony Douglas because i think he has and think from watching the games potential skills, intangilibles, accountability I.Q. and unselfishness to contribute to a winning team. I think tony Douglas hardwork and being a gym rat will greatly help him improve and be a valuable player and make him seem as if he really is the steal of the draft that no one thought of. I just like the way he handles the game like being unselfish and doing his best. I like the way he works hard and plays on defense as itmentions that he is a tenacious defender. Its really good and refreshing to hear that Tony D is guiding and working with his teammates in becoming better and i really think its shows his character in which he only entering his young second year of the NBA. I thnink him trying to get better and working hard like in defense will ultimatly contribute to helpful plays. So, I think he will be a valuable player contributing to our team in winning and I think he will surprise alot of teams. :cool::peace:

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
derrick rose

i think he is better than rose. we have a winner, he has a much better shot than rose. Walsh needed an insurance policy and got Felton for two yrs, good move. Tony will take a lot of minutes away as the season progresses. :) inho

Paul1355

All Star
i think he is better than rose. we have a winner, he has a much better shot than rose. Walsh needed an insurance policy and got Felton for two yrs, good move. Tony will take a lot of minutes away as the season progresses. :) inho
better than Rose?

Is that a Knick bias? lol

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Let's not kid ourselves - TD is good, but he's no Derrick Rose.

But, I do believe he can be a quality starting PG at the NBA level. I think he'll probably be a less-quick better-shooting stronger but less athletic version of Rajon Rondo.

I mean he's got Rondo's ability on the defensive end of the floor, there's no doubt about that.

But I think Douglas can space the floor out better than Rondo since he's got a much better shot. He won't be able to drive to the basket and draw fouls or blow by defenders nearly as quickly, but he'll shoot over them. Rondo's shooting is poor to the point where one can't really even count on him to hit an open 3 - with Douglas, on the other hand...

Paul1355

All Star
Let's not kid ourselves - TD is good, but he's no Derrick Rose.

But, I do believe he can be a quality starting PG at the NBA level. I think he'll probably be a less-quick better-shooting stronger but less athletic version of Rajon Rondo.

I mean he's got Rondo's ability on the defensive end of the floor, there's no doubt about that.

But I think Douglas can space the floor out better than Rondo since he's got a much better shot. He won't be able to drive to the basket and draw fouls or blow by defenders nearly as quickly, but he'll shoot over them. Rondo's shooting is poor to the point where one can't really even count on him to hit an open 3 - with Douglas, on the other hand...
Douglas is faster than Rondo...but he will never have Rondo's court vision

Toons

is the Bo$$
Douglas is faster than Rondo...but he will never have Rondo's court vision

i agree, he is faster than rondo, but rondo has freakishly long arms and hughe hands....dude is wierd but built for basketball.
i wont say never....douglas never had anyone to pass the ball to that can consistently score the bucket.

rose still better than tony hands down lol no question

After the last few years of being crappy at the PG position, I'am confident that Felton and Douglas will play really well for the Knicks. I even think Rautins is a sleeper, but I'm not sure if he will be used in a upcoming trade.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Love Toney D's passion and work ethic.

Idk if he can be a starter tho. Felt's got that on lock.

I think on this team he's more of a Barbosa type w better D.

He could be a 6 man of the year or something like that.