Knicks V T-Wolves in France

Game starts in an hour and a half! Expect turiaf to have a good game, Mozzy wont be to shabby himself. Also im hoping Randolph wont chuck up any 3 pointers.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
t-wolves are definitely better than Gallo's old team. Even though the Wolves beat the Lakers they are not a team to test the Knicks. Boston will be the team to show if the Knicks are ready. They play on the 13th and 16th.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Usual Knicks fast early start, then back down to earth and give up too many points. So far Felton not looking like an upgrade, too many turnovers, which is why I'm sure LB sent him packing. Randolph, Fields, and Wil the Thrill looking good along with STAT. Gallo shooting his usual poor %. Lots of work to do before the season starts. Should be a fun team to watch, don't know how many wins that will bring.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
The team didn't get to the line and had a lot of dumb fouls. We got a good look at the bench and the rookies were impressive. The Knicks number one problem is rebounding as it was shown in this game and shaolin's thread, ou rebounded 62-35.
No one should worry to much from this game, all they need to do is improve rebounding and everything will fall into place.

tiger0330

Legend
Mike Beasley looks like he's in phenomenal shape...
Yeah and the Wolves got him for nothing. The Wolves have surprised winning 2-2 so far in preseason. If the Wolves weren't a test i am not looking forward to
seeing us play the Celtics.

Lots to work on, Felton gave us nothing, Gallo bricking 3s, rebounding like girls.

t-wolves are definitely better than Gallo's old team. Even though the Wolves beat the Lakers they are not a team to test the Knicks. Boston will be the team to show if the Knicks are ready. They play on the 13th and 16th.

Celtics will crush us, shaq and kg will murder us in the paint, teams like the wolves, bobcats, grizzle etc. Will be our tests this year. Sad but true.

Celtics will crush us, shaq and kg will murder us in the paint, teams like the wolves, bobcats, grizzle etc. Will be our tests this year. Sad but true.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
got back from the game a while ago and some very quick impressions

we lost to one of the worst teams in the league
STAT made a few shots but i was expecting more from him. too many misses and turnovers
i liked felton. he might not have done too much against the wolves (can`t find a boxscore right now and the connection is not that good) but he fought a lot, i liked the spirit. with him on the court, the knicks moved well
randolph pretty weak, he seemed like he wasn`t in much of a mood
i really liked the rookies, both rautins and fields got plenty of time and played with a lot of attitude and desire. turiaf was on fire, maybe becuse he was playing at home but if he can play he same in the garden i`ll be satisfied.

too bad "a-wing" only got garbage time, i was hoping to see more from him.

Kiyaman

Legend

The Knicks are not ready for Boston. Shuuut! Miami is not ready for Boston.
We are not just a young-team we are a young-talented team with a planless headcoach.
We looked like a 48 minute "individual-talent-team" on offense/defense from
our starters & benchplayers :crossfingers:
I'm happy that we played a 12-man rotation in a preseason game.

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
got back from the game a while ago and some very quick impressions

Been to the game Rady? I was too!

The atmosphere was nice, the area packed and most of the audience was behind the Knicks which I found great.

i liked felton. he might not have done too much against the wolves (can`t find a boxscore right now and the connection is not that good) but he fought a lot, i liked the spirit. with him on the court, the knicks moved well

Sorry but I really don't have the same impression has you. So far Felton didn't looked an improvement to me and what I feared materialized during the game, he simply doesn't run any P&R w/ Amar'e and when on the floor the team looked rusty as hell.
The ball was at least moving better when Tony D was at the point.
I am really worried about Felton.

randolph pretty weak, he seemed like he wasn`t in much of a mood
Seems to me that this guy is never in the mood for anything.

I went to the Adidas store on Tuesday to meet Antony Randolp, Raymon Felton, Wilson and Tony Douglas who were having an authograph session.
Felton and Wil are very easy going and pleasant to talk with. Felton told me he was having a terrific time in Paris.
The opposite can be said from TD and AR who looked bored to be there.

Let's say it was just a pre season game and that coun't for nothing.
Though our defense with mozgov blocking shots with turiaf inside was pleasant to watch for once, our offense looked terrible and rusty.

mafra

Legend
Sounds like FELTON has really been unimpressive so far in the first 2 preseason games. Actually, looks like Luke Ridnour would have been the better signing.

Maybe STAT was right? Maybe Luke (and his ability to run the P-&-R) would have been the better fit?

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/source_amar_likes_luke_as_pick_and_mXjqYvkT6AetuM86b3jYxO

I think Luke signed 4 years 16 mil while Felton signed for 2 years at 16 mil? Same price just half the committment I guess. That might have made a big difference?

STILL... Felton is younger. Better defensively and mroe complete offensive player. Luke better pure PG, better outside shooter. Pros & Cons.

HOWEVER, let's not judge a dude based on EXHIBITION games. Hard to have that edge when you are playing a preseason game in Europe. Hard to get that fire going.

MINNY won the game b/c they kept their starters in to play against our bench players in the 4th. Sounds right?

We are going to struggle early. Felton needs time to learn the system, get used to the players. Team probably bonding and going out. Hard to get juices going.

Let's reserve judgement until this team gets 10-20 games under its belt.

Will we be a top 4 team? NO! Can we make the playoffs, sure?

One thing I am convinced with: GET MELO.

If that means dealing Chandler for a 1st round pick. Trading either Gallo or Randolph.... DO IT... DO IT NOW!