McGrady to Houston. Francis to Orlando

rady

Administrator
Staff member
what more can i say, this is such a steal for the rockets

The prospect of playing alongside high school star Dwight Howard and an easier road to the playoffs were enough to persuade Houston Rockets guard Steve Francis to drop his objections to a trade that would send him to the Orlando Magic for NBA leading scorer Tracy McGrady, according to his agent.

The Magic is expected to announce the trade, which was held up a week after Francis balked at playing for the last-place team, on Wednesday, according to a source with knowledge of the deal. Francis, a three-time all-star, is flying to Orlando today to meet with the Magic's management, including President John Weisbrod, the man who persuaded Francis to move to Orlando.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5320088/

JJtheKnick

Starter
this trade is soo good for the magic. now they got a good PG, a good SG and they got the new center. this team is going to be hot. i expect them to finish in the top 5.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
i didnt like how tmac wanted to leave the magic after 1 really bad season, but yeah now the rockets have a great big man-guard combo to work with, great for them, especially since francis and mobley werent very consistent scorers, they also got a pretty good PF in howard, and personally i dont think francis is even that good so yeah, i agree rady

newmove

Rotation player
I think the trade is very good for Rockets. They've got Mac, Lue and Juwan. Damn, it's hot. Plus they've got big yao.
I think Orlando's management did another dumb tade since niether Stevie nor Cat werent great scorers rather defenders....