Just Filed: Nets and Nuggets in "serious" talks for Carmelo

jimkcchief88

All Star
This should be a reality check to all those who "think" the Knicks have this great "stockpile" of young talent. NBA GM's and insiders have spoken and all this young isn't worth superstar talent the likes of Melo. And yes, Melo is a superstar. The market has spoken. Get outta this bubble-bizarro world known as KO.com every now and again guys.

KBlack25

Starter
This should be a reality check to all those who "think" the Knicks have this great "stockpile" of young talent. NBA GM's and insiders have spoken and all this young isn't worth superstar talent the likes of Melo. And yes, Melo is a superstar. The market has spoken. Get outta this bubble-bizarro world known as KO.com every now and again guys.

Well the Nets offered up the #3 pick in this past draft and basically are blowing up their whole team (losing also Devin Harris)...The Nuggets wanted Gallo and AR (basically our version of Harris + Favors) plus draft picks (like the Nets offered). If we offered Gallo and AR that would have gotten it done but Donnie didn't want to blow the team up.

Well the Nets offered up the #3 pick in this past draft and basically are blowing up their whole team (losing also Devin Harris)...The Nuggets wanted Gallo and AR (basically our version of Harris + Favors) plus draft picks (like the Nets offered). If we offered Gallo and AR that would have gotten it done but Donnie didn't want to blow the team up.
Yeah I agree with you there. The only reason The Nets want him so bad is because they need to sell tickets.

after thinking about it further i dont think he would agree to go to New Jersey. This thing might just go as far as them putting the extension in front of Mello and him going

"Nope! i dont care how much momney you give me, Im not going to New Jersey!"

It actually might work in our favor, Maybe it will go into the Preseason and we will have a chance to showcase our young talent.

Really all we need is a 2011 Draft Pick and we can get Mello.

Hey anyobdy think the Clippers would take Azzabukie for there pick next year?

jimkcchief88

All Star

When you have a bad team like the Nets had last year, that's what you do: blow it up. The Nets GM is smart enough to know that. Donnie is trying to sell Knicks fans a "bill of goods" that this team is already talented enough to compete in an already stacked East. Wrong answer. Anybody who believes that BS is a SUCKA....On Chiefs!!!( 2-0 sipping red Kool-aid!!!)

KBlack25

Starter
When you have a bad team like the Nets had last year, that's what you do: blow it up. The Nets GM is smart enough to know that. Donnie is trying to sell Knicks fans a "bill of goods" that this team is already talented enough to compete in an already stacked East. Wrong answer. Anybody who believes that BS is a SUCKA....On Chiefs!!!( 2-0 sipping red Kool-aid!!!)

The Nets GM's big offseason acquisitions were Travis Outlaw and Jordan Farmar. Ours were Amare Stoudemire, Anthony Randolph and Raymond Felton...We are in a much different situation than the Nets.

Blumatic

Rotation player

We did blow up our team. 10 new players on the knicks. Who knew Carmelo would force a trade this summer. We were banking on him leaving next summer.

Melo will not sign the extension before he's traded. He may end up with the Nets but he may wait for the CBA results b4 signing.

But I believe Melo will be a knick.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Ok also i would like everyone on this site who is a member of any Religion to start praying now! I forgot to do it before the Decision and look what happened.

I Dont care if your Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Islamic, Scientologest, or Australian, START PRAYING! and if your an Athiest just cross your fingers and do a dance or something.

Hahaha are u serious ? Pray for what man ? whats wrong with you dude ?

dont take these things to heart bro u probably young u need to live a long life...

Take care and relax

jimkcchief88

All Star
We did blow up our team. 10 new players on the knicks. Who knew Carmelo would force a trade this summer. We were banking on him leaving next summer.

Melo will not sign the extension before he's traded. He may end up with the Nets but he may wait for the CBA results b4 signing.

But I believe Melo will be a knick.

I see your point. I guess when I say blow up, that means NOBODY is UNTOUCHABLE, that includes Gallo. Instead we gave away our best player for scraps, got a second tier star, and then grabbed a bunch more scraps. I could be wrong, but this team as currently put together will struggle greatly in a much improved east. Playoffs, you wanna talk about PLAYOFFS???

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
If this really goes down then I hope that this site isn't polluted by 1,000,000 anti-melo threads. We all went through this before. I'm just ready for MY Knicks to hit the court and start causing problems. Our team is filled with attitude and swag and all this talk is just fueling our fire.

KBlack25

Starter
I see your point. I guess when I say blow up, that means NOBODY is UNTOUCHABLE, that includes Gallo. Instead we gave away our best player for scraps, got a second tier star, and then grabbed a bunch more scraps. I could be wrong, but this team as currently put together will struggle greatly in a much improved east. Playoffs, you wanna talk about PLAYOFFS???

There was nobody besides STAT that was untouchable (and the guys like Felton who we couldn't package). The issue was sending Gallo AND Randolph AND picks...Walsh did not want to send all 3 but was willing to send Gallo OR Randolph along with any picks he had.

elcol

Rotation player
jimkccheif:

do i need to do the math?

we lost: david lee, 20ppg 10rpg
we gained: azu, turiaf, and randolph
we gained: amare stoudamire 20ppg 10rpg.
stat based only: david lee = amare
so its safe to say we have a david lee and 3 new players, 1 who plays defence, 1 role player, and 1 max potential player.

how in the hell is this a bad off season

chris duhon < raymond felton, simple as that.

so what have we really lost here? al harrington? don't be such a pessimistic brat in every single post you make. KO.com is not for proving your intellectual prowess, its about talking knicks basketball.

Comprende?

New New York

Quiet Storm
he is better off in Denver

leaving a solid team in The Nuggest just to be contenders for The 8th seed in a weak East?

Sounds kinda dumb!

Anyword if he will sign an extension

Paul1355

All Star
Mark Stein's Twitter:

Just filed to ESPN.com: Nuggets in "serious" discussions on four-way trade w/New Jersey, Utah and Charlotte that would make Melo a Net

Proposed deal, according to sources, would bring Derrick Favors, Andrei Kirilenko and multiple first-rounders to DEN for Melo. Link on way

Other contracts would surely be added to make such a deal work but current proposal also would send Devin Harris to CHA and Diaw to UTAH

UPDATE:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5610989

Link to the story.
whatever, just let it happen....the Nets can have Melo...I think we have tried to get this guy as much as we can....the Nuggets insult us with saying that our team has no assets....screw them I hope our "assets" kick the crap out of the them this season.....I would rather save the money for Chris Paul or Derron Williams in 2012

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
this is a lose lose for sure... we don't need melo across town and i disagree with the don't trade a.r. and gallo. they "might" become stars... melo has got it done at all levels he has played at and would complement stat and felton perfectly. donnie get it done... stop f'n around with your "plan".

nyk_nyk

All Star
If he ends up in NJ then so be it. At least he made it know that he wanted to come here but unfortunately he's not a FA and we had to bargain with DEN to make it happen. We just don't have all the right pieces for the deal and that's ok because we have future cap relief and can upgrade again next season.

I respect Melo for at least trying to play here and not making it a damn daytime drama like the former king did.

Also, its obvious there's doubt in his mind about doing the NJ deal or else it would have been officially confirmed by ESPN. Newspapers are claiming its done but I haven't seen anything official yet.

petescud

Starter
I just read Melo OK'd the trade to the Nets. So as i stated earlier, its him and Lopez and Troy. So instead of 10 wins like last year (I know i'm off) they win 18 this year. Guess Carmelo doesn't have the fire to win. Guess this is one of the main things that separates the Melo's from the Jordan's.

petescud

Starter
I just read Melo OK'd the trade to the Nets. So as i stated earlier, its him and Lopez and Troy. So instead of 10 wins like last year (I know i'm off) they win 18 this year. Guess Carmelo doesn't have the fire to win. Guess this is one of the main things that separates the Melo's from the Jordan's.
He only did this for his wife's career. Guess he no longer care's about his

mafra

Legend
Melo probably feels like he can carry the Nets; and soon he'll have a shot at Deron Williams or Chris Paul. I doubt he feels like he's signing on playing with a loser.

He has to know it's an uphill climb, and they need more pieces....

BUt, to me, this is foolish. Just wait one more year and join a loaded Knicks team. Obviously, playing with Amar'e and in MSG isn't as necessary as getting his cash and getting out of DEN.

I would prefer trading for Melo.... BUt I don't think I would do it if it means getting rid of both Gallo and Randolph. Call me crazy.

I know Melo is a monster. Can carry you offensively. But he plays little to zero defense and is a volumn shooter.

Hey, if push comes to shove. ALL I have to do is trade Randolph for a 1st rounder, and then trade Curry-Gallo with that 1st rounder to DEN....

Interesting.

You know Thomas is pushing for this deal. Get rid of Walsh players. Look like the hero.

I guess you have to make that trade. Knicks will win some games, but are they championship caliber?

Would the future be better served.... in 3 years.... if Gallo-Randolph reach their potential?

Tough choices.

jimkcchief88

All Star
jimkccheif:

do i need to do the math?

we lost: david lee, 20ppg 10rpg
we gained: azu, turiaf, and randolph
we gained: amare stoudamire 20ppg 10rpg.
stat based only: david lee = amare
so its safe to say we have a david lee and 3 new players, 1 who plays defence, 1 role player, and 1 max potential player.

how in the hell is this a bad off season

chris duhon < raymond felton, simple as that.

so what have we really lost here? al harrington? don't be such a pessimistic brat in every single post you make. KO.com is not for proving your intellectual prowess, its about talking knicks basketball.

Comprende?

Let me do a little math for you amigo:

We lost one 20/10 who had hustle, durability, and heart and pick up another 20/10 who's older, been injured, and the Suns didn't want

We picked up the end of the Golden State bench

We picked up the 23rd ranked PG in the league and unwanted by LB

BTW Al Harrington and D. Lee were 40% of the Knicks offense last year

And the rest of the East got WAY better. If Melo goes to the Nets the defeat will be complete.

So we suffered through 3 years of crap to get STAT and the castoffs???

You think I'm a brat, but wait until the losses start mounting up. D'ant will lose control of this young team faster than you can say "peanut" and them cats will be fighting like a bunch of little school girls for pt and shots. Trust me you can't bring kool-aid to a gin party and you can't compete in a more talented East with smoke and mirrors. Off to sip Chiefs kool-aid(rebuilding is possible).

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Latest news has it that the deal for Carmelo to the Nets is UNLIKELY. From TKB:
Source: Melo To Nets “Unlikely”

By Myles A. Mills on Sep 26, 2010, 2:17 pm
A source close to the situation has informed TKB that the proposed deal that would bring Carmelo Anthony to the Nets and send Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, and a first round pick to the Nuggets is, at this point, “Unlikely.”
“If the deal doesn’t go through by tomorrow, I doubt it get’s done,” said the source.
The Nuggets appear to be the reason why the chances of the deal occurring are dwindling. Not only are they scared to trade the unhappy superstar, but they are also “using the deal as leverage to get a better offer.”
The source also added that the four-way trade is “so complicated,” that the longer this drags on “the more likely it is that it falls apart.”
It is no secret that Carmelo’s first choice is the Knicks, and a source told TKB that Melo to the Knicks “could happen” if Donnie Walsh is willing to package both Anthony Randolph and Danilo Gallinari in a deal.
It is important to note that Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, and a first round pick is the exact package that the Nets would have sent to New Orleans for Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor as TKB reported back in June, but Thorn refused to give up a shot at Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, or Chris Bosh by taking on Emeka Okafor’s contract

And similar news from Adrian Wojnarowski:
As Carmelo Anthony(notes) implored Denver management to keep exploring deals that would land him with the New York Knicks, the blockbuster trade that would’ve sent the All-Star forward to the New Jersey Nets has reached a perilous crossroads, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Saturday night.
Anthony’s willingness to accept a contract extension with the Nets has begun to deteriorate over the weekend, and sources said at least some part of his uneasiness has come from conversations with former Nets players around the league. Despite the Nets’ new ownership and a new arena, Anthony has been regaled with tales of empty seats, fan apathy and second-class citizenship in the shadows of the Knicks and Madison Square Garden. Already, he had been uneager about joining a team that wasn’t close to contention.