Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 68

Thread: Concerns for Gallo, Knicks

  1. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    ^^ imo, an even better post...

  2. #47
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    NYK NYK,

    I'm just relaying what the man said. I did mention to consider the source. However Nate is an NBA player w intricate knowledge of what Gallo can do having practived w him on a daily basis. Obviously, Nate ain't the end all be all of basketball, so you take it w a grain of salt.

    But there has to be some validity to what he saying based on the vantage point he had. Think about it..
    Last edited by ronoranina; Oct 21, 2010 at 13:22.

  3. #48
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    wow, you're serious aren't you?

    I only give credit where it’s due, I have no problem with that. I will not give credit to a player that can not dribble with his/her head up, or takes giant strides to camouflage his inability to play in the post. Gallo has always showcased a very poor handle, especially in this pre-season. I don’t believe in giving PRO athletes time to develop the basic fundamentals of basketball…that’s insane. If he grew up playing the point then it must have been for a weak team and league…I’ve seen better handles on a dresser. In this pre-season I saw more bricks and air balls thrown up by this kid then ever before. I don’t want to hear that tired excuse “its only pre-season”. Preseason is supposed to be the time to show how much you have improved your game. Can you honestly say you saw any improvements?

    Impatient? You call the last 2 years of misguided hope being impatient…even after the many horrible years before this years FA drama? Sounds like you care more about Gallo than the actual team he’s playing on. I really don’t know what to say to you without sounding offensive when you claim that Gallo can play the point. Ridiculous comes to mind…so I’ll leave it at that.

    You do know players will hardly ever bad mouth others in this league for various reasons…especially if they play on the same team, and you’re already in hot water with the coach…who just so happens to be Gallo’s family. Besides, friends/teammates are always known to speak highly of their team mates. I’m hating because I see the distractions, if coach brought in a legit player then this would not even be a discussion. But, I still will probably have issues with the favoritism thou, tbh.

    No, I didn't claim that he could play the point. Nate did. I said he could be a point- foward if I'm correct. LEARN TO READ!!

    That last paragraph of yours is alot of conjecture. Not gonna touch that.

    And yes it is only preseason, this is not the time to get emotional IMO.. When the games matter I'll be more passionate. Just seems rational to me. Idk but there are alot of emo types rampaging these boards gettin their panties all bunched up over some preseason games. There's a time for all of that, but not in preseason y'all. Damn.

  4. #49
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Red
    "A wise man once said don't argue with fools.... cause people from afar can't tell who's who" -JayZ

    Good post RealNyBaller. I don't know what these Gallo supporters are smoking but...

    "These dudes got more excuses than a pregnant teenager" -Red

    I said long ago Chandler was better than Gallo... and what followed was 1.5 years of excuses. He's better in every way except 3's made. Stats or otherwise. Athletic, defensive, draws fouls, unselfish, adaptable, bigger, faster, stronger. Better handle, better IQ, better in every way. One on One, three on three, five on five. Off the bench, starting 5... Chandler is better and really isn't that good as he has room for improvement.

    But was he drafted as high..no. Was his resume gassed.. no. Did we hear about what a leader he was.. no. Did we hear about how he takes games over..no. Did we hear about his master IQ.. no.

    All we've done is heard of this Gallo fella and see nothing but inconsistent, over-embellished, results followed by EXCUSES. All we hear about Chandler is.... NOTHING.

    He goes out, does what the coach asks, plays multiple positions, and inproves. He keeps his mouth shut, and goes about his business. Too bad Chandler isn't from Italy.

    Gallo is good alright... good enough to be put under our microscope, found to be lacking, and can be used as trade bait. That good.
    Wow! It's amazing how someone can be so misguided in a comparison of two players. I have to respectfully disagree..

    Yes, I'll say that Chandler has looked better this preseason. But he damn well better be trying hard to impress cause if not for an injury to Azzy he wouldn't even be a starter. We've seen this play out w TD. He's looked great too as a player coming off the bench. While Felton is easing himself in amongst other things, like adjusting to a new system and so on. These guys like to TD and Chandler who are closer to the fringes, have much more to play for in preseason.

    Gallo is the starter. He earned that last season IMO. I honeslty don't know what you're looking at when you say Chandler has higher IQ than Gallo. But I'm here to tell that Gallo has more heart and more intellect than Chandler on a bad day. All you had to do was watch the games last season to see that.

    I getting tapped out on this topic. I've started threads on Gallo. I've given the same assessments over and over, ad nauseum. You Gallo haterz will not stop biatching until he's proved your ignorant asses wrong.

    I still do not want Melo. I want Gallo to stay in NY grow into a 18- 20 ppg, 5- 6 rpg, 3-4 ast guy and to wait for Paul after this season. Paul would impact the team in a much more profound way than Melo anyway. Then, we'd have all of the pieces we have now w Amare and they'd all be a year more experienced. Let Gallo grow. I think he will play like the lights are on once the season starts. This preseason sh*t is really just to get a feel. I'm really not even that worried about him. You idiots can keep goin on and on about him tho like a bunch of women when the games aren't even serious. I'm done.

  5. #50
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    No, I didn't claim that he could play the point. Nate did. I said he could be a point- foward if I'm correct. LEARN TO READ!!

    That last paragraph of yours is alot of conjecture. Not gonna touch that.

    And yes it is only preseason, this is not the time to get emotional IMO.. When the games matter I'll be more passionate. Just seems rational to me. Idk but there are alot of emo types rampaging these boards gettin their panties all bunched up over some preseason games. There's a time for all of that, but not in preseason y'all. Damn.
    This is a joke, right? You think I don’t know what you’re trying to do? I can read between the lines very well, bud. I know who said it and you were just trying to use his quote as a source of validity. Play naive all you want, it won’t change the fact of how sloppy Gallo is playing. I doubt many true fans are willing to wait for your boyfriend (Gallo) to develop here either. I wonder when he’s traded if you will continue to post here or where Gallo was sent to play. As far as I see it, you’re acting like you’re his agent or butt buddy the way you're going on defending this guy’s wack game. The time is now, not regular season, wtf kind of statement is that? We already see what he can do, why carry it over into the regular season when we don’t have to? It’s clear that you’re in love with the ****, my advice to you is to show a little more dignity by wiping the corners of your mouth, I mean, I can hear the slurping noises all the way over here. And, you have the nerve to say others are acting like women, LOL. Check yourself bra. Talk some facts and stop the dreaming. Wake up…

  6. #51
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    This is a joke, right? You think I don’t know what you’re trying to do? I can read between the lines very well, bud. I know who said it and you were just trying to use his quote as a source of validity. Play naive all you want, it won’t change the fact of how sloppy Gallo is playing. I doubt many true fans are willing to wait for your boyfriend (Gallo) to develop here either. I wonder when he’s traded if you will continue to post here or where Gallo was sent to play. As far as I see it, you’re acting like you’re his agent or butt buddy the way you're going on defending this guy’s wack game. The time is now, not regular season, wtf kind of statement is that? We already see what he can do, why carry it over into the regular season when we don’t have to? It’s clear that you’re in love with the ****, my advice to you is to show a little more dignity by wiping the corners of your mouth, I mean, I can hear the slurping noises all the way over here. And, you have the nerve to say others are acting like women, LOL. Check yourself bra. Talk some facts and stop the dreaming. Wake up…
    That's a lot of homosexual references in one paragraph. You might want to take a look at that.. Fackin douchebag.

  7. #52
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    ^^Lol, Thanks for the confirmation. Yes, I’m very good at calling it how I see it. I commend you on coming out the closet…you didn’t have to blow the door off the hinges thou. Your preference of the word duchebag was also a dead give away...I'm sure Gallo appreciates the daily enimas you give yourself.

  8. #53
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    If Gallo was the "hard-worker" that he is being proported to be, he would of stayed in the states and worked on his skills this past summer. Instead he took a three month "European Vacation" and came back with the same bad habits.
    Dirk goes back to Wuerzburg to work out with Gschwindner each and every summer. Nobody would call him lazy. As long as I don't know what he did in Italy, I would refrain from passing judgement on his summer.

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    He has a very hard time dribbling with his head up and that is his main reason for loosing control.
    Sorry, this is just flat out ridiculous. The main plus about European big men are their superior ball handling skills which make up for a certain lack of physical toughness. The reason is that the European approach to basketball until the age of 16 is that every player should be able to play each position. Dribbling should be well developed by the age of 14.

    There is no need to wreck our brains before the season has actually even started.

  9. #54
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Thumbs up

    Originally Posted by pat
    Dirk goes back to Wuerzburg to work out with Gschwindner each and every summer. Nobody would call him lazy. As long as I don't know what he did in Italy, I would refrain from passing judgement on his summer. [B][/B


    Sorry, this is just flat out ridiculous. The main plus about European big men are their superior ball handling skills which make up for a certain lack of physical toughness. The reason is that the European approach to basketball until the age of 16 is that every player should be able to play each position. Dribbling should be well developed by the age of 14.

    There is no need to wreck our brains before the season has actually even started.
    + 1 --I try to talk some sense to these idiots, but it's easy to lead a horse to water...

    Real NY Baller is a special brand of idiot. He won't come round to logic no matter how clear and rationally you argue, or even if he's been proved wrong.

    Thx for posting
    Last edited by ronoranina; Oct 22, 2010 at 14:48.

  10. #55
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    {Quote by Pat} Sorry, this is just flat out ridiculous. The main plus about European big men are their superior ball handling skills which make up for a certain lack of physical toughness. The reason is that the European approach to basketball until the age of 16 is that every player should be able to play each position. Dribbling should be well developed by the age of 14.

    There is no need to wreck our brains before the season has actually even started. {End Quote}

    Well, if that’s the case then he should go back over there and finish catching up on his drills. We don’t handle the rock like that over here in the NBA, especially in NY. There are a few “How to dribble” DVD’s on the market, send him a couple if you really care about the guy, I could care less. I’m not the only one here or outside of this forum that notices his weak handle. I'm not making this up, I have 2 eyes showing me the truth. This is starting to sound like a bunch of fan fair to me. We NYer's don’t want wack players on the Knicks, all this Gallo campaigning is more annoying than door to door sales men…save it for the Euro League because I’m not buying it. sorry if this sounds offensive but I just don't see it...

    {Quote by ronoranina} + 1 --I try to talk some sense to these idiots, but it's easy to lead a horse to water...

    Real NY Baller is a special brand of idiot. He won't come round to logic no matter how clear and rationally you argue.{End Quite}

    You can’t make sense out of nonsense…that’s your problem. Only an idiot will want shallow Gallo to develop on a high profile team such as the Knicks, especially when we have a chance to get a much better player. Gallo is D-League material and if it wasn’t for the coach his narrow ass wouldn’t even be in on the Knicks, or in NBA, FACT. The jeers you heard on his draft day is just getting louder.
    <O
    If you were a real fan of the Knicks…correction “The Game”, you would be happy to know an opportunity exist for this team to get better. But, Noooo, you want this scrub to stay and further embarrass the city and the organization. He had his chance to shine and blew it, so stop wishing on a dim star and turn the lights on so you can see the bigger picture. Wtf are you still sticking up for this guy, even after his horrible display in pre-season. You do know pre-season shows if you improved or not, right? I can’t believe you fake fans want to still gamble on him. smfh

  11. #56
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    You can’t make sense out of nonsense…that’s your problem. Only an idiot will want shallow Gallo to develop on a high profile team such as the Knicks, especially when we have a chance to get a much better player. Gallo is D-League material and if it wasn’t for the coach his narrow ass wouldn’t even be in on the Knicks, or in NBA, FACT. The jeers you heard on his draft day is just getting louder.

    If you were a real fan of the Knicks…correction “The Game”, you would be happy to know an opportunity exist for this team to get better. But, Noooo, you want this scrub to stay and further embarrass the city and the organization. He had his chance to shine and blew it, so stop wishing on a dim star and turn the lights on so you can see the bigger picture. Wtf are you still sticking up for this guy, even after his horrible display in pre-season. You do know pre-season shows if you improved or not, right? I can’t believe you fake fans want to still gamble on him. smfh
    I am all for trading Gallo if we can acquire Melo but you are a tool. You seethe with hate and drip gay juice all over the place...Gallo a d-leaguer? GTFOH! Further stating your opinion as fact only highlights what a no nothing idiot you are.

    I don't know how you can call anyone a fake fan when from your very first post have been hating on our players, coach and management. The only real balling you do is bawling out your eyes with your constant crying and bitching. It's clear to almost everyone on this forum that you are a negative emotion driven hater. Sorry negative people like you are a dime a dozen and make me want to puke.

    BTW, what are you hiding by typing all your posts in WORD? Yo do know that you can type in that little box you paste your emo outbursts in...right?

  12. #57
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I have 2 eyes showing me the truth.
    Sometimes your eyes only show you what you want to see. Tell me, what is your general opinion on international players in the NBA?

  13. #58
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    Dirk goes back to Wuerzburg to work out with Gschwindner each and every summer. Nobody would call him lazy. As long as I don't know what he did in Italy, I would refrain from passing judgement on his summer.



    Sorry, this is just flat out ridiculous. The main plus about European big men are their superior ball handling skills which make up for a certain lack of physical toughness. The reason is that the European approach to basketball until the age of 16 is that every player should be able to play each position. Dribbling should be well developed by the age of 14.

    There is no need to wreck our brains before the season has actually even started.
    Newsflash: Gallo is not Dirk. Dirk is an All-Star year-in-year-out so comparing the two is silly. That's what I was told when I USED to compare Gallo to Durant even though they are the same age and position. But of course Gallo is "European" so words like "lazy" or "stupid" CAN'T be used to describe him. Its gotta be "hard-working" and "basketball IQ" when you describe Gallo. Here is another newsflash: when you come back from vacation with the same bad habits, that MIGHT mean you didn't practice GOOD habits on your break. Call me crazy.....

  14. #59
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    @TRillion...

    Now here you go…lol, dweebs.

    If you must know, I hate on poor management, and players. We blew opportunities and I made that clear in many of my earlier post. When I first came here I was disgusted at the crying over Lebron’s decision and I made that clear. When I started noticing the Gallo fan fair I just had to speak up. You have a problem with that? Too freaking bad…get a life. You don’t know me; and stop acting like you have some balls over the net. I can see right thru most of you guys. Stay focus, stick to the topics and stop acting like some internet hermit.
    <O</O
    I have very little tolerance for weakness, and I will speak on it where ever I go…deal with it or stfu. If you rather pay your money to go watch an insipid team, go right ahead. As for me, I’m paying to see greatness, and if we have that chance to be great I will encourage that movement. Gallo is not part of the movement, be delusional is you choose to, no sweat off my back. And wtf are you worrying about where I type my post? Now that’s Gay…
    <O
    I’m outta here, time to start my weekend fun. Hang around if you want, I’ll probably jump back on later…that’s if I see something worth commenting on.


    @Pat

    I like a few of them, but this Gallo dude is just not NBA material...plain and simple.

  15. #60
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Newsflash: Gallo is not Dirk. Dirk is an All-Star year-in-year-out so comparing the two is silly.
    I am not saying that he is going to be a Dirk like player but merely stating the fact that he did not stay in the US over the summer does not suffice as a reason to call him lazy.
    As far as the bad habits are concerned I would like to offer you a hyothesis: What if he went back to Italy, his mind set on working on his post up game (as his range is pretty decent for a player of his size already) and once training camp started he was asked to stroke it from distance again because of Amare will free up space on the perimeter? Of course it would take him some time to get back into shape.
    I am not claiming this to be true, but I want to point out that there are different reasons why things might be what they are AT THE MOMENT and we are all no insiders.
    As a fan you might have a legitimate point once the season is well under way and the situation is still the same. This is only PRE-season.

    @ Real NY Baller? Which ones do you like?

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks @ Celtics 23/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2010, 09:39
  2. Bucks @ Knicks 22/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2010, 17:39
  3. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 20:10
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25
  5. Stop the WHINING.. PLEASE!! & READ
    By lilman_bklyn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 16:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •