What a letdown

tiger0330

Legend
D'Antoni saying Randolph looks to be the 10th man in a 9-10 man rotation when he plays 10 in a game. And many of you thought he was going to be the NBA 6th man of the year.

And D'Antoni just giving Gallo the starting SF job after his mediocre pre-season, don't tell me it doesn't have something to do with him being his godson.

If we can get Melo for both of these 2 guys it will be a rape of the Nugs by the Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
Sounds like the 2010 Plan back-fired.
Lowering the salary-cap got us looking like a lottery franchise team joining the NBA.
We could all "Thank" Donnie Walsh Lebron dream (turn into Melo dream), and the 2 years of foolishness from Dantoni
:barf:thanku Walsh/Dantoni for a 2010-11 30 sumthin win season

Paul1355

All Star
D'Antoni saying Randolph looks to be the 10th man in a 9-10 man rotation when he plays 10 in a game. And many of you thought he was going to be the NBA 6th man of the year.

And D'Antoni just giving Gallo the starting SF job after his mediocre pre-season, don't tell me it doesn't have something to do with him being his godson.

If we can get Melo for both of these 2 guys it will be a rape of the Nugs by the Knicks.

bro Randolph is a head case, until he starts driving to the basket, limiting turnovers, boxing out to get rebounds, and block more shots which he is capable of doing is when he could get big minutes, until then Chandler at the 4 is better.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
While I'm certainly not ready to give up on him, Randolph looks like a LONG term project. He just looks so lost... He looks at the bench everytime he does something wrong, like a scolded child. I know we can all probably blame Don Nelson for that, but if this kid is that emotionally fragile, it doesn't bode well for him reaching his potential.

Randolph isnt being used properly. Point blank. Post him up within 10 ft of the basket and let him operate on bigger players using his quickness. Smaller players using his height advantage. No way should this guy be handling the ball 20-25 ft from the rim. Bring it up occasionally OK. But once we're in the half court he should be posting. This is on the COACH...

Paul1355

All Star
Randolph isnt being used properly. Point blank. Post him up within 10 ft of the basket and let him operate on bigger players using his quickness. Smaller players using his height advantage. No way should this guy be handling the ball 20-25 ft from the rim. Bring it up occasionally OK. But once we're in the half court he should be posting. This is on the COACH...
does his handling of Randolph remind you of how he handled Al Harrington?

We know Harrington was better posting up but never did and always shot threes?

I really havent been keeping up with the Knicks. So I couldnt answer your question about Harrington.

I've watched every preseason game and if he is going to use this kid like this it'll be a waste. The kid cant shoot, why he is even thinking about shooting a 3 pointer is ridiculous. Put him in the box he'll be much more effective...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I told all of you about Randolph.

I said he had no IQ - check

... that he was a freelancer (meaning he can't play w in the system)- check

.. that he couldn't shoot- check

.. that he couldn't defend the post - check

Gallo will also turn out to be just as I predict..

He will pan out as a solid compliment to Amare as our starting SF AND develop into an All-star caliber player.

Don't be fooled. These 2 guys are not in the same class.

Last edited:

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I felt that their had to be a reason Don Nelson didn't play him. Randolph is capable of being good but doesn't have the mentality. He needs to get past mistakes and just keep playing. Young players have these problems, and some mature faster than others.

The preseason was played mostly by the bench and the Knicks will look better as the season goes on.

knicksin60

Starter
I thought Randolph was the second coming of Marcus Camby.It will probably take half a season until the people, who believe that his potential was through the roof, ask for his release.Seems like Don Nelson knew what he was doing when he got rid of him.It won't be long until he gets put into the same category as Maurice Taylor, Jerome James, Eddy Curry and other players who failed with the Knicks during the Jim Dolan era.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
All the blame is going at the wrong person... it all starts and end with the coach, especially in basketball...'antoni is a piece of crap and will never be able to give a kid like Randolph the coaching needed to blossom. Yea Randolph has shown to be very green, his shot selection and decisions have much to be desired... but as stated previously what is he learning in practice... He's gone from worse(Don Nelson) and improved to bad(D'antoni)... Getting a real coach in here and watch this guy start to show is potential

Guys dont get me wrong RANDOLPH HAS TALENT. He just isnt being used properly. Like another poster said thats on the coach. Put him in the box and he'll be fine, until his jumper develops a little more. If he's traded to denver I'll gaurantee he'll average at least 15 and 10 under Karl, this year. Karl had Shawn Kemp out of HS with oodles of talent Karl coached him up. Kemp didnt have a outside game either.