Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lakers r gonna stink

Default lakers r gonna stink

the laker's run has ended. after their 3 peat they were supposed t owin some more championships. now that they lost to detroit this year, and to san antonio last year, they broke apart. phil is gone so they need a good coach. kob is leavin so they need a pg. shaq wants out but they will prolly get someone good 4 him. malone is injured so he is gonna stink. and payton is the only good player they got left .this all just goes to show u that they prolly r gonna be like 8th in nexty ear's playoff spot.

they might not be that bad cuz GP is coming back. kobe might stay because shaq is going. so in the end it might not be a bad team.

They won't stink. Take my word for it.

kobe said he wants his own team and he hates shaq. with shaq gone its going to be his team and he wont deal with shaq.

I hate the Lakers, but I won't say that they will suck next season. I think they're a fourth place team in the Western Conference at worst. Thats not bad for a team that will be revamped. Malone is a huge questionmark for the Lakers too. Next season will greatly depend on who the Lakers get for Shaq, and they are asking teams for three of their good players for the Big Guy.

if they still have kobe or shaq they wont be as bad as you think

Lurker

Originally Posted by Only The Knicks
    Hey Only The knicks...you joined the club, i took your advice in your sig and joined here. see ya on the boards.......and i dont think the Lakers are going to stink next year

Originally Posted by Lakers GuRu
    Originally Posted by Only The Knicks
    Hey Only The knicks...you joined the club, i took your advice in your sig and joined here. see ya on the boards.......and i dont think the Lakers are going to stink next year
    Yeah man see you around CL and here.

Lakers could very well not make the playoffs next year depending if Malone/Slava leave our team.

The thing you fail to realize is that we're doing something called "re-building." By trading Shaq, we sped up that process.

Give the Lakers a 3 years and we'll be back in the running for a title.

A team with Kobe, Odom, GP, Butler, Grant, and Vlade isn't going to stink. The Lakers aren't over. I don't think we will be winning any titles this season or maybe even next season, but with Rudy T, you never know. Look at what he did with a 7th placed Rockets team.

the lakers are not going to be bad but there not going to be good. they wont finsh in the top 4 in the playoffs

Originally Posted by JJtheKnick
    the lakers are not going to be bad but there not going to be good. they wont finsh in the top 4 in the playoffs
    I disagree. I think they will be third. If youl look at the West, the only teams better are the Wolves and Spurs. Who else do you think is better?

I think Malone's decision really will affect the Lakers chances as to how far they go.

In no way do I see us seriously contending for a title next year, but hey-- we're re-building. It takes time.

Originally Posted by jsm0331
    I disagree. I think they will be third. If youl look at the West, the only teams better are the Wolves and Spurs. Who else do you think is better?
    what about houston, kings and you never know the nuggets. plus the lakers are a brand new team. new coach new players new everything and remember the knicks last season they were new and look what happen.

what about houston, kings and you never know the nuggets. plus the lakers are a brand new team. new coach new players new everything and remember the knicks last season they were new and look what happen.
    -Houston has no depth and no PG.
    -Kings are old and lost the most important piece of their team to the Lakers and they aren't planning on signing anyone new.
    -Nuggets only have added K-Mart, who won't do as well in the West, but they are losing a lot of their depth. Barry, Lenard, Anderson, and Rodney White are all going or have gotten deals with other teams.