Thread: Isola reporting Knicks still working on Melo

Hybrid View

Veteran

Default Isola reporting Knicks still working on Melo

Knicks discussing with Rockets possibility of swapping 1st round pick for AR. Isiah is supposedly advising swapping Randolph and Gallo for Melo to get the deal done. I know you guys hate this move and I do also but Melo's trade value is worth two unproven young players that have potential.

It would be ironic if we got Jeffries back in this deal.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Nets are closing in on a four-team deal to acquire Anthony from the Nuggets, but until the deal becomes official, the Knicks aren't entirely out of the picture. If Anthony declines to sign an extension with the Nets, the deal is off. And if Anthony plays out the season and enters free agency, the Knicks would be the clear favorites to sign him.

However, the Knicks could also be in position to acquire Anthony via a trade if team president Donnie Walsh can find a first-round pick to include in a potential deal. The Knicks traded their 2012 first-round pick to the Rockets in the Tracy McGrady deal, a decision that Walsh admitted that he now second-guesses. League rules prohibit teams from trading their own first-round picks in consecutive years.

The Knicks conceivably can trade a player for a first-round pick, and there is some interest around the league for Anthony Randolph, the third-year forward who came to New York in the David Lee sign-and-trade with Golden State. According to a source, the Rockets would consider trading a first-round pick for Randolph.

Id rather trade Gallo..

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Id rather trade Gallo..
    agreed

Melo is a pure 3 and so is Gallo...if you have Gallo and Melo on the same team then you will have two guys chucking the ball with one out of position.

Randolph is more versatile and can play a 3 as well as a 4.....I don't like this move.

In a way we basically are getting Carmelo Anthony for nothing since David Lee could have easily been signed by a team in free agency with us getting nothing. So really we are getting Melo for nothing, but we have a gem in Randolph and he wants to play here and would explode on the scene.

I am kind of down to here this.

But Frank Isola isn't that great with reports, I would trust Alan Hahn, David Aldridge, Chris Broussard, Tommy Dee anyday over Isola's crazy ideas.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    agreed

Melo is a pure 3 and so is Gallo...if you have Gallo and Melo on the same team then you will have two guys chucking the ball with one out of position.

Randolph is more versatile and can play a 3 as well as a 4.....I don't like this move.

In a way we basically are getting Carmelo Anthony for nothing since David Lee could have easily been signed by a team in free agency with us getting nothing. So really we are getting Melo for nothing, but we have a gem in Randolph and he wants to play here and would explode on the scene.

I am kind of down to here this.

But Frank Isola isn't that great with reports, I would trust Alan Hahn, David Aldridge, Chris Broussard, Tommy Dee anyday over Isola's crazy ideas.
    Yeah man. I mean Gallo could be good one day, but right now his sole strength is his spot up shooting, and you can find those guys anywhere..

Randolph does so many other things well and is like you said very versatile and athletic a 6'11. His potential is UNLIMITED. It'd really suck giving him up even if it mean Melo.

You think anyone would give us a 1st rounder for Azzy, or Bill Walker and Second rounders?

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    You think anyone would give us a 1st rounder for Azzy, or Bill Walker and Second rounders?
    azzy is out of any potential moves until he starts playing some games....a 1st round can be dealt for Chandler hopefully, I would do that, trade Chandler for a first round pick, Randolph and Gallo are too valuable and no one else would be worth a 1st round pick that I would trade