Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trading Gallo or Randolph for Carmelo will fail us.

Veteran

Nyk Logo didnt we get randolph for free????

u guys are funny as hell. we basically got randolph, turiaf and azzy for free.. just cuz gstate wanted to give dlee an extra year.. for free we got him..

once we got amare we knew we were losing lee...OK... on july 1 if you knew u were gettin amare, melo, and felton... while losing lee for nothin.. u guys would of been doing cartwheels... now u dont want to give up randolph????

its the price of not having draft picks... if chicago includes noah.. we are done

while melo can say he wont sign an extension with no other teams.. he scare of the new CBA... that wahy he has to be flexable cuz he wants that extension....

while i would luv to have randolph.. id give up gallo and randolph for him but id would want affalo form denver.. or jr smith... if we got jr... we would have about 12 million in cap relief for next summer.. while retaining melo, turiaf,amare, felton, tmo, tdog, and probably walker and chandler

felton
    jr or affalo
    melo
    amare
    turiaf/t mo

bench.. walker/fields/tdog/mason/azzy

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Smh, I was starting to wonder if some of you guys here actually cared about NY B-Ball. It's clear what I've been seeing around here...
    like Flavor Flav Said “my vision ain’t blurry, boyyy!”

It’s going to be a multi team deal I’m sure and hoping it will include Gallinari. Denver<ST1</ST1 isn’t going to risk another Lebron fiasco, he will be traded. They’re going to want something in return and Mello is pushing them to send him here. Gallo will be a distraction just like last year, I saw with my own eyes (court side seats) how the coach favors him over the rest of the team. When Nate went on scoring sprees the coach benched him and told him to relax because he was yelling to load…wtf. I remember Gallo picking up 2 quick fouls in the first quarter of a game the coach smiled (with that silly face) and told him “don’t worry about it” and patted him on the ass as he made his way to the bench. I saw the look in the other player’s eyes. I saw Chandler <ST1shake his head and Nate started “humming a song” while shaking his head in disbelief, Curry doesn’t like coach either and I think it’s for the same reason. Harrington, and Duhon were ass kissers, I even heard Al call coach “sir” for most of the night (this ain’t the military). The only players I saw play with skillz and dignity was Chandler <ST1and Lee.

<O</O
    WE don’t need Gallo; we can find other shooters who aren’t one dimensional, inconsistent, and favored by the coach. In this Eastern Conference we don’t need tall weak boney players hanging around the three. We need bangers, creators, defenders, and experience…real ballers.

<O</O
    The media is hyping up Gallos game, which in a way is a good thing. The media did great things for Lee and Duhon…as far as promoting an exaggerated dynamic duo. The same goes for Gallo; I know how the game works. I know what this dude did last year, he tried to be a fake shooting guard in an scrawny centers frame. and I’m sure he didn’t bulk up in weight or worked on his post and mid range game. He’ll be beyond the ark tossing them up again hopping a good percentage of them will fall in. I honestly think Andy can be that 3 pt threat for us along with a couple of other players. Matter of fact, everyone in the NBA should be able to make these shots. What separates you from the D-League and the collegiate level is the amount of diversity you have on the court when dealing with adversity. Gallo is just too lame to be giving the key to this city…in this day and age. He is not that special guy the coach is trying to make him out to be, especially with a soft back that throws off the rhythm in the individual’s game. Gallo will be a hindrance because D’Antonio is trying to turn a player into someone he’s not. Coach might break the poor boy’s back in the long run.

<O</O
    Why wait for the middle of the season (when Gallo’s obvious flaws will be noticed) when we have the chance now to package him in a multi team deal and skate away scot free like we did with Duhon? The media has done its job, now its the brass turn.

<O</O
    Winners win now and later. Losers are use to losing and will often plan for an uncertain future. Conservative gets you little while being assertive doubles your chances at getting you what you want.
    Listen, I agree about Gallinari and I think he has a long way to go and to prove himself. But, to have a 6'11" player that can shoot and understands the fundamentals like DG is rare and you have to give him time. I'm not sure if you guys remember but Dirk got this same treatment for a few years in Dallas until he broke out. Lets hope DG finds himself and becomes the player we hope he can be. Guys like Chandler are all over the NBA.... Chandler is an average NBA player who, at times, has moments where he commands the floor but he is not consistent either and he will never be a star the most you can hope for is an above average NBA player. Deng has more skills than Chandler as well AS Iggy... Iggy is a superior player, especially defensively and while his offense is not consistent he is a top-tear defender and you could have him defend guys like Kobe, LaBron and Melo. Deng id a decent defender as well, better than Chandler who can't man up his guy!!! You also have to keep the systme in mind as well... Iggy does NOT do well in a slow, half court game because he is not a pure shooter who can spot up but in the transition game that the Knicks are trying to implement, Iggy can excel!! He is great in the open court!! Deng is great in the open court as well and Deng can post up. If the game is slowed down to a half court game, Deng can make his own shot. Whereas Chandler is like Iggy and needs to run.
    Would anyone here sign for the following starting 5 right now?
    Amare
    Randolph/Gallinari (not sure which one I would start; probably switch them out based on the team I was playing)
    Deng
    Iggy
    Felton

Could we live with this starting roster as Knicks fans??? I can!!! You don't think this team can make it deep into the playoffs? With the trade scenario I gave you guys this final 4 would be: Boston, Miami, Chicago and NY..... I truly believe we could beat at least one of those guys to make it to the Conference Finals... If not and we lose; we still have a MLE to use in the off season to grab a player and add them... Maybe a Battier or even go after a big that can play around 10 minutes a night.

Originally Posted by moneyg
    u guys are funny as hell. we basically got randolph, turiaf and azzy for free.. just cuz gstate wanted to give dlee an extra year.. for free we got him..

once we got amare we knew we were losing lee...OK... on july 1 if you knew u were gettin amare, melo, and felton... while losing lee for nothin.. u guys would of been doing cartwheels... now u dont want to give up randolph????

its the price of not having draft picks... if chicago includes noah.. we are done

while melo can say he wont sign an extension with no other teams.. he scare of the new CBA... that wahy he has to be flexable cuz he wants that extension....

while i would luv to have randolph.. id give up gallo and randolph for him but id would want affalo form denver.. or jr smith... if we got jr... we would have about 12 million in cap relief for next summer.. while retaining melo, turiaf,amare, felton, tmo, tdog, and probably walker and chandler

felton
    jr or affalo
    melo
    amare
    turiaf/t mo

bench.. walker/fields/tdog/mason/azzy
    Again, now you are asking Denver to not only give us Melo for Curry, Gallinari and Randolph you also want them to throw in JR or Affalo?!?! Listen, Curry, DG and AR are not enough to get Melo alone never mind having Denver "sweeten" the pot! You guys throw trades out that just aren't in any realms of reality!! I mentioned Rose as part of the Melo trade because that is the reality of what it would take to land a super-star; a star or potential star. Chicago knows this and that' why they are trying desperately to give up anyone but Rose and Noah but in the end, they know that there will have to be one of them along with a salary match and Deng is that salary. The problem is Denver does not want Deng's contract. The trade scenario I thew out is a realistic one; one that has some facts behind it. There has been some leaks that Chicago would part with Rose for Melo but not Rose AND a #1. I think they would throw in a #2 with Rose and a salary. If the Knicks offered Curry's expiring contract and gave them a replacement guard in Douglas... That would give Chicago exactly what they need to pull it off and still have something at the 1 in the end. Douglas for Deng is worth it right??? Since Curry is a non factor anyway you are essentially trading Douglas for Deng...
    The reality is Melo will either resign with Denver (I think in the end that's what he will do) or will go with a trade to any of the 4/5 teams that he listed. The Knicks have the least chance out off all the teams listed. If the Knicks could grab Melo for Randolph, Curry and Gallinari.... I would pull the trigger on that deal in a nano-second! Denver wouldn't even have time to finish saying the word yes and I would have those 3 guys on a plane going to Denver!

Veteran

It's getting so close that all of this is becoming a reality. And as he pushes for a trade.. this becomes less is in our favor.

NOT that we aren't one of the only two teams he'd reportedly wants to play for hence will sign a contract extension with.. but that the more reasonable AND logical way of having him join us (via free agency) doesn't seem like a viable option anymore. which sucks.

I know it sounds stupid for anyone to NOT want Carmelo on the team. I am one of his biggest supporters in fact. Huge Syracuse fan. Huge Carmelo fan.

but..

As much as I havent agreed with Metrocard on a constant basis in all the years Ive been with KO.. the Knicks equally throughout the years have not given their young talent a chance and have sent them away for "proven" players. And I agree with Metro on this guys.

On their own are Gallo and Randolph equally as good as Anthony? NO. At this point, not even close. but if we have to give up one or both of these prospects who RIGHT now can cover multiple positions for us.. successfully and not even having reached their full potential. It doesnt make for a smart move.

Could this be something we kick ourselves in the ass for? possibly. but getting carmelo is not the end of the world. We should see what we have and aim for deadline or offseason to grab a quality SG. Not clean house for another SF. albeit he is a "top 10 player".

If the move had to come and the bulls stay steady with their offer of a 1st round pick, Taj Gibson, and Luol Deng. We have the advantage still. We can offer a 1st rounder and something the bulls cant cap relief. We offer a 1st rounder, Eddy Curry, Wilson Chandler, and their pick of Douglas, Rautins, Fields, Walker, Ewing Jr.

Could it work? poss. I have faith in Walsh not to give up everything. but at the end of the day its all a bunch of possiblys. If we get him.. Who else could.. Will Gallo or Randolph reach star level.. Will he play as a team..

possibly.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    It's getting so close that all of this is becoming a reality. And as he pushes for a trade.. this becomes less is in our favor.

NOT that we aren't one of the only two teams he'd reportedly wants to play for hence will sign a contract extension with.. but that the more reasonable AND logical way of having him join us (via free agency) doesn't seem like a viable option anymore. which sucks.

I know it sounds stupid for anyone to NOT want Carmelo on the team. I am one of his biggest supporters in fact. Huge Syracuse fan. Huge Carmelo fan.

but..

As much as I havent agreed with Metrocard on a constant basis in all the years Ive been with KO.. the Knicks equally throughout the years have not given their young talent a chance and have sent them away for "proven" players. And I agree with Metro on this guys.

On their own are Gallo and Randolph equally as good as Anthony? NO. At this point, not even close. but if we have to give up one or both of these prospects who RIGHT now can cover multiple positions for us.. successfully and not even having reached their full potential. It doesnt make for a smart move.

Could this be something we kick ourselves in the ass for? possibly. but getting carmelo is not the end of the world. We should see what we have and aim for deadline or offseason to grab a quality SG. Not clean house for another SF. albeit he is a "top 10 player".

If the move had to come and the bulls stay steady with their offer of a 1st round pick, Taj Gibson, and Luol Deng. We have the advantage still. We can offer a 1st rounder and something the bulls cant cap relief. We offer a 1st rounder, Eddy Curry, Wilson Chandler, and their pick of Douglas, Rautins, Fields, Walker, Ewing Jr.

Could it work? poss. I have faith in Walsh not to give up everything. but at the end of the day its all a bunch of possiblys. If we get him.. Who else could.. Will Gallo or Randolph reach star level.. Will he play as a team..

possibly.
    I agree with the grabbing a quality Sg at the deadline. Hopefully we can pull the trigger on someone like Michael Red. I think he is expering and so is curry so it would just be trading one expiring for another maybe we throw in Walker or a 2 2nd rounders. We wouldn't be asking much from Red just to catch shoot and run the floor. Also seeing how this would be his last year he might play harder.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Again, now you are asking Denver to not only give us Melo for Curry, Gallinari and Randolph you also want them to throw in JR or Affalo?!?! Listen, Curry, DG and AR are not enough to get Melo alone never mind having Denver "sweeten" the pot! You guys throw trades out that just aren't in any realms of reality!! I mentioned Rose as part of the Melo trade because that is the reality of what it would take to land a super-star; a star or potential star. Chicago knows this and that' why they are trying desperately to give up anyone but Rose and Noah but in the end, they know that there will have to be one of them along with a salary match and Deng is that salary. The problem is Denver does not want Deng's contract. The trade scenario I thew out is a realistic one; one that has some facts behind it. There has been some leaks that Chicago would part with Rose for Melo but not Rose AND a #1. I think they would throw in a #2 with Rose and a salary. If the Knicks offered Curry's expiring contract and gave them a replacement guard in Douglas... That would give Chicago exactly what they need to pull it off and still have something at the 1 in the end. Douglas for Deng is worth it right??? Since Curry is a non factor anyway you are essentially trading Douglas for Deng...
    The reality is Melo will either resign with Denver (I think in the end that's what he will do) or will go with a trade to any of the 4/5 teams that he listed. The Knicks have the least chance out off all the teams listed. If the Knicks could grab Melo for Randolph, Curry and Gallinari.... I would pull the trigger on that deal in a nano-second! Denver wouldn't even have time to finish saying the word yes and I would have those 3 guys on a plane going to Denver!
    ummmmmm.. denver want to get rid of JR and his 6 mil salary.. how is that sweeten the pot for us.. it helps denver financially... the thread is about trading gallo and radolph.. and i would trade both with curry and a 2014 for melo like yesterday..

r u typin just to type

and yes gallo and randolph with curry expiring and a 2014 is enough to get melo.. idont see a better deal unless chi includes noah ....and melo decides to sign with them.. other than that.. he not signing an extension

so bye bye gallo and randolph... for melo..

ummmmmm.. denver want to get rid of JR and his 6 mil salary.. how is that sweeten the pot for us.. it helps denver financially... the thread is about trading gallo and radolph.. and i would trade both with curry and a 2014 for melo like yesterday..

r u typin just to type

and yes gallo and randolph with curry expiring and a 2014 is enough to get melo.. idont see a better deal unless chi includes noah ....and melo decides to sign with them.. other than that.. he not signing an extension

so bye bye gallo and randolph... for melo..
    OK, let's address this:
    1) NY can NOT trade a draft pick because they have already traded their 2012 away (To Houston) and CBA rules do not allow teams to trade draft picks 2 years in a row so that takes away that option... This is known as the "Ted Stepien Rule." Denver will not want to wait for a pick that is many years down the line. They can't trade their 2014 because Houston can wait to take their pick and hold off until 2013 instead... The Knicks gave Houston that option in the Jeffries/T-Mac trade. So they would have to offer a 2015 or 16.... Denver doesn't want to wait until then!!

2) JR Smith alone will bring back something from the open market and Denver knows this. JR Smith by himself has value. You want to add him to a superstar and trade both of them for essentially Gallinari and Randolph.... JR Smith by himself could warrant one of those guys...... Never mind the fact that if Denver does trade Melo they might want to keep JR Smith; at least to the end of the season unless they get a great offer. Also, JR Smith has an expiring contract so they are in no hurry to dump him, they will hold him until they know what is going on with Melo and they will decide what to do at the end of the season... He goes no where.

3) So bye bye gallo and randolph... for melo...... Not in this life time!!! Gallo and Randolph might land you a quality player but NOT a super star... This is not a video game!!!! Wake up!!
    Last edited by hometheaterguy; Sep 22, 2010 at 13:42.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

OK, let's address this:
    1) NY can NOT trade a draft pick because they have already traded their 2012 away (To Houston) and CBA rules do not allow teams to trade draft picks 2 years in a row so that takes away that option... This is known as the "Ted Stepien Rule."

2) JR Smith alone will bring back something from the open market and Denver knows this. JR Smith by himself has value. You want to add him to a superstar and trade both of them for essentially Gallinari and Randolph.... JR Smith by himself could warrant one of those guys...... Never mind the fact that if Denver does trade Melo they might want to keep JR Smith; at least to the end of the season unless they get a great offer. Also, JR Smith has an expiring contract so they are in no hurry to dump him, they will hold him until they know what is going on with Melo and they will decide what to do at the end of the season... He goes no where.

3) So bye bye gallo and randolph... for melo...... Not in this life time!!! Gallo and Randolph might land you a quality player but NOT a super star... This is not a video game!!!! Wake up!!
    1) didnt i say a 2014 pick.. where u get 2012 from???? where????

2) jr smith.. cap relief .. they are over the luxry tax....also, denver plans to rebuild and jr is not in the plan

3) who offers a better package of players from a team that melo would sign an extension with.. who?????

go watch tv

typin just to type

CLOWNS

1) didnt i say a 2014 pick.. where u get 2012 from???? where????

2) jr smith.. cap relief .. they are over the luxry tax....also, denver plans to rebuild and jr is not in the plan

3) who offers a better package of players from a team that melo would sign an extension with.. who?????

go watch tv

typin just to type

CLOWNS
    READ MY POST!!! I said that they CAN NOT offer their 2014 pick because they gave Houston the option to swap the 2012 with the Knicks 2013 if they want... That prevents them from offering their 2014...
    Either you are too lazy to read or you do not know how to read!!! Either way you got it wrong.............. AGAIN!!! CLOWN!!!

How would Denver get cap relief unless they trade him to a team that is at least 7 million under the cap for a draft pick??????? So by keeping him and letting his contract expire at the end of THIS season they take him off the books along with other expiring contracts... AGAIN.................... CLOWN!!

Melo has given Denver at list of teams he is willing to get traded too; Kinicks, Bulls, Rockets are on that list and the Bulls and Rockets can offer better packages!
    Clown!!!!! Loser!!!!!

READ MY POST!!! I said that they CAN NOT offer their 2014 pick because they gave Houston the option to swap the 2012 with the Knicks 2013 if they want... That prevents them from offering their 2014...
    Either you are too lazy to read or you do not know how to read!!! Either way you got it wrong.............. AGAIN!!! CLOWN!!!
    You have this wrong.

The Rockets have the option to swap 2011 picks with us. So if we finish with the 15th pick and they have the 20th, they can swap with us. The Rockets also have our 2012 top 1 protected. This is done because we cannot trade our first round pick two years in a row. We can, however, give them our 2014 I believe, but not our 2013 because of the reason stated just previous.

This is my understanding of the Jefferies trade and the rules under the CBA. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

lol checkmate

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    You have this wrong.

The Rockets have the option to swap 2011 picks with us. So if we finish with the 15th pick and they have the 20th, they can swap with us. The Rockets also have our 2012 top 1 protected. This is done because we cannot trade our first round pick two years in a row. We can, however, give them our 2014 I believe, but not our 2013 because of the reason stated just previous.

This is my understanding of the Jefferies trade and the rules under the CBA. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.
    From what I hear when they talk about the Knicks and draft picks it looks like they are ham-stringed until the following season when they can offer a future pick. From what I understand of the rule, you can't offer 2 future picks in a row now matter how many years apart they are (up to 7 according to the current CBA). The Knicks could trade someone else's pick that they got in a trade as long as it wasn't a first round swap....

From what I hear when they talk about the Knicks and draft picks it looks like they are ham-stringed until the following season when they can offer a future pick. From what I understand of the rule, you can't offer 2 future picks in a row now matter how many years apart they are (up to 7 according to the current CBA). The Knicks could trade someone else's pick that they got in a trade as long as it wasn't a first round swap....
    We did it in the Marbury deal...hence why we gave the Jazz (via Phoenix) our 2010 this year...I don't see how offering the 2014 pick when we have full rights to the 2013 is any different from what we did in 2004 with Phoenix.

We did it in the Marbury deal...hence why we gave the Jazz (via Phoenix) our 2010 this year...I don't see how offering the 2014 pick when we have full rights to the 2013 is any different from what we did in 2004 with Phoenix.
    From Larry Coons NBA Salary Faq:
    Teams are restricted from trading away future first round draft picks in consecutive years. This is known as the "Ted Stepien Rule." Stepien owned the Cavs from 1980-83, and made a series of bad trades (such as the above-mentioned 1982 trade) that cost the Cavs several years' first round picks. As a result of Stepien's ineptitude, teams are now prevented from making trades which might leave them without a first round pick in consecutive future years.

You are correct. If we wanted to offer 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020 etc...we could. The only stipulation is that we cant trade two 1st rounders in consecutive years of the draft not at the time of trade like theater dude suggests.