13. Pau Gasol
14. Tim Duncan
15. Kevin Garnett
16. Brandon Roy
17. Joe Johnson
18. Russel Westbrook
19. Andre Igudala
20. Gerald Wallace

1-3 and 4-5 are interchangeable. After that it gets kind of tough to really slot players because in most cases they have different skill sets. For instance: CP3 is VERY productive and is big part of NOs success but Howard does the same thing for ORL.

They both get it done in different ways. Blocks vs Steals, Rebounds vs Assists... points cancel each other out.

IMO G Wallce is better than J Johnson. I'd give GW the edge simply because he can shut you down defensively. I'd also put Gasol above Bosh because he's a better defender and rebounder. They can both score about the same.

Paul1355

All Star
1. Kobe Bryant
2. LeBron James
3. Kevin Durant
4. Carmelo Anthony
5. Dwayne Wade
6. Dwight Howard
7. Chris Paul
8. Deron Williams
9. Dirk Nowitzki
10. Amare Stoudemire
11. Chris Bosh
12. Steve Nash
13. Pau Gasol
14. Tim Duncan
15. Kevin Garnett
16. Brandon Roy
17. Joe Johnson
18. Russel Westbrook
19. Andre Igudala
20. Gerald Wallace
Kobe
Lebron
Durant
Chris Paul
Dwayne Wade
Derron Williams
Pau Gasol
Dwight Howard
Melo
Steve Nash
Amare
Brandon Roy
Dirk
Rajon Rondo
Chris Bosh
Duncan
Derrick Rose
David Lee
Tyreke Evans
Al Horford

Rookie
bryant
gasol
howard
wade
nowitzky
nash
ginobili
durant
antony
garnett
STOUDMIRE
chris paul
williams
joe johnson
igoudala
DANILO GALLINARI
brandon roy
yao ming
louis scola
bargnani

nyk_nyk

All Star
Kobe
Lebron
Durant
Chris Paul
Dwayne Wade
Derron Williams
Pau Gasol
Dwight Howard
Melo
Steve Nash
Amare
Brandon Roy
Dirk
Rajon Rondo
Chris Bosh
Duncan
Derrick Rose
David Lee
Tyreke Evans
Al Horford

Please remove. Def NOT top 20 player!
:teeth:

iSaYughh

Starter
If Lee puts up ~20-10+ and a block n steal a game, at elite efficiency, and at his best position, will people still say he's so overrated? It's a big if, I suppose, but it'd be interesting to see.

ok so then zach randolph is a top 20 player
lee is just as good as tim duncan
andrew bogut should be in the top 10
Lamarcus aldridge is a top 20 player

LEE

is like 25-30

not 1-20

iSaYughh

Starter
ok so then zach randolph is a top 20 player
lee is just as good as tim duncan
andrew bogut should be in the top 10
Lamarcus aldridge is a top 20 player

LEE

is like 25-30

not 1-20

Aldrige and Bogut don't have Lee's numbers from last season..

And Lee isn't as good as Tim Duncan. Doesn't mean that he shouldn't be in a top20 discussion, if you're basing it off the assumption of him replicating last year, or just basing it off last years' performance. Which I assume Paul and a lot of people are working under.

You are also comparing him to arguably the greatest PF of all-time, known for his otherworldy defense and intangibles. A rare player, with rare skills, who's game transcends box lines in a way that most don't.

And it's not TOO laughable or remote a concept that Randolph would be a top20 discussion type player, anyways. He has elite skills, and if he had the mentality and mindset to replicate seasons like he just had, I don't see why he wouldn't be hovering around ~20.

Zach obviously isn't, but its just as much due to his inconsistency and dumb personality. Even with his flaws, if he duplicated seasons like last years, and one or two others' he has had through his career, he'd be right in the discussion, as well.

I also don't think Lee is top20. But he's pretty close, and he's not too far off from being able to cement himself firmly in that upper range.

Factor in his age and durability, and that gives him a boost in overall "franchise"-like rankings, "who'd you rather have now and for the next 5 years you run a team".

metrocard

Legend
These are some of the worst list I've seen.

Tier 1
1. LeBron James
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Chris Paul

Tier 2
6. Kevin Durant
7. Deron Williams
8. Tim Duncan
9. Paul Gasol
10. Brandon Roy

Tier 3
11. Amare Stoudimire
12. Chris Bosh
13. Steve Nash
14. Dirk Nowitzski
15. Carmelo Anthony

Tier 4
16. Russel Westbrook
17. Derrick Rose
18. Kevin Garnett
19. Rajon Rondo
20. Yao Ming (healthy)

These are some of the worst list I've seen.

Tier 1
1. LeBron James
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Chris Paul

Tier 2
6. Kevin Durant
7. Deron Williams
8. Tim Duncan
9. Paul Gasol
10. Brandon Roy

Tier 3
11. Amare Stoudimire
12. Chris Bosh
13. Steve Nash
14. Dirk Nowitzski
15. Carmelo Anthony

Tier 4
16. Russel Westbrook
17. Derrick Rose
18. Kevin Garnett
19. Rajon Rondo
20. Yao Ming (healthy)

First of all that list is insane!

LeBron, Dwight, and Wade all before Kobe and Kevin Durant??????

Carmelo Anthony is number 15?????

Sir are you high?

Tier 1
1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwayne Wade
3. LeBron James
4. Kevin Durant
5. Carmelo Anthony

Tier 2
6. Dwight Howard
7. Deron Williams
8. Dirk Nowitzski
9. Paul Gasol
10. Brandon Roy

Tier 3
11. Amare Stoudimire
12. Josh Smith
13. Steve Nash
14. Chris Bosh
15. Derrick Rose

Tier 4
16. Russel Westbrook
17. Chauncey Billups
18. Luis Scola
19. Rajon Rondo
20. Yao Ming (healthy)

N?8 (WunderDirk) is a great player, but he will never win anything as a leader..i see him as a Pippen style of player, a super n?2 to a Superstar.

N?18 (Scola) some of you will laugh at this, but i feel he is the most underrated player in the league...i would love to have him in my team, even in a pickup game, 100% hustler, good hands, IQ, pity that our Lord did not give him 5 more inches...he would have been a heck of a player at 6'11 or 7'.....

metrocard

Legend
First of all that list is insane!

LeBron, Dwight, and Wade all before Kobe and Kevin Durant??????

Carmelo Anthony is number 15?????

Sir are you high?

Why are you even posting or making threads? Your list should get you banned from this site.

Dwight Howard is the best defensive and rebounding big man in the NBA, along with his 20 ppg and his unlimited potential. He's in my top 3.

LeBron and Wade are better than Kobe right now. Wade/LeBron are entering their prime. Kobe is leaving his prime.

Carmelo Anthony is a great scorer, nothing else.

and anyone who puts Bosh and Amare over Pau and Tim are morons who don't know about two way basketball. Gasol and Duncan are high IQ players offensively and defensively, where as Bosh and Amare are just scoring big men.

Westbrook is better than Rose right now.

Luis Scola isn't better than Al Horford David Lee or Zach Randolph....he shouldn't even be in the top 30.

Paul1355

All Star
Al Horford?!
a throw in, since Centers are so rare in the league I felt Horford was one of the main reasons the Hawks got into the playoffs.

He averaged over 14 points and 10 rebounds per game with over a block and over 2 assists while playsing 35 min which is alot for most centers and will only get better.

Not bad maybe Lopez should have been in there instead of Horford.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Kobe
Lebron
Durant
Chris Paul
Dwayne Wade
Derron Williams
Pau Gasol
Dwight Howard
Melo
Steve Nash
Amare
Brandon Roy
Dirk
Rajon Rondo
Chris Bosh
Duncan
Derrick Rose
David Lee
Tyreke Evans
Al Horford

You actually put Deron Williams ahead of Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard??? And where's the center from Milwaukee? You really are lost when it comes to rating players Paul..:smokin: Bogut is better than Evans and Horford and D.Lee...

smokes

Huge Member
a throw in, since Centers are so rare in the league I felt Horford was one of the main reasons the Hawks got into the playoffs.

He averaged over 14 points and 10 rebounds per game with over a block and over 2 assists while playsing 35 min which is alot for most centers and will only get better.

Not bad maybe Lopez should have been in there instead of Horford.

I get what you mean about centers. But still in terms of quality on that Hawks team I would rate Josh Smith above Al Horford.

Paul1355

All Star
You actually put Deron Williams ahead of Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard??? And where's the center from Milwaukee? You really are lost when it comes to rating players Paul..:smokin: Bogut is better than Evans and Horford and D.Lee...
ANDREW BOGUT! i forgot about that guy....your right ronoranina i missed a good player...Bogut was awesome last year...he would have to be right under Amare in my list.

And yes Derron Williams can be argued to be the best PG in the NBA.
Pau Gasol did nothing with the Grizzlies so I can't rate him higher than Williams and Dwight Howard needs to develop an offensive game and hit some free throws for me to put him any higher, many centers in the 90's would have owned Dwight...Hakeen Olojuwan, Ewing, would have crapped all over Dwight.

I will still keep Lee at 20, Lee is under rated and would def be on anyone's top 20 if he was on a better team in his career.