Walsh: Denver Will Find Out Knicks Have Valuable Assets

metrocard

Legend
Donnie Walsh said the reason the Nuggets are reluctant to make a trade with the Knicks is they don't covet the players on New York's roster, not because Denver thinks the Knicks used back-channels to recruit Carmelo Anthony.

"Oh no. I don't think that's true," Walsh said. "My understanding is they don't want to deal with us because they don't think we have the players that fit their team."

"That's today and yesterday it was a done deal," Walsh said about the trade that would have sent Anthony to New Jersey but fell apart on Tuesday. "I think there's a lot of posturing going on out there."

"We don't know the value of these players and the league doesn't know the value of these players," Walsh said, referring to Denver's lack of interest in New York's trade pieces. "I feel if we get into the season, the value of the players will go up."

"In general, I've heard that New York just doesn't have the pieces. We have the pieces, you just don't know it," Walsh said.

With the trade that would have sent Anthony to New Jersey now dead, Amar'e Stoudemire sounds excited about the possibility of his friend joining him in New York.

"That would be great," Stoudemire said. "But right now, we have to focus on what we have here. We can't have any distractions."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ut_knicks_have_valuable_assets/#ixzz10t5dgDbP

:agreed:

:peace::peace:
:cool::cool:

Toons

is the Bo$$
"That would be great," Stoudemire said. "But right now, we have to focus on what we have here. We can't have any distractions."

I love this quote from amare. Remember a few seasons ago when all we had on our team were distractions and head cases? Amare seems focused and ready to take this season on as our court leader. Way to go Co-Cap

yeah this is definitely a different team

this is another big reason why having amare is better than Lee,

Lee was produced regardless of what any one says, through disfunctional losing knicks teams, bitter coaches, mismanaged lineups, and debacles ranging from sexual harrasment suits to loud mouth locker room presences.

Amare is a product of Steve Nash, Grant Hill, Boris Diaw, Raja Bell, 60 win seasons, West coast competition, All star games next to tim duncan every year, and Jerry Colangelo.

Enough said.

tiger0330

Legend
Love the leadership we're getting from Amare, I'm sure you guys read that quote from the Toronto coach that Chris Bosh was no leader when he was in Toronto. Glad we got Stat instead of Bosh now, Felton is a little bulldog as well. Going to be a great season if Donnie's prediction about our valuable assets (we all know he is talking about Gallo and AR) comes true, I hope this is a breakout year for both.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
But if our assets prove to be very valuable (i.e. Gallo + Randolph reach their potential) is it worth it to trade them?

Are two near all-stars better than one bona fide star?

IMO, Yes. So essentially we are at the same point. It is better for us to wait until next year and sign him as a free agent. If he gets traded to another team, so be it. That team will more than likely have to give up many assets to get him and not be a threat to the Knicks success. We can maintain our cap flexibility and go after other stars or pieces that would complete the roster.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
yes really like the direction this team is going in after years of mismanagement...cant wait to see these guys on the floor......... if we can only keep dolan and his best friend thomas away from the team and let Walsh do his job we will be fine

With all this trade talk the fans <ST1:pand the brass of the Nuggets can’t possibly be sitting comfy. If they were smart business people they would trade him as soon as possible. I still think the move will happen sooner than later.

I can see why Denver</ST1:p thinks the Knicks trade offers were kind of lack luster. But, now that NJ is just about out of the race, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:State w:st=
Colorado </st1:State></ST1
><st1:City w:st=
<ST1
><st1:City w:st=
<ST1:pDenver </ST1:p</st1:City>will be reviewing our assets even more closely. In a way, this worries me because I rather dump these players before their exposure during the beginning of the season. If they suck we loose mello and maybe the season, if they play good the trade becomes more enticing, and the season becomes more promising (trade or no trade). And, judging from what D’Walsh is saying…I think if Gallo and Randolph start the season off good…<ST1:p<st1:City w:st="on">Denver </st1:City></ST1:pwill bite and the Knicks will send the 2 packing like Crawford and Zebo when they started to click in the beginning of last season. The Knicks, or should I say “Walsh” is known for doing business like this, and the NY media plays a big part in it. D’Walsh will make the trade when <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pDenver</ST1:p</st1:City> decides to bites; Dolan will make him or fire him if he blows the deal. I’m sure of it. I don’t think anyone is more impatient than Dolan is…it’s important for him to start winning now, not later. He looks like a gambling man but I don’t think he gambles on uncertainties

Paul1355

All Star
But if our assets prove to be very valuable (i.e. Gallo + Randolph reach their potential) is it worth it to trade them?

Are two near all-stars better than one bona fide star?

IMO, Yes. So essentially we are at the same point. It is better for us to wait until next year and sign him as a free agent. If he gets traded to another team, so be it. That team will more than likely have to give up many assets to get him and not be a threat to the Knicks success. We can maintain our cap flexibility and go after other stars or pieces that would complete the roster.

I use to think that trading Gallo and Randolph was a mus deal, but it really seems like Melo will wait it out and be a FA, so I am leaning towards your opinion on Melo

If we can sign him as a FA and keep the players we want, we will prob be 4th best team in the East.

I am just hoping he does not sign with the Bulls because that would make them as good as the Magic.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I have changed my view on this situation in the past week or so. I think its very important for Melo to play out the season and sign with us next year. We will have a deeper team and plus the new guys will have had 1 full season of chemistry together. One season is not that long to wait for a player like Melo. We all want to see things happen now but really if we signed Melo without giving up anyone of importance, WE ARE OFFICIALLY BACK!

Go ahead and give DEN one more run Melo. We'll break out the red carpet for you next year homie.