Other than Amare, Randolph, Gallo, Felton: Who is the most important knick.

So far basing this thread on the threads revolving around Felton, Gallo, Randolph, and Amare. All with whom we have deemed as being the best and most critical components to this new knicks regime.

I ask you

Who else is the X factor, because you dont win big if you dont have 8-10 guys on the same page

the Lakers have their odom off the bench or robbery horry to spread the floor
The spurs always had their matt bonners to spread the floor.
The celtics have or had their Kendrick PErkins and Tony Allens
The Magic have their JJ reddicks or Marcin GOrtats to go hard every night with consistent bench numbers

Who are the knicks X factors or X factor

Douglas ?

TUriaf ?

Roger Mason ?

I want to hear some logical opinions, I feel this can be a good thread.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
It has to be Mozgov. If he can overachieve or contribute meaningful minutes that is huge for us. A 7'1" athletic center who is in his early 20's is a rare breed and can take the Knicks from an 8th to a 4th seed and contender if he can be a solid player at 5. Plus that would allow Amare to go to the 4 which is another huge thing.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Gotta give it to Tony. The system needs to continue without a hitch once Felton comes out and all the work Tony has put in this offseason is a good sign/start. He can easily average 2-3 steals a game which is something we were hoping Nate could do but TD has the mindset to pull it off.

Ps. I know others have asked but WHERE THE F IS FELTON!?!

After TD I think Turiaf will have a big influence on our team on and off the court (Mason Jr. might do the same).

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Wilson Chandler is important and Azubuike returning from injury is important. Besides them for the great role player I think it has to be Bill Walker. If Bill Walker can be the player he was projected to be, then the Knicks are in good shape.
Mozgov also has his part at 7'1' and developing into the NBA. If he produces he may even become a starter later in the season.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Roger Mason. He will be our starting SG unfortunately. We have a gaping hole in the roster at SG. It could very well be the missing piece that completely screws this season. Azubuike will be out for a long time, if not the whole year. Chandler at SG is just a bad idea for this system.

If Mason can step in and play well, then we'll be fine. But if he plays poorly and we have to go with Chandler, then it will affect the entire system. Defenders will be able to stay off Chandler and clog the lane, essentially making it more difficult for Felton to drive the lane and/or kick-out or play the pcik-and-roll with Amare. Essentially the majority of the offensive system we intend to run is affected.

nyk_nyk

All Star
If Mason can step in and play well, then we'll be fine. But if he plays poorly and we have to go with Chandler, then it will affect the entire system.

Are you just completely writing off Walker? How do you go from Mason to Chandler? If anything its Walker, Mason THEN Chandler at the 2.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Are you just completely writing off Walker? How do you go from Mason to Chandler? If anything its Walker, Mason THEN Chandler at the 2.

woooah wooooaah woooaaah!
hooooold up a minute
pump da brakes
chandler 3rd behind walker and mason??? bullshit

walker and mason would have career years if they averaged chandlers stats last season when he playd a lot of it injured. i know theres a lot of wilson hate here, but lets keep in wunhunnid (100)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Has a boogie

Azabuike.

Not instantly, but prior to the ASG break.

If the leg injury doesn't hurt his shooting, and he maintains consistency from mid-long range, then he'll be the (so far) missing piece, making the transition from the bench to the starting job.

Not to expect too much from a 73 game absence and no preseason, but if by December he's rolling, that won't be too late, IMO.

Add to that his defence and fast break prowess, and we're legit with 2 shooting threats, a quick, powerful PG, a transition/paint monster and 2 shot blockers/intimidators that can run the floor and trail plays. Never mind our grossly under rated bench.

Initially, Azabuike will be the 6th, 7th or 8th man.

After he missed 73 games last season and Summer League, pardon us if we take the latest Kelenna Azubuike report with a grain of salt.

According to Hoopsworld's Alex Kennedy (via twitter) Azubuike's camp think he'll be ready for the season opener. Training camp, not so much. This isn't much different than we heard from the Knicks a month ago.

The Knicks need to take their time and go slow here. Azubuike is an explosive athlete that is a fantastic fit in Mike D'Antoni's system. Knicks fans will love him. He will eventually pass Wilson Chandler for the starting two guard spot, just watch.

Because of that potential, the Knicks cannot risk anything short of full recovery. Let him miss camp. Let him miss half of November. Control his minutes and keep them down when he first returns, slowly building them up. After all this recovery, better to go slow than have a setback. You don't want a lingering issue.

Getting the conditioning and explosiveness back will take time. But the result is worth the wait. Knicks brass and fans just have to be patient.

If not, then it's between Chandler, Mason Jr. and Walker. Don't count out Sky Walker just yet. Mason, at this stage, remains our healthiest and probably most reliable choice temporarily as a shooter/experienced player.

Whoever plays best at the 2 is the X factor.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
hooooold up a minute
pump da brakes

walker and mason would have career years if they averaged chandlers stats last season when he playd a lot of it injured. i know theres a lot of wilson hate here, but lets keep in wunhunnid (100)

I think it's more 'Wilson doubt' than 'Wilson hate'. None of us would be upset if he proved his doubters (not haters) wrong.

iSaYughh

Starter
Why can't Douglas play the 2?

Anyways, I go for The Mozel. Least likely of our x-factors to truly breakthrough, IMO, but the reward would be monumental. Not that he is exactly this player, but if he could somehow put up M. Gasol type stats/impact in the next couple years...wow..

Still, Douglas/Walker becoming competent and consistently dangerous would be big for us in cementing our 2 rotation as guards.

We have a lot of talent and youth, a ton of explosiveness, and good depth. We just need some combo of it to congeal at the 2 and 5 spot. Thankfully, our bigs and even guards are versatile so we have a lot of rotation options.

nyk_nyk

All Star
hooooold up a minute
pump da brakes

I wasn't speaking in terms of depth, I was just trying to make a point that we have a functional and healthy true sg in Walker. Personally, I would start BW. I'd give Chandler some minutes at the 2 but very limited.

It will be interesting to see how Chandler (SF) fits in. Sure he warrants playing time but i'm sure Gallo and AR will see plenty minutes between PF and SF.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

I always forget about Walker. I don't know why. Although, judging from his Summer League performance, all of us may be forgetting about him soon.

in all fairness walker was noticeably along with douglas attempting to run the system often during summer league, Every one else was chucking threes, and holding the ball. I could tell douglas and walker were frustrated by that, but in all honesty walker playing along side gallo, amare, randolph, and turiaf will be a much different animal, more back door cuts for dunks, more weak side shifts for isolations, and many more open elbow three point attempts. Walker was put in the position of facilitator during the summer league many times, that is not his strong suit, his strong suit is to finish at the rim, get to the line, and knock down open jumpers similar to a JR smith ( with out the over shooting, and latrell sprewell choking antics )

Paul1355

All Star
So far basing this thread on the threads revolving around Felton, Gallo, Randolph, and Amare. All with whom we have deemed as being the best and most critical components to this new knicks regime.

I ask you

Who else is the X factor, because you dont win big if you dont have 8-10 guys on the same page

the Lakers have their odom off the bench or robbery horry to spread the floor
The spurs always had their matt bonners to spread the floor.
The celtics have or had their Kendrick PErkins and Tony Allens
The Magic have their JJ reddicks or Marcin GOrtats to go hard every night with consistent bench numbers

Who are the knicks X factors or X factor

Douglas ?

TUriaf ?

Roger Mason ?

I want to hear some logical opinions, I feel this can be a good thread.
Mozgov because if he turns out being worth the 3 mil per year then that will eventually put Turiaf on the bench, which is better for Turiaf due to injury problems and Mozgov/Amare will make a pick and roll feast.

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
the gov

the gov with be. 12 points a game, 8 rebounds and 3 blocks shots and many othesr changed. We may have to call him the human eraser.

portega1968

El Cacique
Eddy Curry and his expiring deal.

Bill Walker? yeah right, that's like saying Darko Milicic a year ago.

Honestly, I think Roger Mason will make a difference that will not show up in the stats. He will be a unifying force in the locker room and a positive influence on the younger guys, as well as provide some cover for the lack we have in the backcourt.

iJoe

Rotation player
Eddy Curry and his expiring deal.

Bill Walker? yeah right, that's like saying Darko Milicic a year ago.

Honestly, I think Roger Mason will make a difference that will not show up in the stats. He will be a unifying force in the locker room and a positive influence on the younger guys, as well as provide some cover for the lack we have in the backcourt.

What makes you think Roger Mason will be the unifying force? I don't ask to be negative, I'm merely curious because I honestly know very little about the guy.

I know Turiaf is gonna be awesome for the team even if he doesn't play big minutes. Hes one of those friendly guys who bring the whole team to dinner and cheers with the best of them.

I'd like Wilson Chandler to concentrate on the corner 3 and focus more on slashing and defense. If he gets a post game as well, then he'll be a serious force. Thats a lot of things to add though and his passion seems to be lacking a bit :2cents:

KBlack25

Starter
From what I hear from Spurs fans RMJ is not very good. I'm going to go on the record and say he will not be a major factor this year.

Red

TYPE-A
What's poppin' fellas.. been a while.

This is easy...

1. Mike D'antoni is the most important. He's made his bed, and now he's on the hot seat to perform. He has his pieces, now he must show why we're paying him so much and if he can live up to his resume.

2. Wilson Chandler. A healthy Chandler can provide a spark off the bench. He can guard the 1 thru 4 and if he can continue to improve is our most expendable (and probably one of our saught after players) to include in a trade for an upgrade at the deadline.

So besides the starters I think Chandler is the X factor. Also he can play multiple positions if say someone gets injured or is tiring. He will probably have the most diverse role on the team. Help D, low post D, Guard the perimeter etc... he'll be JJ with a shot, driving capabilities , and best of all a reasonable contract for trading if need be.