Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: Isola reporting Knicks still working on Melo

  1. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    I thought Lebron was indecisive about the team he wanted to play for until Pat Riley showed him his 5 championship rings in the meeting that they had.Didn't Lebron call Amar'e a couple days before his decision and told him to prepare himself for a possible announcement about playing for the Knicks?
    The most conclusive and "final" report I read on all this...was that up until a day before EVERYONE in the know expected him to come to us. Including Lebron's advisors and top managers. They all thought it was best, and made the most sense. Just like so many of us.

    At the "last minute" Lebron suddenly acted like an emo schoolgirl and just said he eas going to MIA to play it safe with his superstar friends and under Riley.

    The unknown is what was going on IN lebron's head, truly, even as he was acting behind closed doors like he was in essential agreement with his advisors and management.

    Was he too embarrassed to admit to what he wanted, and why he wanted to do it? And waited till the very end to avoid their rebuke...

    Or did he simply show his truest of colors when the time finally came. (this, IMO, above all else).

    He isn't a killer in the mold of Kobe, let alone MJ, or so many other hyper competitive greats with a mean streak. He's different.

    And he took the safer, less stressful route with less personal expectations he'd have to fulfill.

    It's ironic that while going to MIA he may very well have created the best way to WIN, but he also abandoned the essence of competitiveness and domination-I Own The World Instinct- that is so fundamental to A Winner.

  2. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,396
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Latest out of Denver is that the Nuggets are stalling, what looked like a deal that would be done by Monday will probably not be, the Nuggets are waiting for better offers than the Nets offer and the Nets would like Augustin from the Bobcats to replace Harris. Donnie may be able to slip in here but Gallo and Randolph are gone IMO if he wants to nab Melo.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by tiger0330; Sep 26, 2010 at 10:01.

  3. #18
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Carmelo

    If Donnie is willing to trade both Gallo and Chandler, and perhaps others, then maybe we are still in the mix for Carmelo. I do not want this result, but if a deal with the Nets is not done after tomorrow ???

    Basketball, as is the case with most businesses, can be harsh on individuals, but are the Knicks going to trade Gallo, and then go to Milan to play his former team? Not exactly the best PR move internationally. Perhaps the Knicks want to wait until after the European trip to put a proposed deal together.

  4. #19
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Mistake

    Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    If Donnie is willing to trade both Gallo and Chandler, and perhaps others, then maybe we are still in the mix for Carmelo. I do not want this result, but if a deal with the Nets is not done after tomorrow ???

    Basketball, as is the case with most businesses, can be harsh on individuals, but are the Knicks going to trade Gallo, and then go to Milan to play his former team? Not exactly the best PR move internationally. Perhaps the Knicks want to wait until after the European trip to put a proposed deal together.
    Oops! I meant 'both Gallo and Randolph"

  5. #20
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    If Donnie is willing to trade both Gallo and Chandler, and perhaps others, then maybe we are still in the mix for Carmelo. I do not want this result, but if a deal with the Nets is not done after tomorrow ???

    Basketball, as is the case with most businesses, can be harsh on individuals, but are the Knicks going to trade Gallo, and then go to Milan to play his former team? Not exactly the best PR move internationally. Perhaps the Knicks want to wait until after the European trip to put a proposed deal together.
    Very very true!

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,396
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Maybe we can get that 2011 swap of first rounder back from the Rockets as well if we trade Randolph for that 2012 pick. Then toss that in as a sweetener in a package to get Melo.

    The trade would look like this.

    New York gets: Carmelo Anthony, Renaldo Balkman, $1.9M trade exception
    Denver gets: Danilo Gallinari, Eddy Curry, 2012 and 2014 1st rd. pick (2012 from HOU), right to swap 2011 1st rd. picks with NYK
    Houston gets: Anthony Randolph

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The Knicks trading Gallo might not be a good PR move but PR doesn't mean **** if you win a championship.

    Latest news coming out has the trade to the Nets as being UNLIKELY. Carmelo's got a team of advisors around him that's going to tell him to accept the trade - but I think, ultimately, that his heart is with the New York Knicks not just because he wants NY but also because he wants a TITLE, and NY is the best place for him to get one.

    He's thinking that if he holds out and plays out the season in Denver and then joins Felton/Gallo/Amar'e/Randolph in NY that that team has the real potential to be DAMN good.

    Carmelo struggled toe to toe against Gallo and being in the West he knows how much potential Anthony Randolph has - I don't think he's going to accept a trade to NJ just for the hell of it - especially since the Nets with Carmelo (and losing Harris and Favors) are probably still no more than a 30 win team.

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,396
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    The Knicks trading Gallo might not be a good PR move but PR doesn't mean **** if you win a championship.

    Latest news coming out has the trade to the Nets as being UNLIKELY. Carmelo's got a team of advisors around him that's going to tell him to accept the trade - but I think, ultimately, that his heart is with the New York Knicks not just because he wants NY but also because he wants a TITLE, and NY is the best place for him to get one.

    He's thinking that if he holds out and plays out the season in Denver and then joins Felton/Gallo/Amar'e/Randolph in NY that that team has the real potential to be DAMN good.

    Carmelo struggled toe to toe against Gallo and being in the West he knows how much potential Anthony Randolph has - I don't think he's going to accept a trade to NJ just for the hell of it - especially since the Nets with Carmelo (and losing Harris and Favors) are probably still no more than a 30 win team.
    Melo I hope has come to his senses, he's won at every level, I was incredulous that he would sign with a Nets team that might win 30-40 games this year with him on the team. I still see him being traded, he's become a big distraction to the Nugs and they don't want to lose him for nothing. If Melo makes it clear he won't sign the extension to join the Nets they don't get him simple as that. Takes some balls though to turn down 120M though.

  9. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Melo would have the biggest balls in NBA history if he just stonewalled a deal essentially, waded through the year, played hard, and then signed with us.

    Most badass thing I could imagine.

    Felton
    Melo
    Gallo
    Amare
    AR-Moz-Jordan

    Is too filthy for words. I don't think there'd have ever been a lineup so loaded with explosive, insane athleticism.

  10. #25
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    The most conclusive and "final" report I read on all this...was that up until a day before EVERYONE in the know expected him to come to us. Including Lebron's advisors and top managers. They all thought it was best, and made the most sense. Just like so many of us.

    At the "last minute" Lebron suddenly acted like an emo schoolgirl and just said he eas going to MIA to play it safe with his superstar friends and under Riley.

    The unknown is what was going on IN lebron's head, truly, even as he was acting behind closed doors like he was in essential agreement with his advisors and management.

    Was he too embarrassed to admit to what he wanted, and why he wanted to do it? And waited till the very end to avoid their rebuke...

    Or did he simply show his truest of colors when the time finally came. (this, IMO, above all else).

    He isn't a killer in the mold of Kobe, let alone MJ, or so many other hyper competitive greats with a mean streak. He's different.

    And he took the safer, less stressful route with less personal expectations he'd have to fulfill.

    It's ironic that while going to MIA he may very well have created the best way to WIN, but he also abandoned the essence of competitiveness and domination-I Own The World Instinct- that is so fundamental to A Winner.
    I completely agree with you! Lebron James will be known for the rest of his career as Scottie Pippen 2.0, the greatest Robin to ever put on an NBA uniform, and the Lying King.

  11. #26
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I love Gallo as much as the next Knick fan but if we can acquire Melo it is clearly with the "collusion" super-team plan in mind of STAT/Melo/CP3.

    Right now we are a borderline playoff team. We're very far from competing for a title and AR/Gallo/Pick for Melo gets us closer - not immediately since we'll be thin but having two stars on your team is a great start.

  12. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    4

    Default cojones

    thats what we need, a core of players with some major cojones! the NBA needs some badass teams again, and why not let that be us?

  13. #28
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Carmelo and Money

    There is little doubt thatMelo will lose substantial money if he opts out, becomes a free agent and gets whatever "max" contract will be available under the new CBA. I believe, however, that the new max for superstars will still be more than sufficient to keep Melo a multimillionaire for at least as long as he plays. If he and Amar'e bring championships to the garden, the will be heros fo the rest of their lives.

    What a great team we will have if Melo just sticks it out, we keep our potential stars, and he comes to us next year or for a package that does not include either Gallo or Randolph.

  14. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    After all this trade hype and shocking moves made around the league this off season...I'll be really suprised if a small town like Denver let Mello walk away in FA. That would be really stupid of them. There's just too much to loose, a trade is the only way they can get something out of it. They don't want to be in a race for last place with Cleveland in the next couple of years.

Similar Threads

  1. I feel bad for Marbury, having to carry the Celtics
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2010, 17:15
  2. Charles Oakley slams Knicks defense
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Nov 19, 2009, 00:35
  3. Knicks @ 76ers 1/24/09 7:00 PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2009, 22:15
  4. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 23:17
  5. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •