Thread: Are the Knicks deeper than the Nuggets if we trade for the Melo?

Default Are the Knicks deeper than the Nuggets if we trade for the Melo?

The Nuggets are a fairly stacked team, and they got eliminated in the first round by the Jazz. I know the west is tougher, but with a team that's deep imo, and has a star on Melo's level, I don't know how trading our very good pieces for one player is gonna help us especially since we don't have to trade for him to get a chance as of now. Could we beat Boston if we had Melo/Amar'e/Felton?

Only loss I can see working out in a trade is Chandler and pick(s).

So I'm gonna leave this up to you to answer in your opinion, hypothetically, which team as of right now is better with Melo? Yes, I mean if we didn't give up anything for Melo vs. Melo on the currents Nuggets team. Are we close to that Nuggets team? Can we get past the second round in two years if we don't get another all-star or very good player?

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    The Nuggets are a fairly stacked team, and they got eliminated in the first round by the Jazz. I know the west is tougher, but with a team that's deep imo, and has a star on Melo's level, I don't know how trading our very good pieces for one player is gonna help us especially since we don't have to trade for him to get a chance as of now. Could we beat Boston if we had Melo/Amar'e/Felton?

Only loss I can see working out in a trade is Chandler and pick(s).

So I'm gonna leave this up to you to answer in your opinion, hypothetically, which team as of right now is better with Melo? Yes, I mean if we didn't give up anything for Melo vs. Melo on the currents Nuggets team. Are we close to that Nuggets team? Can we get past the second round in two years if we don't get another all-star or very good player?
    Completely unbiased here I'd still have to go with the Knicks. I just feel that we have so many weapons but Denver's attack is mostly going to come from 2 people, Billups and Melo.... then you have J.R. and Al who are both chuckers that can shoot you in or out of a game. Afflalo can give you a little something but... come on.
    Last edited by MSGhobo247; Sep 30, 2010 at 23:17.

Denver does not have a player close to the caliber of Amare and I believe that is what would put us over the top. Further, I truly believe that Felton at this point in his career coming into D'ant's system will be much more effective than Billiups who is older than dirt.

ADD Melo to our current roster and we're much deeper than Denver and probably contenders. Plus we still have the chance of adding another star later.

TRADE all our young assets and draft picks for Melo and we are not deeper or better than Denver. We maybe gain a spot or two in the standings but eliminate our flexibility. We just hope Felton, Melo and Amare are enough and that vets will sign with us for cheap.

Superstar

Yep, I'm a bit worried as to what we're going to have to give up to get that first rounder as well as Melo.

If you ask Amar'e he's digging Landry Fields and Mozgav...Fields may be a cool new player. Melo would help if its not a rediculous trade