Favorite Authors and Books

For those of you who enjoy reading, what are the names of some books and good authors that you know? Include a description of the book when you post.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
slam by walter dean myers the writing was just awesome.
to kill a mockingbird one of my favorites simply a joy to read really brings me as if im visually in the picture of the story as its being told

and then theres the Obama written books dreams from my father, and audacity of hope.... top books i've ever read dudes awesome with his writing and the way he presents the ideas is poetic in a sense

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I love sci-fi.

The Dune series especially the first two books are off the hook! (Frank Herbert)

Rama series is great too. (Arthur C. Clark)

Ender's Game...dope! (Orson Scott Card)

I just finished reading the new Stephen Hawking too, The Grand Design, It is a really good book if you are interested in the universe, quantum physics and philosophy.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Oh! Tom Clancy is the shit too if you like very long detailed books about war. Red Storm Rising is a sick book about the USA and USSR going to war in the 1980's.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
My favorite book has to be The Catcher in the Rye. I find Holden to be complex.
I also loved 1984 and Animal Farm.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Thomas Harris' Hannibal Lecter series was awesome. Picked 'em up cheap not expecting too much, and they were brilliant. The movies did them no justice as always.

Mills & Boon are a 'throbbing read' as well.

frasee

Rookie
Catcher in the Rye is a really good book, was already mentioned above. I really like the stuff written by Nick Hornby. Hi Fidelity is great, a book about the private life of a record collector and dealer, I also love Fever Pitch which is about an Arsenal London fan and his biography.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
In the middle of reading World War Z...its a book about a global war against a zombie uprising that pushes humanity to the brink of extinction. It's really ****ing awesome!!!

P.S. Author is Max Brooks.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Too fat to Fish - Artie Lange. Big Howard Stern fan, Loved the book! So Funny!

I ready Clyde's book too. Highly reccomened that! "The game within the game"

Any good books about the History of the Knicks out there? :gony:

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
My favorite book has to be The Catcher in the Rye. I find Holden to be complex.
I also loved 1984 and Animal Farm.

Good picks. Those are also my favorite, and I would like to add short stories from Edgar Allan Poe like The Cask of Amontillado or The Fall of the House of Usher. Also The Lottery by Shirley Jackson