Koran Burning

I know, by now, we've all heard about Pastor Jones and his Church planning to burn Koran's for Sept 11.

Just gonna say, this is a pretty big deal, because this is never going away now. If they do this, it will drastically change the world. Especially on the heels of the Imam basically saying there will be repercussions if the Mosque is not built. They are going to proceed with that. Then what's next?

Babylon the great is on the way out!

Discuss!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think the pastor is a d-bag xenophobe who is obviously condemning an entire religion because of a small minority of radical fruitcakes. It's radical vs. radical at this point and he happens to live in a country that protects his right to be an outlandish ahole.

P.S. I wonder if he realizes that Christianity has a long history of crazy radicals too. Tim Mcveigh, The Inquisition and the Crusades no more represent Christianity as AL Queda or 911 represents all Muslims.

I think it's deeer than that, Tril. This pastor is not alone. I get the feeling people are starting to feel like the radical muslims will turn up here now. And this particular Christian sect is is just acting on what they feel. Others were with thek, just got cold feet. This is not going away.

Just a reminder: Jehovah's witnesses have been preaching that Babylon the great is indeed the entire entity of false relgion for decades. And that Jehovah will put into the hearts of the world leaders to dispose of it for him (since he says false religion is the cause of all bloodshed)

Honestly, with the events taking place, who really doubts that the appetite is not already there? Don't be surprised to look up one day and religion be gone.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
this guy is making a good choice by not having this burning, the reaction it will cause will not be good, there will be violence and it will have not be safe for our troops as people will unfairly take this out on them.

i would like to say that i am a muslim but im a muslim-egyptian AMERICAN. ive lived here almost all my life and intend to raise a family here. and honestly all these ignorant people saying that islam is the religion of the devil really offend me, the people who caused 9/11 are all going to hell even though they claim to be muslim and pray 5 times a day( as is required of a muslim ) islam does not condemn this violence on innocent people or anytime outside of war, even in war it says do not attack, attack only when you have too if the person isnt trying to harm you you shouldnt harm him.

but because i love this country that is why i say this so called reverend should not have this quran burning even if he manages to burn all copies we have millions of people who memorized it by heart so they wont be "getting rid" of it. this is a religion people and the constitution defends that freedom of religion. i will be among those outraged if this were to happen but i greatly feel that muslims as a whole are misunderstood they support nothing but violence and any "muslim" who thinks violence or the attakcs of 9/11 to be ok in the eyes of Allah are delusional and dont even know their own religion.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, i really don't understand what this guy want to prove with this. That he hates muslims? Fine, go ahead and hate them, but don't pose into the good christian when your whole religion is based on love. It makes no sense.

Second of all how the hell did this story got so much attention? And why did the media wrote so much about it? Just ignore fools like these, you don't want to give any power to such characters.

Aint religion grand? SMH.
This whole thing sucks. I'm just glad to know God's people have nothin to do with it.

That said, these events have done nothing but strengthen my faith in the Bible. If you cannot see that these radicals will force the hand of governments to ban religion, you must have closed ur eyes shut to an eventual reality.

Jehovah never lies.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
This whole thing sucks. I'm just glad to know God's people have nothin to do with it.

That said, these events have done nothing but strengthen my faith in the Bible. If you cannot see that these radicals will force the hand of governments to ban religion, you must have closed ur eyes shut to an eventual reality.

Jehovah never lies.

Jehovah can't lie since he has never spoken and does not exist...

Jehovah can't lie since he has never spoken and does not exist...
He does not speak to those who shut their eyes and ears tightly, and ignore truths in front of them. Sorry if you're one of them.

But I will ask you this, the same way I asked LJ... When they eventually ban false religion, (coming really soon to your front porch) Will you then admit that there is a Jehovah?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
He does not speak to those who shut their eyes and ears tightly, and ignore truths in front of them. Sorry if you're one of them.

But I will ask you this, the same way I asked LJ... When they eventually ban false religion, (coming really soon to your front porch) Will you then admit that there is a Jehovah?

No, I will admit that our government overstepped it's bounds and needs to be overthrown. While I don't believe in organized religion I do believe you and anyone else should have the right to worship as you you see fit provided that worship does not infringe upon anyone's liberty.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

How about when this doesn't happen (because it won't, not in our lifetimes), will you admit you're wrong?

No, I will admit that our government overstepped it's bounds and needs to be overthrown. While I don't believe in organized religion I do believe you and anyone else should have the right to worship as you you see fit provided that worship does not infringe upon anyone's liberty.

But see, there in lies the problem. You have shut your senses to being wrong about God. You ask for prophecy, and on of the biggest is the end of false religion, by which the U.N. will finally be given the power it actually thinks it wields already, will put an end to False religion.

All a reasonable person would have to do is look around. The governments of the world as a whole dislike religion. They DEAL with it, they do not like it. The more guys like Jones pop up, like the Imam who as a waiter 2 years ago, now heading a 10 mil Mosque building project (How??) and start controversies, the more people will protest, which will lead to violence and death. The Gov will see the ban as a relief! The appetite is already there!!

If it was not such a big deal, would anyone give a damn about Jones?? No! It's a big deal because of what will happen here and around the world.

Let them build that Mosque and a bomb go off.
Let this fool burn Qurans with the world waching.

U will have civil unrest.

By the way Tril, I have not resonded to your prophecy request cuz im using my cell to post lol. When I get my laptop back. I will address that for ya.

Paul1355

All Star
I know, by now, we've all heard about Pastor Jones and his Church planning to burn Koran's for Sept 11.

Just gonna say, this is a pretty big deal, because this is never going away now. If they do this, it will drastically change the world. Especially on the heels of the Imam basically saying there will be repercussions if the Mosque is not built. They are going to proceed with that. Then what's next?

Babylon the great is on the way out!

Discuss!
Burning the Koran will spark war.

Christ would not burn the Koran. It is a book against scripture and it does view Christ as only a prophet and even has mis translations of Christ so as a heathen book about Christ, yes it might anger some Christians.

But to burn a book is an act of force and war. This is like the Crusades all over again.

Both sides during the crusades never truly follwoed their written words. They went to war for their own selfish desires.

This pastor burning a Koran is going about the wrong way.

We are taught in scriputre to love everyone, even our enemies and if he sees Islam as the enemy then he should preach to them with love. And IF THEY persecute (radical Islam) then you accept it and preach the word through persecution, not fighting back and acting just like them.

Calvin, Luther, and Augustine did not burn Catholic texts, they just argued against it. The Catholic church essentially murdered all of the reformers they could.

Christians are not taught to act like this pastor is doing.

Now building a mosque on the World Trade Center is completely wrong and stupid. There is so many tension amongst the views of Islam from radical Islam that if you honestly build a mosque it is an insult to the people who died on that day.

This is a PR disaster that can lead to possible revolts.

This is like blowing up a mosque and building a church right over with everyone in the town still being Muslim, it is forced religion.

Building a mosque should be stopped at all costs. And this pastor should learn the Word of God instead of doing what he feels is right.

Too many fools in this world.

How about when this doesn't happen (because it won't, not in our lifetimes), will you admit you're wrong?

You've alread lost. It's already underway. You however won't recognize it til it is fully done. Good thing God warns his people of what to look for.

Has Sciece warned you?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You've alread lost. It's already underway. You however won't recognize it til it is fully done. Good thing God warns his people of what to look for.

Has Sciece warned you?

I'll ask again, if it doesn't happen will you admit you were wrong?

I believe in our last debate, you said the world was definitely going to end within the next 10 years. That was about 9 months ago (I have it marked on my calender and I will remind you every year for the next 10 years).

So, in 9 years and 3 months, if the world has not ended, will you admit you were wrong?

It's a simple answer. Yes or No. Not, "it's already happening, etc, etc".

How much longer do you think before we will ban religion? 5 years?

If it hasn't happened in that time frame, will you admit you were wrong? Again, it's a simple answer. Yes or No.

I'll ask again, if it doesn't happen will you admit you were wrong?

I believe in our last debate, you said the world was definitely going to end within the next 10 years. That was about 9 months ago (I have it marked on my calender and I will remind you every year for the next 10 years).

So, in 9 years and 3 months, if the world has not ended, will you admit you were wrong?

It's a simple answer. Yes or No. Not, "it's already happening, etc, etc".

How much longer do you think before we will ban religion? 5 years?

If it hasn't happened in that time frame, will you admit you were wrong? Again, it's a simple answer. Yes or No.

First of all, I'm positive I never said I'm SURE the world would end in ten years. I am also positive I said I highly doubt this system has 10 years. And I still don't. Honestly it's hard for me to see 5!! But know one knows the hr. But the signs are more glaring than ever.

I will give you this. If this system is around in ten years, I will be utterly shocked, but not dismayed at my faith. No if we're here say 15-20.... Issue. You said when it's 50 years from now and I'll have raised my kids, yadda yadda, what then. Well 50 years from now, If Im alive, I'll be 81, but in the body of a 20 year old(according to scripture)

My point is, this is happening. There is very good reason for a Jehovah's witness to feel this world is dying at a very rapid pace. They look at the world differently than ayone else. We're paying attn to things everyone else is not. And it's goin down. If we're talkin in ten, you will most likely have become a Jehovah's witness ;)

I have a question tho.

Scientist wants to prove God does not exist. Scientist uses lightning and amino acids to prove that's how life began.

If lightning and amino acids is how we came about, what role does th scientist play?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Burning the Koran will spark war.

Christ would not burn the Koran. It is a book against scripture and it does view Christ as only a prophet and even has mis translations of Christ so as a heathen book about Christ, yes it might anger some Christians.

But to burn a book is an act of force and war. This is like the Crusades all over again.

Both sides during the crusades never truly follwoed their written words. They went to war for their own selfish desires.

This pastor burning a Koran is going about the wrong way.

We are taught in scriputre to love everyone, even our enemies and if he sees Islam as the enemy then he should preach to them with love. And IF THEY persecute (radical Islam) then you accept it and preach the word through persecution, not fighting back and acting just like them.

Calvin, Luther, and Augustine did not burn Catholic texts, they just argued against it. The Catholic church essentially murdered all of the reformers they could.

Christians are not taught to act like this pastor is doing.

Now building a mosque on the World Trade Center is completely wrong and stupid. There is so many tension amongst the views of Islam from radical Islam that if you honestly build a mosque it is an insult to the people who died on that day.

This is a PR disaster that can lead to possible revolts.

This is like blowing up a mosque and building a church right over with everyone in the town still being Muslim, it is forced religion.

Building a mosque should be stopped at all costs. And this pastor should learn the Word of God instead of doing what he feels is right.

Too many fools in this world.

paul i disagree with some of your points especially on building the mosque at the WTC site. cause first of all it just happened to be a couple of blocks away and is in no way related to the attacks on 9/11, and to interfere with ones right to worship is unconstitutional and to stereotype against all muslims just because of some retard( who will burn in hell, for what he's responsible of causing is in no way condemned in islam ). by not letting us build this mosque you pretty much going against the constitution. people need to wake up and smell the coffee if people would read about islam instead of just agreeing with that the media says, then people will see that islam is a religion of peace, and is very anti war. the attackers of 9/11 will burn in hell in the eyes of islam that was wrong and in no why "accepted" in islam

Paul1355

All Star
paul i disagree with some of your points especially on building the mosque at the WTC site. cause first of all it just happened to be a couple of blocks away and is in no way related to the attacks on 9/11, and to interfere with ones right to worship is unconstitutional and to stereotype against all muslims just because of some retard( who will burn in hell, for what he's responsible of causing is in no way condemned in islam ). by not letting us build this mosque you pretty much going against the constitution. people need to wake up and smell the coffee if people would read about islam instead of just agreeing with that the media says, then people will see that islam is a religion of peace, and is very anti war. the attackers of 9/11 will burn in hell in the eyes of islam that was wrong and in no why "accepted" in islam
If it is not right on the site, then it doesn't matter but the News has been making out to seem like they are going to put a mosque right were the WTC was at, if this is so then it can't happen. I am not saying it should not happen because radical muslims are sometimes terrorist, I am saying it because it is a disastrous PR move.

Many people in America are racists towards Muslims because of 9/11 and the event happened in NY so building a mosque on the site is not smart, away from the site is fine.

I am just saying as a whole, there would be retaliation to this. I wouldn't be the ones yelling but it will look bad and could be worse if it happened.

And yes both the terrorist and the pastor are prob going to burn in hell.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
First of all, I'm positive I never said I'm SURE the world would end in ten years. I am also positive I said I highly doubt this system has 10 years. And I still don't. Honestly it's hard for me to see 5!! But know one knows the hr. But the signs are more glaring than ever.

I will give you this. If this system is around in ten years, I will be utterly shocked, but not dismayed at my faith. No if we're here say 15-20.... Issue. You said when it's 50 years from now and I'll have raised my kids, yadda yadda, what then. Well 50 years from now, If Im alive, I'll be 81, but in the body of a 20 year old(according to scripture)

My point is, this is happening. There is very good reason for a Jehovah's witness to feel this world is dying at a very rapid pace. They look at the world differently than ayone else. We're paying attn to things everyone else is not. And it's goin down. If we're talkin in ten, you will most likely have become a Jehovah's witness ;)

I have a question tho.

Scientist wants to prove God does not exist. Scientist uses lightning and amino acids to prove that's how life began.

If lightning and amino acids is how we came about, what role does th scientist play?

The answer I exepected. 10 years will go by and you'll still be saying "look at all the signs, the world is ending soon". Then another 10 years will pass and you'll say the same thing. Then another 10 years will pass and you'll say the same thing. And another, and another, until your're 81 and have wasted your life. Sadly only then maybe you'll see. Just rememer these debates then. So when you're old and close to dying, will you then admit you're wrong?

Someone needs to hold you people accountable. You can't keep sayng the world is going to end and not be held accountable.

Christians have been saying the world is going to end for several hundred years. Always pointing to the signs. But religious strife has been occurring since the dawn of civilization. Same with war, death, disease, etc, etc. And in greater numbers than now.

The Dark Ages were much, much worse. Hundreds of millions of people died from the black plague alone. Almost 75% of the European population died. Per capita, many, many more people died from disease, war, famine, religion, etc,. But religious people said it was the end of the world then too. No different than now.

And to answer your question. The water represents the water. The electric pulse represents lightning. Simple. Do I really need to explain how lightning occurs? That should be elementary. Are you suggesting lightning has never struck the ocean?

A quick question for you: Why are dinosaurs not mentioned in the bible?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
If it is not right on the site, then it doesn't matter but the News has been making out to seem like they are going to put a mosque right were the WTC was at, if this is so then it can't happen. I am not saying it should not happen because radical muslims are sometimes terrorist, I am saying it because it is a disastrous PR move.

Many people in America are racists towards Muslims because of 9/11 and the event happened in NY so building a mosque on the site is not smart, away from the site is fine.

I am just saying as a whole, there would be retaliation to this. I wouldn't be the ones yelling but it will look bad and could be worse if it happened.

And yes both the terrorist and the pastor are prob going to burn in hell.

its 2 blocks away and is unrelated to the WTC, it just so happens to be near the WTC. and if this happens you'll see a lot of people starting to get in-between the building of religious places and such; and for all the wrong reasons. my view is if they passed the legal hurdles there is to buying a building then whos to interfere with what they want to build there? its a freedom of religion thats being exercised.

and what really aggravates me is that the american public listen to the media and thats it instantly think that islam is all about death and it supports terrorism, and in actuality its the complete opposite. its sad to say that the american public is retarded. ( not saying your one of them paul, just wanted to clarify that loll ) smart people would do their research and read on islam and see its a peaceful religion. people like pastor jones piss me off to an extent where i want to crack them in the face.

and as far as those terrorists and jones go i agree with you. i hope those terrorists and bi-laden and all his men really burn in hell for eternity simply because of what they've put their muslim brothers and sisters through in the aftermath of it all.