Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: Metrocard's 2K11 Player Ratings

  1. #16
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Paul is better.

    But to get into it.

    Paul's PER is 23.74
    Williams's PER is 20.62

    The season before Paul was 30.04(3rd in the NBA) and Williams was 21.13 (18th)

    The season before THAT, Paul was 2nd in the NBA in PER, 28.39 and Williams was 26th, at 20 again.

    Paul has always been better than Williams. People who don't do their research will be indifferent, whatever.

    I would rank Paul a 93-95, but he missed a lot of games last season. Williams isn't at his level, sorry. Paul will be the best PG in the NBA until he retires.


    Carmelo is so damn overrated.
    He's not a 90 at all. His defense is overrated too.
    Just saying Bandon Roy is a 86 and Mello is an 84. You cant tell me Roy is better then Mello. Mello has an ability to ceate his own Shot at any angle and thats something only 2 other guys in the NBA have (Kobe, Wade).

    In my book, Mello is an 88. quite possibliy 90. Esspecialy if Bosh, Gasol, and Brandon Roy are 86 ad STAT is an 85. 84 is just ridiculous for a top 5 NBA player.

  2. #17
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Forget all that PER stuff. DW led his team to more wins even when CP was healthy. They are both great talented guards but I don't see how PER gets CP 3 notches higher. That stat is full of fluff. I don't care what PER rank DW had in the past, he's no less of a talent than CP is. Research is actually watching games and knowing a players talent level outside of all these silly efficiency concoctions.

    Iverson probably had a low PER rating but you couldn't dare question his ability to carry a team.

    Melo isn't overrated. Check what DEN looked like before he got there and then after. Nuff said.

    I use to say Elton Brand was overrated because even with his numbers and decent teammates he could never make them better.


    I'm sorry but if you say you'd rather have D. Will over Paul, over the long haul the short haul, or the U-haul for that matter, I just have to question your ability to judge talent. Period.

    Paul is the best PG since Magic and Isiah. He's up there w those guys believe me.

    You obviously haven't watched enough of him or looked at the numbers he can put up cause you are shamefully misinformed sir.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Sep 15, 2010 at 20:36.

  3. #18
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Just saying Bandon Roy is a 86 and Mello is an 84. You cant tell me Roy is better then Mello. Mello has an ability to ceate his own Shot at any angle and thats something only 2 other guys in the NBA have (Kobe, Wade).

    In my book, Mello is an 88. quite possibliy 90. Esspecialy if Bosh, Gasol, and Brandon Roy are 86 ad STAT is an 85. 84 is just ridiculous for a top 5 NBA player.
    That's if you are stuck on the feeble and ridiculoid notion that Melo is a top 5 player, which he definitely is not.

    To put it bluntly Roy is simply better both ways than Melo. Melo may be more dominate offensively, but Roy is close to him in this area and better defensively. So I can see why one would rate Roy higher than Melo overall.

    And just as an aside, Roy's ball skills totally son Melo's and most PG's in the league for that matter. That boy is bad w the pill..

  4. #19
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    What a ****ing waste of time

  5. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    LOL@taking PER to value a player.

  6. #21
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    That's if you are stuck on the feeble and ridiculoid notion that Melo is a top 5 player, which he definitely is not.

    To put it bluntly Roy is simply better both ways than Melo. Melo may be more dominate offensively, but Roy is close to him in this area and better defensively. So I can see why one would rate Roy higher than Melo overall.

    And just as an aside, Roy's ball skills totally son Melo's and most PG's in the league for that matter. That boy is bad w the pill..
    Man, im sorry but saying that Brandon roy is better then Mello is insanity. The Blazers were OFFERING Brandon Roy to the Hornets in a package trying to get CP3! Hes not a franchise player! he has talent but hes no Carmelo Anthony. in my book Mello is juat as good as wade, and a few notches under LeBron and Kobe.

    My top 5 NBA player With ratings

    1. Kobe (95)
    2. LeBron (94)
    3. KD (92)
    4. Mello (91)
    5. Wade (91)

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Man, im sorry but saying that Brandon roy is better then Mello is insanity. The Blazers were OFFERING Brandon Roy to the Hornets in a package trying to get CP3! Hes not a franchise player! he has talent but hes no Carmelo Anthony. in my book Mello is juat as good as wade, and a few notches under LeBron and Kobe.

    My top 5 NBA player With ratings

    1. Kobe (95)
    2. LeBron (94)
    3. KD (92)
    4. Mello (91)
    5. Wade (91)
    I'm a huge Melo fan, too, and agree with your assessment on him spot on. Arguably top5 in NBA, and he's 26.

    Kobe (overrated) Lebron (underrated), though. People put to much stock into winning (given championships), in relation to how it directly reflects a players worth.

    IMO, Lebron has done a lot more winning than Kobe that reflects their individual game and talents, even though Kobe obv has the rings. This makes him a greater legend, legacy, etc, and should be respected hugely, but as an actual player and skill comparison....Eh.

    1. Lebron (98)
    2. Wade (95)
    3. Kobe (93)
    4. KD (93)
    5. Melo (91)

    CP3 prolly not getting the respect he deserves, tho.

  8. #23
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    I'm a huge Melo fan, too, and agree with your assessment on him spot on. Arguably top5 in NBA, and he's 26.

    Kobe (overrated) Lebron (underrated), though. People put to much stock into winning (given championships), in relation to how it directly reflects a players worth.

    IMO, Lebron has done a lot more winning than Kobe that reflects their individual game and talents, even though Kobe obv has the rings. This makes him a greater legend, legacy, etc, and should be respected hugely, but as an actual player and skill comparison....Eh.

    1. Lebron (98)
    2. Wade (95)
    3. Kobe (93)
    4. KD (93)
    5. Melo (91)

    CP3 prolly not getting the respect he deserves, tho.
    Agree with you on a few things here, One being that CP3 is being overrated but thats mostly due to the fact that he was injured last season.

    But Wade a 95? maybe in his prime but now I can alomost guarantee you that by mid season that overall is going to be an 99, 89 because LeBron is going to be doing most of the driving in and will be scoring most of the points. Not to mention Wade is 30 years old. how much gas does he have left in the tank?

    and as for LeBron i agree that he CAN be better then Kobe, and COULD have been bigger then Jordan BUT> he took the ***** route and teamed up with 32 superstars. So LeBron can average 40 points a game its not going to matter. it will always come down to the fact that Micheal did it alone and stuck with his team, While LeBron left his team because he COULDNT do it alone.

    Also Kobe may be overrated but for good reason. The guy has four Championships! he may have had Shaq for 2 of them but the last 2 are all him. I think were going to see a better Kobe Bryant as he gets older. Because as a player as you get older you cant drive as much due to fear of getting injured, so that makes you improve your shot, and I think by the time Kobe is 33 he will have more rings then Michael. Sadly LeBron will never be as good as he could have been because he will always be UnderRated because hes playing with two All Stars. But hey, Thats his own stupid decision.

  9. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Agree with you on a few things here, One being that CP3 is being overrated but thats mostly due to the fact that he was injured last season.

    But Wade a 95? maybe in his prime but now I can alomost guarantee you that by mid season that overall is going to be an 99, 89 because LeBron is going to be doing most of the driving in and will be scoring most of the points. Not to mention Wade is 30 years old. how much gas does he have left in the tank?

    and as for LeBron i agree that he CAN be better then Kobe, and COULD have been bigger then Jordan BUT> he took the ***** route and teamed up with 32 superstars. So LeBron can average 40 points a game its not going to matter. it will always come down to the fact that Micheal did it alone and stuck with his team, While LeBron left his team because he COULDNT do it alone.

    Also Kobe may be overrated but for good reason. The guy has four Championships! he may have had Shaq for 2 of them but the last 2 are all him. I think were going to see a better Kobe Bryant as he gets older. Because as a player as you get older you cant drive as much due to fear of getting injured, so that makes you improve your shot, and I think by the time Kobe is 33 he will have more rings then Michael. Sadly LeBron will never be as good as he could have been because he will always be UnderRated because hes playing with two All Stars. But hey, Thats his own stupid decision.
    We actually pretty much agree here, too. If you're going to take in to account Wade's age and miles, he takes a big hit compared to guys like Lebron, KD, even Melo. But assuming he his healthy, for this season at least, he is a total force. I think he is STILL in his prime (prolly leaving it, but still within it), but I could easily be wrong. Hope I am. Would love to see Wade really start breaking down in yr1 of Miami's Evil Empire.

    I don't think Kobe is overrated as the total package...legacy, legend, and rings are part of the game. And Kobe has mountains of that.

    And Lebron never really will (some tainted rings, maybe, aside). He is always going to carry a scarlet letter, and prolly did a good job finding a way to make Kobe even more epic...let alone if LA can wing another title in the next few years....

    A good pt. is raised as to whether you truly want a guy like Lebron on a hardcore championship team, given the route he took, and how he took it, and what it shows about him.

    I'm still not sold either way whether he is a "loser" when it comes to championships and his personal ability to carry a team to one. His Cavs were so so so bad....It's remarkable what they did, but some sketchy playoff games and his fleeing to Wade and Riley raises doubts, no question.

    But in a basketball game (xbox, ps3 haha), i don't think a lot of that matters, and my personal rankings reflect that more than anything.

  10. #25
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Nah. Don't forget that PER stuff. I don't know what stuff and fluff is. The topic is basketball, and you're not using a lot of words that are telling me why Paul shouldn't be rated where he's at. Stats are facts. My arguments not only include stats, but explanations on why I'm using them. I rather use the facts than come into a thread looking like a bias oblivious dickhead.

    You're not an NBA scout, you're not certified to evaluate talent...so stop trying to act like on an NBA scout watching every NBA game sitting on your fat ass munching on a bag of doritos.

    Iverson has a great defensive team.
    Carmelo has a great team. Its not just him.
    Homie, you embarrass yourself getting all homotional over your precious custom ratings. I don't need to study PER numbers to know that they are basically equal in talent. Both players have strengths that the other doesn't which basically cancels each other out. Example: CP is quicker but DW is bigger and stronger.

    You can put DW on NO right now and they wouldn't lose a step. The same goes for CP and UTA. Also, I'm sure if teams had a choice between DW and CP they'd be extremely happy with either one. You wouldn't lose anything picking one over the other.

    Your making comments about me not being certified to evaluate talent yet YOU are the one acting like an NBA scout's assistant and giving custom ratings for damn near every player. Based on what????? You're not an NBA scout, you're not certified to evaluate talent...so stop trying to act like your an NBA scout watching every NBA game sitting on your sore ass jerking off to Mens Fitness magazines. (yeah I used your line and made it better)

    All I did was disagree on your precious PER ranking to justify separating CP and DW by +3. They have the ability to generate the same production night in and night out.

  11. #26
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I think people forget that overall ratings mean almost nothing in a game.

    Ratings favor jack of all trades players. They don't take into account leadership, passion and the ability to take over a game when it actually matters. Someone like Lebron will always have the highest rating, because hes a multi stat whore.

    Players like Carmelo should be rated lower as they aren't multi cat players. Melo doesn't block shots, shoot lots of 3s, have a lot of assists or grab 10+ rebounds. This doesn't make him a bad player as he is leaps and bounds higher in a real life metric as he can always find a makable shot. Ratings and stats don't mean everything. Both in real life and in games.

  12. #27
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I'm sorry but if you say you'd rather have D. Will over Paul, over the long haul the short haul, or the U-haul for that matter, I just have to question your ability to judge talent. Period.

    Paul is the best PG since Magic and Isiah. He's up there w those guys believe me.

    You obviously haven't watched enough of him or looked at the numbers he can put up cause you are shamefully misinformed sir.
    I'm convinced you know NOTHING about Deron Williams. So your saying if I was a GM and signed DW over CP I'm a bad judge of talent???? LOL GTFOH with that dumb sh*t. (u FAIL for that)

    Wow ronoranina! CP puts up great numbers... Oh wait, DW can do the same exact thing too. C'mon man, you act like CP is putting up 30 and 40 while DW is in the teens or something. Do your homework son!

  13. #28
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    nice ratings....
    lol, y ppl mad at game ratings?

    give or take 2 points, we all agree on the same thing
    nothing is outrageously wrong here
    not like he has eddy curry as a 85 or something.

    grow up kids...
    i dont see the point of adjusting player ratings with living rosters. games nowadays change player ratings according to how the player does in real life...

  14. #29
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I'm convinced you know NOTHING about Deron Williams. So your saying if I was a GM and signed DW over CP I'm a bad judge of talent???? LOL GTFOH with that dumb sh*t. (u FAIL for that)

    Wow ronoranina! CP puts up great numbers... Oh wait, DW can do the same exact thing too. C'mon man, you act like CP is putting up 30 and 40 while DW is in the teens or something. Do your homework son!
    You asked Metro why he had CP3 rated 3 points ahead of DWill. He answered you simply and succinctly and his assessments were spot on.

    There is no fail on my part.

    You sir, failed the moment you went and started believing Dwill and CP3 were in the same class.

    DWill is a very very good PG, borderline great, but he is not in the same class as CP3 IMHumbleO.. CP3 is legitamately a great HOF PG, THE BEST OF HIS GENERATION.

    And they don't put up the exact same numbers. You are mistaken there too. Obviously you need to do your research. When healthy CP3 consistently put up assist numbers that are better than DWill and on par w Magic Johnson's and Isiah Thomas's career averages. CP3's scorong averages are better also. Go look at the numbers. I've done my research in this area. So pls stop.

    Your opinion on DWill is purely conjecture and not in line with how they actually look on court, or w relation to season averages. So what are you basing this judgement that they should be rated evenly on??? Pure fanboy BS maybe??

    Metro prolly summed up the debate the best when he pointed out that on the olympic team Paul started over Dwill. So D'ant, CoachK, Jim B. and Nate McMillan all can't judge talent right?

    Yeah you could prolly plug one in for another w similar results, but there are subtle differences in their games that put Paul over the top. More discerning player evaluators tend to pick up on them.

    I don't put you in that category sir..

  15. #30
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Metro's ratings are pretty accurate.

    I am more concerned on the potential level that NBA 2k11 will give each player.

    Chandler, Gallo, and Randolph should be high in potential.

    Actually Gallo and Randolph should be up to 85-90 in potential with Chandler at like 80.

    That is a huge concern of mine because in franchise mode, the potential ratings made the huge difference in the players growth. Some good players with amazing numbers had a potential rating of around 40 or something...didnt make sense.

Similar Threads

  1. Marbury being the Key Player
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 04, 2008, 09:16
  2. NBA Player of the Week: Jamal Crawford
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jan 20, 2008, 17:44
  3. What Single Player do the knicks need the most?
    By NYK 33 TaVe in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Dec 19, 2007, 18:11
  4. ESPN's Player Efficiency Ratings
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NBA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 15, 2005, 00:08
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 15, 2004, 23:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •