Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: approved!

Trade Icon approved!

The New York Daily News has reported that Carmelo Anthony has approved a trade to the Nets according to a "reliable source."

The ink has yet to dry on this report but all signs point to him playing for Jay-Z and Mikhail Prokhorov in New Jersey, as NYDN's Stefan Bondy says the deal could go down as early as tomorrow. The implications of the reported four-team trade will be wide-ranging, but Melo's value should remain largely the same, and anybody not named Brook Lopez will see their touches go down proportionately.

Originally Posted by Smooth

The New York Daily News has reported that Carmelo Anthony has approved a trade to the Nets according to a "reliable source."

The ink has yet to dry on this report but all signs point to him playing for Jay-Z and Mikhail Prokhorov in New Jersey, as NYDN's Stefan Bondy says the deal could go down as early as tomorrow. The implications of the reported four-team trade will be wide-ranging, but Melo's value should remain largely the same, and anybody not named Brook Lopez will see their touches go down proportionately.
    I dont believe this. They just wnt to get publicity by saying that an "NBA source" told them. Micheal Kay said yesterday your going to hear crazy rumors throughout the week and most likely none will be true.

Also Donnie needs to get his old ass on the phone! we need him now more then ever to get us this guy!

i agree with what you are saying!

Superstar

I believe it. I have the feeling in my gut when reporst said Lebron will go to Miami.

If the Nets keep Harris and Lopez and add Melo, then they can be better than New York.

Harris
    Morrow
    Melo
    whoever
    Lopez

This makes Melo almost as hated as Lebron to a NY Knick fan.
    Like as if Mark Texiera went to Boston or something like that.

At the same time I'm down I am also optimistic to see how Gallo will do for years to come. With Melo going to NJ, we can see how good Randolph and Gallo will be as Knicks.

And we can also be happy that we don't lost more draft picks for Melo and gut our team.

I would rather Melo on the Nets than on the Bulls.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    If the Nets keep Harris and Lopez and add Melo, then they can be better than New York.

Harris
    Morrow
    Melo
    whoever
    Lopez

This makes Melo almost as hated as Lebron to a NY Knick fan.
    Like as if Mark Texiera went to Boston or something like that.

At the same time I'm down I am also optimistic to see how Gallo will do for years to come. With Melo going to NJ, we can see how good Randolph and Gallo will be as Knicks.

And we can also be happy that we don't lost more draft picks for Melo and gut our team.

I would rather Melo on the Nets than on the Bulls.
    Its true. Ah well. Like I said, I feel really good about what we have in Gallo and AR4. This isnt a huge blow although Melo in NY with Amare wouldve been nice to see.

Screw this B.S. MELO wants to be in NY wearing a Knicks Jersey and playing with his boy Amare and Raymond Felton. This B.S.

According to Alan Hahn he is giving the Knicks till Monday to make a counter offer. If not.......The nets get him ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

This is the most frusterating thing in the world! I have heard more about Eddy curry not getting any fatter today, then Ive heard about Donnie looking for a draft pick! Come on donnie, Im your biggest suporter but you have to do something!

Veteran

At least he didn't wind up in Miami, a 12 win team needs all the help they can get but if they trade Harris they are maybe 20 games better. So much for the notion that he wanted to go to a winning team, looks he sold out and went for money and location.

Thumbs up

Donnie and D'ant were resigned to not getting Melo two days ago, or couldn't you tell..

It's over.

what's the answer here?

gotta give props to Carmelo for going to Jersey and doing this for his broad, it will no doubt help that skank's career in the hip hop world playing alongside HOV.

guess you guys are jumping ship to the BK Nets?

here is Dolan's golden opportunity to fire Walsh now and bring Isiah back. Walsh goes down as the most overrated underachiever president in Knicks history.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    here is Dolan's golden opportunity to fire Walsh now and bring Isiah back. Walsh goes down as the most overrated underachiever president in Knicks history.
    Isiah? The man who tried to punk Melo once as a coach? Using Mardy Collins as a thug?

"Melo, dont go near the basket."

Yea im sure Melo wants to play for Isiah