Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68

Thread: Concerns for Gallo, Knicks

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Concerns for Gallo, Knicks

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Great point made about Gallo. Check it out. Im beginning to hate seeing him chuck up 3s.. his back shouldnt hurt anymore...



  2. #2
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    He played pretty well tonight. He was much more aggressive. Drew quite a few fouls on Pierce. 20 pts. 3 rebs 2 steals. Shot over 50%. Not bad.

  3. #3
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Gallo will be fine. Obviously all of this talk about him is ridiculously unnecessary as it's still preseason. The man is just getting his feet wet. Stay f-ing tuned!

    News flash haterz: Gallo is too good not to be better this year. HE WILL COME THROUGH FOR US!! Stop.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Oct 17, 2010 at 00:17.

  4. #4
    Member milchshake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Remix 37
    Im beginning to hate seeing him chuck up 3s..

    Have you seen his killer instinct in Milano ( I wonder where was the 3 pts line there - maybe he is too much familiar with european distance since he was a kid )? He needs just more regularity without pathetic perfomance like this with first NYK- boston game.

  5. #5
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,814
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Wow, panic stations and its preseason...Gallo needs a mentor. Someone who will show him his strengths. D'antoni needs to have one of the assistants work with him on different parts of the game. I'd like to see him take it to the rim more (and get fouled) He has the potential to be a 20 ppg guy nightly

  6. #6
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    He played pretty well tonight. He was much more aggressive. Drew quite a few fouls on Pierce. 20 pts. 3 rebs 2 steals. Shot over 50%. Not bad.
    And then he plays like s**t tonight. God, he's so freaking inconsistent. So is Chandler. Both of the played well last night and both of them played terribly tonight.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,582
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Fields is playing better than Gallo on both ends and isn't the whole purpose of the preseason to evaluate who should play. I wonder if Gallo was on any other team where his godfather wasn't the coach whether Fields wouldn't be getting the nod to start on opening day.

  8. #8
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Gallo.. if his shot isn't going he's useless.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    He needs another dimension to his game. I'm confident that it's there, but he doesn't seem to be harnessing it just yet...

    He needs to limit his 3 point shots to 5 a game and instead focus on driving to the basket and establishing himself as a legitimate post player.

    He can't hit 3's if people know all he's gonna do his shoot 3's...the 3 point shot is best used as a complement to a player's game.

    Gallo has the ability to be more than a Kyle Korver. But if he doesn't work on his game, that's all he really is.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Thumbs up

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Fields is playing better than Gallo on both ends and isn't the whole purpose of the preseason to evaluate who should play. I wonder if Gallo was on any other team where his godfather wasn't the coach whether Fields wouldn't be getting the nod to start on opening day.

    Well put. If Gallo was coming off the bench to add a "peremeter-offense",
    he would keep adding more dimension to his overall performance like Fields
    has been doing from SLG to preseason game. Earning his way into the lineup.

    He needs another dimension to his game. I'm confident that it's there, but he doesn't seem to be harnessing it just yet...
    He needs to limit his 3 point shots to 5 a game and instead focus on driving to the basket and establishing himself as a legitimate post player.
    He can't hit 3's if people know all he's gonna do his shoot 3's...the 3 point shot is best used as a complement to a player's game.
    Gallo has the ability to be more than a Kyle Korver. But if he doesn't work on his game, that's all he really is.

    I watched all of the above in Gallo's first full NBA season (1-11 start)
    to Gallo's disgusting Christmas day game. That was enough to prove Gallo
    is a big project like Anthony Randolph.
    Since then Gallo added nothing to his performance in these preseason games.
    Gallo consistently shows he dont know how or when to line-up to shoot the 3-ball.
    I never was impressed with the few plays Gallo make in the first half of a
    game, and Gallo's disapearing act in the 2nd half of a game. My conclusion?
    If Gallo is a Knick starter this season I dont have any confidence in the
    Knicks winning above 42% of their games.

    The positives I see out of the mess we made this 2010 offseason, we can
    actually make a decent hustling bench-lineup of Douglas, Walker, Fields,
    with a peremeter shooting Gallo hustling with these guys on both sides of the
    court to become more than a 1 demensional player, making us a 9+ man rotation team.

  11. #11
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i think randolph should start at the 3. After seeing him a few games, he definitely cant play the 5 this season. our most effective lineup is

    Douglas
    Chandler
    Randolph
    Stoudamire
    Mozgov

    with felton, azu, gallo as the core bench

  12. #12
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I will say one thing which gives me great hope...Gallo is slashing way more than I have ever seen him do. I think he realizes that he needs to be more versatile and that 3pt opportunities will be abundant this year off of all the doubles Amare will draw.

  13. #13
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Remix 37
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Great point made about Gallo. Check it out. Im beginning to hate seeing him chuck up 3s.. his back shouldnt hurt anymore...


    great points and I agree with the whole article.

    Gallo has no excuse to not drive to the basket. Do these guys watch game tape? Don't they see that Gallo draws a foul almost every single time he drives to the basket????

    These makes me furious that Gallo can easily drive to the hoop and draw fouls while knocking down the 83% free throws and help us more than ever, instead he falls in love with the three and bricks more times than not.

    Gallo's inconsistency can easily slide Chandler into the starting 3 spot, which would obviously piss off Gallo and MAKE HIM BE MORE VERSATILE...and I think Gallo will only be more versatile if he is benched for Chandler or if he just suddenly realizes its the best strategy...how long will it take? Hopefully not years.

    Gallo's defense is also dismal. Pierce blew by Gallo, why? Because Gallo kept giving Peirce the right side. If someone is right handed, don't give them an uncontested right handed layup! Make them go left...I think Gallo loses his brain sometimes.

    I loved this quote...."Watching Danilo Gallinari lecture Timofey Mozgov about defense is quite comical, seeing as though most of Mozgov’s fouls came because of Gallo’s matador defense."

    LOL SO TRUE

  14. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    great points and I agree with the whole article.

    Gallo has no excuse to not drive to the basket. Do these guys watch game tape? Don't they see that Gallo draws a foul almost every single time he drives to the basket????

    These makes me furious that Gallo can easily drive to the hoop and draw fouls while knocking down the 83% free throws and help us more than ever, instead he falls in love with the three and bricks more times than not.

    Gallo's inconsistency can easily slide Chandler into the starting 3 spot, which would obviously piss off Gallo and MAKE HIM BE MORE VERSATILE...and I think Gallo will only be more versatile if he is benched for Chandler or if he just suddenly realizes its the best strategy...how long will it take? Hopefully not years.

    Gallo's defense is also dismal. Pierce blew by Gallo, why? Because Gallo kept giving Peirce the right side. If someone is right handed, don't give them an uncontested right handed layup! Make them go left...I think Gallo loses his brain sometimes.

    I loved this quote...."Watching Danilo Gallinari lecture Timofey Mozgov about defense is quite comical, seeing as though most of Mozgov’s fouls came because of Gallo’s matador defense."

    LOL SO TRUE

    everybody at the top was hating on me for posting the article saying its only preseason..i dont think one knicks fan is pleased with teh way gallo has performed AT ALL!!!!! not even a little bit

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    You're going to have the delusional ones. it's ok thou. It's a good thing this is just a game and not the something serious. Someone will probably be put to rest if it was...

    However, I sure do hope Denver see's<ST1 his potential because I don’t. His game is the same as always …lame. He’s still an inconsistent perimeter camper with no post game or defensive skills. It’s obvious why he’s starting at SF over the much better versatile players in Chandler</ST1 and Fields. IMO, Fields should have Gallo’s starting spot before the season….that’s if Gallo isn’t traded away by then. To keep him here…and in the starting rotation would be blasphemy, I'll know by the start of the season if the coach really is the anti-christ...or not.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks @ Celtics 23/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2010, 09:39
  2. Bucks @ Knicks 22/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2010, 17:39
  3. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 20:10
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25
  5. Stop the WHINING.. PLEASE!! & READ
    By lilman_bklyn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 16:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •