I really, really, don't want this team to suck.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Yes after only 2 preseason games, I'm scared. Its unreasonable that i am thinking this way but this is the Knicks. We have no luck on our side so this need to look good early for me. I am admitting that I'm stupid for feeling this way, but damn, i can't help it.

Yes after only 2 preseason games, I'm scared. Its unreasonable that i am thinking this way but this is the Knicks. We have no luck on our side so this need to look good early for me. I am admitting that I'm stupid for feeling this way, but damn, i can't help it.

in all honesty, i really didn't want stat. the guy has always been a poor rebounder. but what's done is done and he's our guy so I'll root for him. that said, if the knicks start the season struggling and are still struggling by the break mike needs to get the axe and stat needs to get dealt for as much value as we can get in return.

i don't care if we just signed him. there's no point in wasting whatever is left of his prime years and knicks fans bloated hopes of making the playoffs. we're going to need alot more to win a championship and I'm more than willing to give gallo, ant and chandler the keys.

i don't think dealing gallo, ant, chandler for melo would put us over the hump either.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
It is a little soon to worry, but I can understand your skepticism. Knicks haven't had much luck in turning a team into contenders in a while.

Amare is doing exactly what we need from him and he's not the worst rebounder. These games will only make the Knicks stronger as it highlights their weaknesses. Now they need to work on making their weaknesses their strengths. Rebounding priority number one.

As fans we need to stay positive.

tiger0330

Legend
I didn't like the Knicks letting both preseason opponents score over 100ppg. If you can't stop weak sister teams like Milano and the Wolves whats going to happen against the better teams.

I think it's psychologically important for the Knicks to do well in the preseason and in the beginning of the regular season because there is so much skepticism about this team. Most outside of Knick fans don't think we're that good and the Knicks need to not fall back on the excuses of it's only the preseason or the season is still young if they start losing.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
But remember ... it is just that. Preseason! You can't just come in after game 1 or 2 and instantly gel (even the 3 down south needed some work). Look how many players in the starting rotation were new!
I think this preseason just exposes where we need to focus our training camp on. I'm not pressed on opponents scoring 100+ points on us as I think we should be working more on how to guard without fouling (STAT and Moz)...defense will come. And then let's concentrate on better pasing and less turnovers...after that we will be ok

Still want Melo tho

nyk_nyk

All Star
_______√ictory_______;137743 said:
in all honesty, i really didn't want stat. the guy has always been a poor rebounder. but what's done is done and he's our guy so I'll root for him. that said, if the knicks start the season struggling and are still struggling by the break mike needs to get the axe and stat needs to get dealt for as much value as we can get in return.

i don't care if we just signed him. there's no point in wasting whatever is left of his prime years and knicks fans bloated hopes of making the playoffs. we're going to need alot more to win a championship and I'm more than willing to give gallo, ant and chandler the keys.

i don't think dealing gallo, ant, chandler for melo would put us over the hump either.

WTF?? U FAIL

nyk_nyk

All Star
I didn't like the Knicks letting both preseason opponents score over 100ppg. If you can't stop weak sister teams like Milano and the Wolves whats going to happen against the better teams.

I think it's psychologically important for the Knicks to do well in the preseason and in the beginning of the regular season because there is so much skepticism about this team. Most outside of Knick fans don't think we're that good and the Knicks need to not fall back on the excuses of it's only the preseason or the season is still young if they start losing.

This is also my concern. I understand its only preseason and guys are still getting accustomed to playing alongside each other, BUT you do not need to be familiar with your teammate to play defense or rebound AT ALL. Teams are supposed to have a better showing each playoff game as they work on specific problem areas.

I'm also very concerned about the way Gallo is still being handled. He's still taking too many 3 pointers (more than half of his shots)and not diversifying his game. Felton is looking subpar so far but I will give him a small pass for now since he's learning a new system.

I have mixed feelings about AR so far. I can see how dangerous he can be sometimes but he REALLY needs to learn how to pace himself, slow down and play team ball. This kind of mental error will cost us games in close contests.
Amare had an ok game yesterday but he only played 20 min so not a big deal. Other than that he's been as advertised so far.

Everyone else has played up to expectations offensively. However, if we want to be taken seriously, defense has to be improved. If Dantoni can't get it done with 2 real centers and better defensive players then he can get the fack outta here asap.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Preseason's a learning curve. Losing to the Wolves was disappointing, of course it was. Reserve judgement for now. Losing in preseason games is a let down, as is any loss, but it's constructive at the same time.

Don't jump ship on Stat either. He's shown what he's capable of. He did so at the highest level against the reigning champs in the WCFs:

No one took it to the champs offensively like Stat did last year.

He averaged 25/game in the series and (marginally) outplayed Gasol. He did, however, have three -5 rebound games though. The guys not a rebounder, and it is a concern.

rediculous...

This is just a taste of how the season will be if they don’t make that move. If they can let the weak ass T-Wolves outplay them (in every way) the Knicks will get demolished in regular season by a much fiercer Eastern Conference. The Knicks will go nowhere with this current roster. Felton got his ass handed to him by a guy we passed up on. And gallo was the same inconsistent shooter that can’t do anything else right but hide away from the basket. I sure hope the coach isn’t holding up this trade because Shallow Gallo will have to be involved. Stat will not be able to make this team rise by himself. It’s a fact that EVERY CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM has 2 or more elite ballers. This is the formula and the ass brass of NY seems to be having trouble figuring this out. This year was supposed to be the year all of this talk about “it’s only pre-season” and “give them some time to gel” talk ceased. F-that!! Other teams with new players seem to gel pretty well…why not the Knicks?
<O:p</O:p
D’ Walsh blew the Lebron deal and had no back up plan because they were too arrogant in thinking they had Lebron, then they panicked and packed the team with trade bait. But wait….no one wants to deal with the Knicks because they caused too many enemies with their incompetent management. Looks like a repeat of yesteryears is about to happen, but this time around we get to see the embarrassment with a bunch of new and younger faces to be laughed at. What a disappointing franchise the Knicks can be at times. HURRY UP, dump the waste and grab up Mello you dumb twits!! We can win now and later. Stop planning for the future with sports…this is not actual politics. Players are not stock or inanimate objects that can be depended on later. We are talking about PEOPLE …who always have the tendencies to change with the times. Nothing is guaranteed with athletes. In the future, if we need to make more changes then we’ll do so…if need be. All of this conservative crap is going to back fire. I don’t know why some of these dumb ass die hard fans are so chumming with sussy players. I don’t give a crap about their charisma; I’m not trying to date these dudes, I just want my monies worth (win or lose). Bring in the B-Ballers. Why in the hell is a big city team like the Knicks so weak at filling rosters, while other teams like LA, Chicago, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:City w:st=
Chicago</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st=" /><st1:City w:st="on">Miami</st1:City>, and <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pBoston</ST1:p</st1:City> are so savvy in building teams year after year, dynasty after dynasty. This sucks big time…but probably not as much as fans that accept this S#!T.

nyk_nyk

All Star
_______√ictory_______;137764 said:
the wolves had plenty of new players.

fail? nah, I'm just ahead of the curve. i don't care if there's no precedent to such action. and don't get mad cause I'm not a star ****er like some of you.

You have it twisted. Its not about being a fanboy or whatever. Your being totally irrational with your comment. Put Amare on the trading block if the team is struggling by the break??? The guy has been one of the best big men for years and your ready to give him up that easily? Walsh would lose his job if he did that.

Newsflash: If the team is struggling by the break then you get a whole new coaching staff. Period.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
U Stuuuuuupid..

_______√ictory_______;137743 said:

ARE YOU FA REAL. STAT IS THE BEST PLAYER WE HAVE HAD IN A DECADE ARE YOU FUC****** SERIOUS WHAT ARE YOU 8 YEARS OLD RELAX STAT WILL AVERAGE 8-10 BOARDS AND GET 25-27 POINTS SO RELAX HOMIE........

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
???

_______√ictory_______;137764 said:
the wolves had plenty of new players.

fail? nah, I'm just ahead of the curve. i don't care if there's no precedent to such action. and don't get mad cause I'm not a star ****er like some of you.

YOUR POST IS STUPID PLAIN AND SIMPLE MONEY. DONT TAKE OFFENSE JUST COME UP WITH SOMETHING BETTER NEXT TIME.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
word..

rediculous...

This is just a taste of how the season will be if they don?t make that move. If they can let the weak ass T-Wolves outplay them (in every way) the Knicks will get demolished in regular season by a much fiercer Eastern Conference. The Knicks will go nowhere with this current roster. Felton got his ass handed to him by a guy we passed up on. And gallo was the same inconsistent shooter that can?t do anything else right but hide away from the basket. I sure hope the coach isn?t holding up this trade because Shallow Gallo will have to be involved. Stat will not be able to make this team rise by himself. It?s a fact that EVERY CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM has 2 or more elite ballers. This is the formula and the ass brass of NY seems to be having trouble figuring this out. This year was supposed to be the year all of this talk about ?it?s only pre-season? and ?give them some time to gel? talk ceased. F-that!! Other teams with new players seem to gel pretty well?why not the Knicks?
<O:p</O:p
D? Walsh blew the Lebron deal and had no back up plan because they were too arrogant in thinking they had Lebron, then they panicked and packed the team with trade bait. But wait?.no one wants to deal with the Knicks because they caused too many enemies with their incompetent management. Looks like a repeat of yesteryears is about to happen, but this time around we get to see the embarrassment with a bunch of new and younger faces to be laughed at. What a disappointing franchise the Knicks can be at times. HURRY UP, dump the waste and grab up Mello you dumb twits!! We can win now and later. Stop planning for the future with sports?this is not actual politics. Players are not stock or inanimate objects that can be depended on later. We are talking about PEOPLE ?who always have the tendencies to change with the times. Nothing is guaranteed with athletes. In the future, if we need to make more changes then we?ll do so?if need be. All of this conservative crap is going to back fire. I don?t know why some of these dumb ass die hard fans are so chumming with sussy players. I don?t give a crap about their charisma; I?m not trying to date these dudes, I just want my monies worth (win or lose). Bring in the B-Ballers. Why in the hell is a big city team like the Knicks so weak at filling rosters, while other teams like LA, Chicago, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:City w:st=
Chicago</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st=" /><st1:City w:st="on">Miami</st1:City>, and <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pBoston</ST1:p</st1:City> are so savvy in building teams year after year, dynasty after dynasty. This sucks big time?but probably not as much as fans that accept this S#!T.
[/quoteI

I CONCUR.

KBlack25

Starter
It?s a fact that EVERY CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM has 2 or more elite ballers. Th

The Spurs and Pistons did not have two or more elite ballers...you can argue that the Pistons had 0 elite ballers.

Also, if you actually watched the game, this was not a game this team was trying to win. With time on the clock and within single digits we did not have STAT or any of our top guys on the floor. We also did not foul when in a normal game we would.

There were a ton of turnovers and our rebounding was abysmal...but defensively the guys that matter (Turiaf, Mozgov, Randolph, Gallo) were playing very well.

HURRY UP, dump the waste and grab up Mello you dumb twits!! We can win now and later. Stop planning for the future with sports?this is not actual politics. Players are not stock or inanimate objects that can be depended on later. We are talking about PEOPLE ?who always have the tendencies to change with the times. Nothing is guaranteed with athletes. In the future, if we need to make more changes then we?ll do so?if need be. All of this conservative crap is going to back fire.

How can you say, in the same breath, "PEOPLE...who always have the tendencies to change with the times", and "Nothing is guaranteed with athletes" along while saying if we get Melo we will win now and later?

We went the non-conservative route, we made trades dumping prospects and draft picks. It was called the Isiah-era. The Thunder built their team through the draft...why can't we?

We are a high profile city that comes with tons of pressure, Only elite players can rise to that sought of challenge. Oaklahoma is a small town with as much pressure as a city park in BK.

The spurs had Parker, Duncan, Ginobli, and consistant role playres. In the past they also had (avery,horry, Robinson 1st ring).

Pistons had Rip, Billups, Rasheed, Prince, Wallace and consistant role players to grab another ring.

We have Stat(weak knees) Gallo (plastic back, inconsistant) and........who else? Are you waiting and hoping someone else blooms? Not me. I want it now.

KBlack25

Starter
We are a high profile city that comes with tons of pressure, Only elite players can rise to that sought of challenge. Oaklahoma is a small town with as much pressure as a city park in BK.

The spurs had Parker, Duncan, Ginobli, and consistant role playres. In the past they also had (avery,horry, Robinson 1st ring).

Pistons had Rip, Billups, Rasheed, Prince, Wallace and consistant role players to grab another ring.

We have Stat(weak knees) Gallo (plastic back, inconsistant) and........who else? Are you waiting and hoping someone else blooms? Not me. I want it now.

Parker was not a top 5 PG when they won those titles...and Ginobili was a 6th man.

Rip, Billups, Rasheed, Prince and B-Wall were not top 10 players, any of them.

Again, you just prove my point.

"I want it now! I want it now!" You sound like that spoiled rich bitch in Willy Wonka. If you think Carmelo for Gallinari, Randolph, Chandler, Douglas and a first rounder makes us better than the Miami Heat, you are wrong. The chance we have, the best chance, is to let the young players develop and sign Carmelo (losing NOBODY) in the offseason.

You want a title this year? You want it now? Go play NBA2K11, set the difficulty on Easy and have a blast. Newsflash: With or without Carmelo we are not a champion this year, we don't even belong in the same discussion as the Miami Heat, especially because we will give up EVERY player with any potential on our team for Melo were we to get him. Get that shit out of your head, and then think rationally about what it is we have to do.

Last edited:
ARE YOU FA REAL. STAT IS THE BEST PLAYER WE HAVE HAD IN A DECADE ARE YOU FUC****** SERIOUS WHAT ARE YOU 8 YEARS OLD RELAX STAT WILL AVERAGE 8-10 BOARDS AND GET 25-27 POINTS SO RELAX HOMIE........

YOUR POST IS STUPID PLAIN AND SIMPLE MONEY. DONT TAKE OFFENSE JUST COME UP WITH SOMETHING BETTER NEXT TIME.

you know what makes your statement correct? the fact that you wrote in all caps.

amare has never averaged 10 boards a game in his whole ****in career. secondly, you agree with a guy that says we should "dump the waste" and go get melo? because that'll work?

let me speak your language.

THEIR GAMES DO NOT COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER.

most championship caliber teams have a post player and a wing player to facilitate for that post player. that's how it works. melo is/never has been a facilitator. he is a scorer. there is only one basketball to play with.

smh at these know nothing star ****ing brigade.