WHY I STILL cant see Melo becoming a Net in a trade situation

New New York

Quiet Storm
Or at least him becoming a Net and signing an extension.

I made a thread earlier talking about how The Nets losing Lopez in a deal would be a step backwards, since then (not because my thread of course) those rumors have let up.

Now the newest Melo to the Nets rumor has them parting ways with Favors and a hand full of picks (plus Murphy to make the numbers work) for Melo.

Now while parting ways with Favors is not the same as losing Brook, it has a similar effect....bottom line the team still is not that good to make Melo want to play there.

Melo wants to play with a team that is going to be able to compete with The Heat year in and out and as much as I like Brook Lopez he does not create the type of partner Melo is looking for to go at the Heat with

Truth be told .500 would be a stretch for them if they traded Favors and got Melo.

Harris
Marrow
Melo
????
Lopez

Melo would be better off in Denver next year!

Melo's wanting to play in Chi. or NY shows he wants to have other star players to be around...and again as much as I like Lopez, he is a All Star caliber player for sure but he isnt drawing Melo to NJ, that would be like Lebron coming to us this past off season because we had David Lee.

Next season NJ has just a good a chance as anyone to nab him as a Free Agent but their ability to trade for him now and get him to sign a 3 year extension is "slimmer than that chick in Calvin Klein pants!"

Anyways sound off!

Paul1355

All Star
Or at least him becoming a Net and signing an extension.

I made a thread earlier talking about how The Nets losing Lopez in a deal would be a step backwards, since then (not because my thread of course) those rumors have let up.

Now the newest Melo to the Nets rumor has them parting ways with Favors and a hand full of picks (plus Murphy to make the numbers work) for Melo.

Now while parting ways with Favors is not the same as losing Brook, it has a similar effect....bottom line the team still is not that good to make Melo want to play there.

Melo wants to play with a team that is going to be able to compete with The Heat year in and out and as much as I like Brook Lopez he does not create the type of partner Melo is looking for to go at the Heat with

Truth be told .500 would be a stretch for them if they traded Favors and got Melo.

Harris
Marrow
Melo
????
Lopez

Melo would be better off in Denver next year!

Melo's wanting to play in Chi. or NY shows he wants to have other star players to be around...and again as much as I like Lopez, he is a All Star caliber player for sure but he isnt drawing Melo to NJ, that would be like Lebron coming to us this past off season because we had David Lee.

Next season NJ has just a good a chance as anyone to nab him as a Free Agent but their ability to trade for him now and get him to sign a 3 year extension is "slimmer than that chick in Calvin Klein pants!"

Anyways sound off!
It really comes down to the package

Nets: Favors, Murphy, two 1st round picks (The Nets have 10 picks over next 3 years)

Knicks: Gallo, Chandler, Curry, Walker, 2014 1st round pick or multiple 2nd round picks

We have the better offer with young players but the Nets have more picks and you only need to look at the Thunder to see what draft picks can do to a bad team, draft picks can solidify a young lineup for a future and built around Anthony just like the Thunder did with Durant, any young player will look good.

moneyg

Starter
ther is no way the nets can trade foe melo and be competitive in the next 5 years and melo would be like 32

New New York

Quiet Storm
It really comes down to the package

Nets: Favors, Murphy, two 1st round picks (The Nets have 10 picks over next 3 years)

Knicks: Gallo, Chandler, Curry, Walker, 2014 1st round pick or multiple 2nd round picks

We have the better offer with young players but the Nets have more picks and you only need to look at the Thunder to see what draft picks can do to a bad team, draft picks can solidify a young lineup for a future and built around Anthony just like the Thunder did with Durant, any young player will look good.

True.....but how easy a pitchi is that for Melo, I mean Durant endured a couple of bad losing seasons and a couple of coaches before his team got to being a first round playoff team

Could Billy King and them get Melo to sign an extension with hopes that his team could eventually be The Thunder all awhile watching Mia. dominating the whole Eastern Conference?

Again he would be better off in Denver than NJ

iSaYughh

Starter
Wat.

Harris
Morrow
Melo
?
Lopez

That's arguably the most desirable 3 and 5 in the NBA, a fringe allstar 1, and a legit sharpshooting 2.

All of whom are young. And the NETS would still have cap if I'm not mistaken.

None of us can read Melo's mind and know how bad he wants NY vs NJ(potentially Brooklyn)...but in terms of just winning...that is a stacked lineup.

Point taken though that Melo might only go to non-NY team IF they aren't just stacked and primed, but 100% juggernaut status right away.

I.e. CHI, maybe, and they have a legit solid appeal geographically, too.

moneyg

Starter
Wat.

Harris
Morrow
Melo
?
Lopez

That's arguably the most desirable 3 and 5 in the NBA, a fringe allstar 1, and a legit sharpshooting 2.

All of whom are young. And the NETS would still have cap if I'm not mistaken.

None of us can read Melo's mind and know how bad he wants NY vs NJ(potentially Brooklyn)...but in terms of just winning...that is a stacked lineup.

Point taken though that Melo might only go to non-NY team IF they aren't just stacked and primed, but 100% juggernaut status right away.

I.e. CHI, maybe, and they have a legit solid appeal geographically, too.

dont like the team.. first of all.. harris is always injured.

morrow is ok.. but really not a bonified starter..

u got melo..hooray

no pf...

and everybody keeps talkin about this lopez bum.... he been ill and couldnt even make team usa.. and who know when this illness strikes again... lopez in mu opinion is an ok canter.. far from an allstar..i mean far

where as denver gots billups and lawson at the 1 and the birdman at the five..with nene

affalo and jr..

u cant be serious.. denver is way better situation

nets will never be marketed like the knicks.. they wont even sell out games...ok....

even when they went to the final..... empty seats..