Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Filed: Nets and Nuggets in "serious" talks for Carmelo

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

on paper, Nets look like the WORST ball handling team in the league. They're full of big men and wing players.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Farmer is a role playing PG.
    Morrow is an excellent shooter, as well Murphy...they can stretch the floor, plus Murphy can give you 10+ rebounds.

Lopez is an all star center.

Thats not a bad team at all.

This is great news.
    I'm happy we get to keep our team, thats important to me.
    There an okay team... But nothing more then a 7th /8th seed. If i'm Melo i'd hold out alittle just to make sure i can't end up in a better situation (not necesarrily NY). He saw what the Heat did and he knows that Net squad can't compete with them.

Superstar

Default Melo

It seems clear to me that Melo does not want to risk a contract under the new CBA. He wants his max contract now. I do not think he will refuse to sign with the Nets. He and LaLa get to live and play in the Big Apple, It is a short work commute to New Jersey and it will be shorter in a couple of years when the Nets have relocated to Brooklyn.

Phokorov will get this done. He needs to make a splash and this is the best opportunity currently available.

I think we will be fine without Melo, but he will put the Nets in the spotlight and make them a much better team than they were last year

Veteran

Well there's not much the Nets can do to NOT be better than they were last year.

Seriously they were so damned awful...and the only new addition to their cast who's any good is Favors! Does Carmelo REALLY think that that team has any potential?

I want Melo... But i'd be happy with him going to a Nets team that would be giving up Favors and Harris. The Nets would be better but far from a power house. I'd been more worried about him going to Chi Town or Orlando.

We'll see what happens. I can't imagine this deal happening until atleast next week.

Veteran

This should be a reality check to all those who "think" the Knicks have this great "stockpile" of young talent. NBA GM's and insiders have spoken and all this young isn't worth superstar talent the likes of Melo. And yes, Melo is a superstar. The market has spoken. Get outta this bubble-bizarro world known as KO.com every now and again guys.

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    This should be a reality check to all those who "think" the Knicks have this great "stockpile" of young talent. NBA GM's and insiders have spoken and all this young isn't worth superstar talent the likes of Melo. And yes, Melo is a superstar. The market has spoken. Get outta this bubble-bizarro world known as KO.com every now and again guys.
    Well the Nets offered up the #3 pick in this past draft and basically are blowing up their whole team (losing also Devin Harris)...The Nuggets wanted Gallo and AR (basically our version of Harris + Favors) plus draft picks (like the Nets offered). If we offered Gallo and AR that would have gotten it done but Donnie didn't want to blow the team up.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Well the Nets offered up the #3 pick in this past draft and basically are blowing up their whole team (losing also Devin Harris)...The Nuggets wanted Gallo and AR (basically our version of Harris + Favors) plus draft picks (like the Nets offered). If we offered Gallo and AR that would have gotten it done but Donnie didn't want to blow the team up.
    Yeah I agree with you there. The only reason The Nets want him so bad is because they need to sell tickets.

after thinking about it further i dont think he would agree to go to New Jersey. This thing might just go as far as them putting the extension in front of Mello and him going

"Nope! i dont care how much momney you give me, Im not going to New Jersey!"

It actually might work in our favor, Maybe it will go into the Preseason and we will have a chance to showcase our young talent.

Really all we need is a 2011 Draft Pick and we can get Mello.

Hey anyobdy think the Clippers would take Azzabukie for there pick next year?

Veteran

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    When you have a bad team like the Nets had last year, that's what you do: blow it up. The Nets GM is smart enough to know that. Donnie is trying to sell Knicks fans a "bill of goods" that this team is already talented enough to compete in an already stacked East. Wrong answer. Anybody who believes that BS is a SUCKA....On Chiefs!!!( 2-0 sipping red Kool-aid!!!)

When you have a bad team like the Nets had last year, that's what you do: blow it up. The Nets GM is smart enough to know that. Donnie is trying to sell Knicks fans a "bill of goods" that this team is already talented enough to compete in an already stacked East. Wrong answer. Anybody who believes that BS is a SUCKA....On Chiefs!!!( 2-0 sipping red Kool-aid!!!)
    The Nets GM's big offseason acquisitions were Travis Outlaw and Jordan Farmar. Ours were Amare Stoudemire, Anthony Randolph and Raymond Felton...We are in a much different situation than the Nets.

Superstar

We did blow up our team. 10 new players on the knicks. Who knew Carmelo would force a trade this summer. We were banking on him leaving next summer.

Melo will not sign the extension before he's traded. He may end up with the Nets but he may wait for the CBA results b4 signing.

But I believe Melo will be a knick.

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Ok also i would like everyone on this site who is a member of any Religion to start praying now! I forgot to do it before the Decision and look what happened.

I Dont care if your Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Islamic, Scientologest, or Australian, START PRAYING! and if your an Athiest just cross your fingers and do a dance or something.
    Hahaha are u serious ? Pray for what man ? whats wrong with you dude ?

dont take these things to heart bro u probably young u need to live a long life...

Take care and relax

Veteran

Originally Posted by Blumatic
    We did blow up our team. 10 new players on the knicks. Who knew Carmelo would force a trade this summer. We were banking on him leaving next summer.

Melo will not sign the extension before he's traded. He may end up with the Nets but he may wait for the CBA results b4 signing.

But I believe Melo will be a knick.
    I see your point. I guess when I say blow up, that means NOBODY is UNTOUCHABLE, that includes Gallo. Instead we gave away our best player for scraps, got a second tier star, and then grabbed a bunch more scraps. I could be wrong, but this team as currently put together will struggle greatly in a much improved east. Playoffs, you wanna talk about PLAYOFFS???

If this really goes down then I hope that this site isn't polluted by 1,000,000 anti-melo threads. We all went through this before. I'm just ready for MY Knicks to hit the court and start causing problems. Our team is filled with attitude and swag and all this talk is just fueling our fire.

I see your point. I guess when I say blow up, that means NOBODY is UNTOUCHABLE, that includes Gallo. Instead we gave away our best player for scraps, got a second tier star, and then grabbed a bunch more scraps. I could be wrong, but this team as currently put together will struggle greatly in a much improved east. Playoffs, you wanna talk about PLAYOFFS???
    There was nobody besides STAT that was untouchable (and the guys like Felton who we couldn't package). The issue was sending Gallo AND Randolph AND picks...Walsh did not want to send all 3 but was willing to send Gallo OR Randolph along with any picks he had.