Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just Filed: Nets and Nuggets in "serious" talks for Carmelo

jimkccheif:

do i need to do the math?

we lost: david lee, 20ppg 10rpg
    we gained: azu, turiaf, and randolph
    we gained: amare stoudamire 20ppg 10rpg.
    stat based only: david lee = amare
    so its safe to say we have a david lee and 3 new players, 1 who plays defence, 1 role player, and 1 max potential player.

how in the hell is this a bad off season

chris duhon < raymond felton, simple as that.

so what have we really lost here? al harrington? don't be such a pessimistic brat in every single post you make. KO.com is not for proving your intellectual prowess, its about talking knicks basketball.

Comprende?

he is better off in Denver

leaving a solid team in The Nuggest just to be contenders for The 8th seed in a weak East?

Sounds kinda dumb!

Anyword if he will sign an extension

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Mark Stein's Twitter:

Just filed to ESPN.com: Nuggets in "serious" discussions on four-way trade w/New Jersey, Utah and Charlotte that would make Melo a Net

Proposed deal, according to sources, would bring Derrick Favors, Andrei Kirilenko and multiple first-rounders to DEN for Melo. Link on way

Other contracts would surely be added to make such a deal work but current proposal also would send Devin Harris to CHA and Diaw to UTAH

UPDATE:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Link to the story.
    whatever, just let it happen....the Nets can have Melo...I think we have tried to get this guy as much as we can....the Nuggets insult us with saying that our team has no assets....screw them I hope our "assets" kick the crap out of the them this season.....I would rather save the money for Chris Paul or Derron Williams in 2012

this is a lose lose for sure... we don't need melo across town and i disagree with the don't trade a.r. and gallo. they "might" become stars... melo has got it done at all levels he has played at and would complement stat and felton perfectly. donnie get it done... stop f'n around with your "plan".

If he ends up in NJ then so be it. At least he made it know that he wanted to come here but unfortunately he's not a FA and we had to bargain with DEN to make it happen. We just don't have all the right pieces for the deal and that's ok because we have future cap relief and can upgrade again next season.

I respect Melo for at least trying to play here and not making it a damn daytime drama like the former king did.

Also, its obvious there's doubt in his mind about doing the NJ deal or else it would have been officially confirmed by ESPN. Newspapers are claiming its done but I haven't seen anything official yet.

I just read Melo OK'd the trade to the Nets. So as i stated earlier, its him and Lopez and Troy. So instead of 10 wins like last year (I know i'm off) they win 18 this year. Guess Carmelo doesn't have the fire to win. Guess this is one of the main things that separates the Melo's from the Jordan's.

Originally Posted by petescud
    I just read Melo OK'd the trade to the Nets. So as i stated earlier, its him and Lopez and Troy. So instead of 10 wins like last year (I know i'm off) they win 18 this year. Guess Carmelo doesn't have the fire to win. Guess this is one of the main things that separates the Melo's from the Jordan's.
    He only did this for his wife's career. Guess he no longer care's about his

Melo probably feels like he can carry the Nets; and soon he'll have a shot at Deron Williams or Chris Paul. I doubt he feels like he's signing on playing with a loser.

He has to know it's an uphill climb, and they need more pieces....

BUt, to me, this is foolish. Just wait one more year and join a loaded Knicks team. Obviously, playing with Amar'e and in MSG isn't as necessary as getting his cash and getting out of DEN.

I would prefer trading for Melo.... BUt I don't think I would do it if it means getting rid of both Gallo and Randolph. Call me crazy.

I know Melo is a monster. Can carry you offensively. But he plays little to zero defense and is a volumn shooter.

Hey, if push comes to shove. ALL I have to do is trade Randolph for a 1st rounder, and then trade Curry-Gallo with that 1st rounder to DEN....

Interesting.

You know Thomas is pushing for this deal. Get rid of Walsh players. Look like the hero.

I guess you have to make that trade. Knicks will win some games, but are they championship caliber?

Would the future be better served.... in 3 years.... if Gallo-Randolph reach their potential?

Tough choices.

Veteran

Originally Posted by elcol
    jimkccheif:

do i need to do the math?

we lost: david lee, 20ppg 10rpg
    we gained: azu, turiaf, and randolph
    we gained: amare stoudamire 20ppg 10rpg.
    stat based only: david lee = amare
    so its safe to say we have a david lee and 3 new players, 1 who plays defence, 1 role player, and 1 max potential player.

how in the hell is this a bad off season

chris duhon < raymond felton, simple as that.

so what have we really lost here? al harrington? don't be such a pessimistic brat in every single post you make. KO.com is not for proving your intellectual prowess, its about talking knicks basketball.

Comprende?
    Let me do a little math for you amigo:

We lost one 20/10 who had hustle, durability, and heart and pick up another 20/10 who's older, been injured, and the Suns didn't want

We picked up the end of the Golden State bench

We picked up the 23rd ranked PG in the league and unwanted by LB

BTW Al Harrington and D. Lee were 40% of the Knicks offense last year

And the rest of the East got WAY better. If Melo goes to the Nets the defeat will be complete.

So we suffered through 3 years of crap to get STAT and the castoffs???

You think I'm a brat, but wait until the losses start mounting up. D'ant will lose control of this young team faster than you can say "peanut" and them cats will be fighting like a bunch of little school girls for pt and shots. Trust me you can't bring kool-aid to a gin party and you can't compete in a more talented East with smoke and mirrors. Off to sip Chiefs kool-aid(rebuilding is possible).

Veteran

Latest news has it that the deal for Carmelo to the Nets is UNLIKELY. From TKB:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

By Myles A. Mills on Sep 26, 2010, 2:17 pm
    A source close to the situation has informed TKB that the proposed deal that would bring Carmelo Anthony to the Nets and send Derrick Favors, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], and a first round pick to the Nuggets is, at this point, “Unlikely.”
    “If the deal doesn’t go through by tomorrow, I doubt it get’s done,” said the source.
    The Nuggets appear to be the reason why the chances of the deal occurring are dwindling. Not only are they scared to trade the unhappy superstar, but they are also “using the deal as leverage to get a better offer.”
    The source also added that the four-way trade is “so complicated,” that the longer this drags on “the more likely it is that it falls apart.”
    It is no secret that Carmelo’s first choice is the Knicks, and a source told TKB that Melo to the Knicks “could happen” if Donnie Walsh is willing to package both Anthony Randolph and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in a deal.
    It is important to note that Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, and a first round pick is the exact package that the Nets would have sent to New Orleans for Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor as TKB reported back in June, but Thorn refused to give up a shot at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Dwyane Wade, or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] by taking on Emeka Okafor’s contract
    And similar news from Adrian Wojnarowski:
    As [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] implored Denver management to keep exploring deals that would land him with the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], the blockbuster trade that would’ve sent the All-Star forward to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] has reached a perilous crossroads, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Saturday night.
    Anthony’s willingness to accept a contract extension with the Nets has begun to deteriorate over the weekend, and sources said at least some part of his uneasiness has come from conversations with former Nets players around the league. Despite the Nets’ new ownership and a new arena, Anthony has been regaled with tales of empty seats, fan apathy and second-class citizenship in the shadows of the Knicks and Madison Square Garden. Already, he had been uneager about joining a team that wasn’t close to contention.

Veteran

Wow. Forgot NJ nixed that one.

CP3
    Morrow
    Terrence
    Emeka
    Lopez

That NJ banked so hard on the slim possibility of Lebron (or Wade), kinda underscores and rationalizes Walsh's efforts some.

Biggest gamble in Knick history coming up if Walsh doesn't aggressively shop a Gallo-AR package.