Most accurate Knicks Season Preview yet!!

Remix 37

Rookie
Link

This guy doesnt take last year into account and say what the knicks need to improve on...It actually makes sense because with at least 10 new guys you cant apply last years statistics...pretty interesting point
Ive seen over and over previews that keep saying the knicks need to get better at rebounding and defense...Obviously we do, but that was last years players with harrington, duhon, lee and all...This season cant be taken based on last season..

iJoe

Rotation player
There really is nothing for this team to improve on from last year because with so many new players it wouldn?t be fair to pick statistics from last year.

Its amazing you found a Knicks preview thats actually giving them a fresh start.

This is gonna be a fun team to root for even if they struggle a little in the beginning. I like watching my teams grow together and not rely on what media dubs as superstars to win all the games.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Good read although I wonder how much of it is because they are stating what I think we all want to hear which is that our team is playoff bound and well above .500 is why I like the article

Allow me to give the most accurate prediction for this year.

In the backcourt,The Knicks will have improved PG play w newly acquired PG Raymond Felton playing the point and second year player Toney Douglas playing a more natural role as a backup to both backcourt positon as he is not ready to play either full-time. Raymond Felton is no Steve Nash....but no Duhon either! The sooner he and Amare develop chemistry on the court the easier the basket will come for these Knicks.

The potential is there for 3 of the Knick core players (Gallanari,Randolph and Chandler) but how much each of these 3 players grow is going to make the biggest difference in how the season plays out for The Knicks. If Gallanari is able to take the ball to the hoop like he did as a rookie on his Italian team which prompted The Knicks to draft him then Newly Dubbed Franchise player Amare Stoudamire is going have the floor spread out and will alllow him a lot of one on one opportunities. If Randolph can consistently play the way he has shown flashes of in his first two years then the Carmelo Anthony to NY rumors will fizzle out fast! Anthony has a scary amount of potential and if it brought out then he is Robin to Amare's Batman!Wilson Chandler will need to stay healthy as well as become more of a fluid offensive player this year which too will be a huge benefit to Amare.

Rookies: Laundry Feilds is the top dog here! Great Summer league and training camp should help him crack minutes but he is likely not going to be a rookie discussed in Rookie Of the Year talks though! He should help in terms of being another player The Knicks can bring in off the bench. Timofey Mozgov may have drawn too much light on himself with his solid play in The Fiba World Championships, what has to be remembered is that this kid is still a project (albeit one making top 3 lottery pick money with 3 years 9 million) and figures to only get spot minutes early on, but make no mistake about it if he works hard and stays patient with his lack of minutes he is going to be a good player, possibly even a steal for The Knicks...possibly!

Intangiables:Azabuike is the Knicks best shooting guard.....problem is that he is ready at the earliest come opening night, how soon he can adapt once he is back will make all the difference for a successful season for he and The Knicks.

Is Amare ready to lead? Footage of The Knicks training camp and all reports indicate that he is more than ready, but Amare has only missed the playoffs twice in his career (and the second time the team was still 11 games above .500) so how well will he be able to lead if/when the team ventures into the un-familar territory of below .500 ball early on? not to mention the pressure from The NY media constantly reminding him of his large contract.

Prediction:The Knicks will win games and lose some games. They will have streaks both winning and losing of 4 or more. They will look great some nights and others they will stink up the court, just the hazard of having a young team! ITs really hard to predict this team beyond that, just too many contigencies!

Record Projection: It all depends on how fast we grow! 36-38 wins if there is little to no growth to the 3 players that I mentioned before (Gallo,Randolph,Chandler). If any 2 of them play to their ability consistiently then they give a lot of relief to Amare and we win 39-42 games this season. Now if the young players grow and Azabuike comes in strong (or if The Knicks acquire a traditional SG) then the could win up to 45 games this season! It really all depends!

But in the playoff hunt nonetheless making the season bearable to watch and we likely don't finish with a better record than Houston, but because they will likely miss the playoffs we could have a lottery pick or at the very least an early first rounder even if we miss the playoffs this year.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You know what the best outlook for our season is?

WE NO LONGER HAVE ANY CHEMISTRY PROBLEMS!

We had Stephon "Team Cancer" Marbury who started feuds first with Larry Brown and then with Isiah

After that we had Al Harrington and Larry Hughes whining about playing time and coach's rotation. Not to mention Chris "party all night" Duhon and Nate "I'm OK with being a scrub as long as I win dunk contests" Robinson...

But NOW, all of our players are high-energy players. Never has any of our players been accused of not pulling their weight. Never has any of our players been accused of being a team cancer or detrimental to chemistry in the locker room (with the exception of MAYBE Amar'e, but even that wasn't anything near as bad as what Marbury did to our team).

All of our players are players who are well-liked around the league by former GMs because of their work ethic and their intangibles. We're no longer fielding a team of misfits that couldn't care less about the team record.

That in itself is going to take our team to a place it hasn't been in a long time.

jzero29

Rotation player
Its amazing you found a Knicks preview thats actually giving them a fresh start.

This is gonna be a fun team to root for even if they struggle a little in the beginning. I like watching my teams grow together and not rely on what media dubs as superstars to win all the games.
Exactly, a team we can root for, a team of guys with potential to become something better. With the exception of amare, because he's already awesome. A team full of guys who can bloom into all-stars. Maybe not this year but down the line. More importantly, with the exception of curry, everyone has the desire to prove self.
As the guy below says:

We had Stephon "Team Cancer" Marbury who started feuds first with Larry Brown and then with Isiah

After that we had Al Harrington and Larry Hughes whining about playing time and coach's rotation. Not to mention Chris "party all night" Duhon and Nate "I'm OK with being a scrub as long as I win dunk contests" Robinson...

But NOW, all of our players are high-energy players. Never has any of our players been accused of not pulling their weight. Never has any of our players been accused of being a team cancer or detrimental to chemistry in the locker room (with the exception of MAYBE Amar'e, but even that wasn't anything near as bad as what Marbury did to our team).

All of our players are players who are well-liked around the league by former GMs because of their work ethic and their intangibles. We're no longer fielding a team of misfits that couldn't care less about the team record.

That in itself is going to take our team to a place it hasn't been in a long time.
High energy, young, good work ethic and want to prove theselves.This team has promise. Although mostly because the players are unknown to us as fans, but they all seem so far excited to play for the knicks. Team captain amare has a great work ethic, and is leading by example, that sort of attitude is contagious, especially when the young guys on the team, want it. They are not established stars content making millions. They want to be stars and can be if they follow amare's example!
A key for us fans to remember, is to root for the development of our guys. Win/lose if they put up a hell of a fight against the playoff teams like lakers, dallas, boston, magic, chicago and especially the hated Heat.
These are games this team is suppose to lose. SO when we lose to them, we should shrugg it off. When we win, cheer our f'n balls off.

KBlack25

Starter

Not to mention our guys aren't playing knowing they are all on the trading block like the last 2 years. Realizing its a certainty you will be a Knick every morning makes this team more of a unit than we have been the last 2 years.

iSaYughh

Starter
First season in a while where we've had a legit NBA team. Not besieged by a circus leader bringing in clowns like MSG is the n?e Barnum and Bailey playground; and not seasons playing in the wake where we performed a surgical maneuver to rescue the sanctity of our franchise, but had to sacrifice traditional notions of "winning" in the process.

Basically. I look at it like this:

Walsh & Co. did a life saving operation. We are whole and normal again. But have to build from the ground up. And we have the greatest city in the world, and a sweet cachet of talented youth and a superstar to start that process with.

It's time we finally unleash the power of the garden and ny onto the nba and do what NYC demands and is made for: dynasty.

Kiyaman

Legend
I look at our new Knick roster, then I look at all our oponents roster.
Our preview is .......

The Knicks had two years to rebuild a decent playoff team for the 2010-11 season.
In our backcourt Felton wouldve made a great backup PG, young Douglas
defensive/offensive skills & creative ball handle wouldve earned him
playingtime as a combo-guard. Azu & Mason are decent backup SG to add
explosiveness off the bench in our backcourt.
SF-Chandler & PF-Amare are a great starting tandem of fowards.
Turiaf is a decent strong-foward to bring off the bench for spot minutes to
defend/rebound/screen/and bang bodies in the paint area.
Gallo & Randolph are a nice pair of fowards to have come off the bench to
add inside/outside offense/defense.
Mozgov is a rookie backup center.
The Knicks expiring contract C-Eddy Curry will earn $11M this season.
:gony:

nyk_nyk

All Star
I look at our new Knick roster, then I look at all our oponents roster.
Our preview is .......

The Knicks had two years to rebuild a decent playoff team for the 2010-11 season.
In our backcourt Felton wouldve made a great backup PG, young Douglas
defensive/offensive skills & creative ball handle wouldve earned him
playingtime as a combo-guard. Azu & Mason are decent backup SG to add
explosiveness off the bench in our backcourt.
SF-Chandler & PF-Amare are a great starting tandem of fowards.
Turiaf is a decent strong-foward to bring off the bench for spot minutes to
defend/rebound/screen/and bang bodies in the paint area.
Gallo & Randolph are a nice pair of fowards to have come off the bench to
add inside/outside offense/defense.
Mozgov is a rookie backup center.
The Knicks expiring contract C-Eddy Curry will earn $11M this season.
:gony:

Ok... so can you finish this up by summarizing what you are trying to say?

I'm assuming you feel we have a team full of backups?

metrocard

Legend

Your being dramatic.

Brown and Isiah started with Marbury. Marbury was a victim and scapegoat.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'm excited about the start of the season approaching. I always am even when the season looks bleak from the beginning not that this one looks bleak. This season we have a bunch of new players... and I expect another move or trade before midseason which will shake things up even more.

Not sure how the Carmelo Anthony situation will play out, hopefully not with the Nets. I keep hearing that Walsh has found a way to get a future 1st round from an unnamed team. I agree for the most part from what I've read in this thread that we as fans will see a little of everything... win streaks...losing streaks etc..

I hope this team can gel quickly and even have some unexpected surprises from the not-so-big names on this team.

frasee

Rookie
I think this season can become a good one for the Knicks. It's always difficult and like playing in a lottery to predict a season's outcome but this time I am more convinced of the team than in the last few years. I can fully agree with the chemistry point, as for now no turn-offs or team cancers are in there. Let's see what the coaches can make out of this ambitious young team.