Game 1: NYK@TOR 10/27 7:00

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
wasn't pretty but i liked the rotation... if this team can avoid injuries it could dig in and make a run... pro sports are wars of attrition... injuries in the end will tell the tell for us. randolph gallo moz stat will all have to say on the court for this team to compete. they can't just waltz out there every 10 days and stretch and go back into the locker room for a rubdown or we will be doomed. we have a pretty thin margin for err 4sure.. go knickerbockerssssssssssssss this was a win to build on

Gonna catch the replay on MSG but just by looking at the box score my only comments are..

Wilson Chandler is great
10 ****ing blocks.. wow
KNICKS WIN

Lets keep it up

knicksin60

Starter
If Chandler continues to put up those type of numbers, the Blazers and other NBA teams will probably regret not wanting him in a trade.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Le Good:

Felton's dribble drive, hustle and toughness.
Fields' outside shot, D and nose for loose rebounds. Great game.
Chandler's offensive influence, rebounding, defence and shot creation. POTG
STAT's 4th quarter close out shots and blocks + taking pivotal charge.
Mozgov's D was nice.
Turiaf's power of the beard. He was huge for us tonight.
Douglas' D and jumper looking polished.
Gallo's rebounding in the 4th.

Le sh?t:

How many long, out of sequence jumpers did we take with a big lead? We had so much flexibility on the score board and wasted it. Move the ball, use the clock and get the high % looks. Atrocious.

The Gov's fouls were so unnecessary. There's being physical, and there's being physically handicapped.
Gallo took the ball to the hoop ONCE! ****ing ONCE! Drew a foul made his FTs. Stop being a one trick, chuck for luck shooter for ****'s sake!
STAT's TOs. Too often Amar'e went head down and ignored passing options.
Mason Jr. in general, is a muppet.
Walker missed a dunk and was ineffective.
Rautins is on our team.

A win's great, but if we don't push in transition and rebound against Boston, we are going to lose by roughly 1 grillion points.

Paul1355

All Star
Amare came through at the right time and took over the game even though he didnt have a particulary strong game.

THe MVP is Wilson Chandler and the biggest helpers were Douglas and Ronny Turiaf...

Mozgov's foul trouble killed us....he needs to stop with the stupid fouls...he knows it too.

Gallinari was horrible...bricked his shots again...he is really having a bad start...he has to get it together. He has to drive more.

Billy Walker had a bad game but i liked his aggressiveness, i'd rather him do bad and be aggressive then make some shots and just camp out at the three point line like Gallo does.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
So happy we came out with a win and are undefeated.

There's a lot of things this team needs to work on, most of all I wanted Gallo to take it inside.

Chandler is the MAN. This is the Chandler I want to see every game.

mafra

Legend
As much as we all loved David Lee, last night was the perfect example why this team desperately needed a LEGIT super star. STAT took over late in the 4th when we needed it most.... and thus we win the game.

I will say.... WHAT WAS FELTON THINKING? We have a 5-point lead with 1:25 left in the game, and he dribbles up and chucks a 3-pointer, not wasting the shot clock? Basically handing TOR an extra possesion? That poor decision ALMOST cost us the game.

Come on RF.... you have to be smarter than that!

Wilson Chandler just might be entering ALL-STAR territory. If he can deliver performances like that consistently.... then we have lift-off!

He led us offensively while stopping the other team's best player! All I can say is WOW.

GREAT JOB Fields. Im-freaking-pressive.

STAT had 10 rebounds. I want to see him average at least 8. Good to see that stat.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
We were not great but as win is a win. I think that we have to recognise the fact that out of the five starters only one player, Gallo, was playing for us last season. It will take time to gel.

Gallo had another stinker. Maybe we should start with Fields at shooting guard and Chandler at small forward and bench Gallo until he starts to show that he is going to do more than stand on the three point line like a bloody statue and simply throw up three`s.

I was very impressed with Landry Fields, a great game for a second round pick.

mafra

Legend
It was a win against a bad team. Mozgov came back to earth, he found out playing against roster hopefuls in the preseason ain't exactly like show time. Maybe Stat goes to the 5 and Wilson to the 4, Wilson beasted it tonight, Landry played well enough along with TD, Gallo and Felton were OK.

Happy for the W but Toronto sux.

I hate to say this, b/c even as I'm about to type it I know it'll never be (or come to fruition)... But after having witnessed (with my own 2 eyes) Brian Zubek leading Duke to a title.... All I can say is you never know... and as long as there's still time there's still hope...

THE KNICKS REALLY DO NEED, COULD USE, WHATEVER, THE SERVICES OF E-CURRY.

They've assigned Anthony Mason to work him out and motivate him, the dudue is out of cash, and his career hangs in the balance (as this is his walk year).

Imagine having that 300 pounder on the block... the same one that averaged about 18 ppg.

I don't expect this to happen.... But who knows.

Even if it does happen, I don't anticipate Curry having any impact of significance until after Jan.

BUt what if Curry works himself back into some sort of shape by end of November? Starts getting in game shape, and proving something to MD thru December. Watches his minutes grow thru Jan.... Where he's starting come Feb, and scoring 15 ppg by March?

If the Knicks get the 8th seed.... Image having MIA contend with Amar'e & Stat down low... Bosh would be eaten alive.

Anyway, I'll stop dreaming now. BUt I did watch Zubek come from nowhere after 3.5 years of doing nothing to lead Duke to a title. Maybe Curry has a final chapter in him?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I am glad we got the win even though Amare had a less than stellar game. That is a great sign! He did come through when we needed him and is showing that he can be that "go to" player in crunch time. (Red)

jimkcchief88

All Star
Nice win by our Knicks!!! Chandler and Amare is a nice one-two punch. Why is D'ant's godson starting again over Chandler??? Enough with that "elite" shooter stuff Gallo shoots so many bricks the third little pig is jealous.... Nice road win though go KNICKS!!!

mafra

Legend
Nice win by our Knicks!!! Chandler and Amare is a nice one-two punch. Why is D'ant's godson starting again over Chandler??? Enough with that "elite" shooter stuff Gallo shoots so many bricks the third little pig is jealous.... Nice road win though go KNICKS!!!

Who cares who starts? It matter who finishes games. Chandler was on the floor when it mattered most.

Like you said, Gallo starts b/c he wouldn't help the 2nd unit.

We need Wilson right now to come out and give us punch from the bench. The second unit helped build the lead. Now, this might change is Gallo continues to play poorly and Wilson continues to show he's our second best player.

But for now it's cool.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Good win last night. It was important for this newly constructed team to start off on a positive note. I liked the choice of starters Dantoni selected and was particularly impressed with Fields. He didn't look nervous at all and had great composure for a rookie. Knicks are beginning to make a living off of 2nd round players. Although we won, we gave up a big lead and allowed waaay too many uncontested layups. I know we had a ton of blocks which is good but against better teams we HAVE to defend the paint better.

Amare - Forced a lot of shots but came through in the clutch (something Lee would have never done). Amare is a beast but hopefully he understands that some teams will choose to pack the paint as he makes his move so he needs to be aware of this and find the open man. He'll be great for us.

Mozgov - I love his size and effort. Once he learns how to stay on the court he'll be fine.

Fields - Has already surpassed Gallo IMO just by the way he understands shot selection. He took 3s when given and drove to the basket when the opportunity presented itself. Great game rook!

Gallo - Same ol G! I was surprised at the way he preferred the role of invisible role player when he was on the court with the bench in the 3rd qtr. Chandler had the balls and instinct to take the lead and become the go-to guy (which Gallo should have also done). This let me know that Gallo is best suited to come off the bench and be a Korver type player. Not feeling Gallo at all right now (and neither is Denver).

Felton - Good all around game. Was aggressive going to the basket and made some nice passes (even if it didn't lead directly to an assist).

Douglas - His defense wasn't at his usual level but he hit some important shots and was solid.

Turiaf - I love this guy! Hustle, heart, energy. He the perfect Oakley type player for us.

Walker - WTF happened to this guy? He can't play any worse than he did last night so that's good (I guess)

Mason - Why is he getting minutes???

Chandler - Player of the game. His trade value just ejaculated.

Overall, good win but the way we played will not get it done against the stronger teams in the east. Must improve interior defense against layups. Rebounding was subpar and needs to be improved also. Gallo NEEDS to diversify his game (for the zillionth time) to give us more scoring threats.

Boston just got embarrassed by CLE so expect them to be ready to chop our heads off early on Friday.

iSaYughh

Starter
STAT a little wild, but it was his first game at MSG so I am sure he was extra amped.

Chandler was what he was doing fairly frequently, but still inconsistently in parts of last year. Does he now have consistency (and can he be injury free)?

Walker looked aggressive, and his game was still there (maybe even better with an improved body). As long as he stays healthy he WILL be a very nice asset for us.

Gallo..Rebounded with winning instincts and ability when we needed it. He bricked a lot. Well, he won't be bricking a lot over the course of a season. He has a nice shot and a sweet 3pt stroke no matter his deficiencies.

He needs to drive. The world knows this. What happened when he did drive (as typically happens)? He got the foul, and inked is FTs.

Even if his skills never truly improve, per say, just by going to the hoop a bit more during a game, he'd be a ~17-6-3 blk/stl a game player, with elite range.

AR will be really nice to help our stable of bigs, as Moz learns to work on his foul troubles. Moz is still uniquely effective. Kinda like AR. Turiaf is a consistent workhorse. STAT, no more to say. All 4's powers combined, even with the youth of AR and Moz, will prove to be a potent force.

Red

TYPE-A
I am glad we got the win even though Amare had a less than stellar game. That is a great sign! He did come through when we needed him and is showing that he can be that "go to" player in crunch time. (Red)

Ha...Trill...true...true

That's a good sign. Here's my two simple points...

1. Again, I've seen more blocks (10) & defense in one game than we had All Last Season. eehhhm...Lee

Defense wins games, and at the least gives teams something to think about when coming in the paint.

2. Chandler is better than Gallo. Period. And I love him (no homo) off the bench. Its simple... we let our SG & SF see if they get hot.. and if not Chandler spells them. Perfect.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Good win. Chandler was great.

Essentially all we need is Mozgov to learn how to rebound and stay on the floor and for Gallo to remove his head out of his ass. If those happen and everybody else plays consistently like they played last night, we can go very far.

Kiyaman

Legend
I hate to say this, b/c even as I'm about to type it I know it'll never be (or come to fruition)... But after having witnessed (with my own 2 eyes) Brian Zubek leading Duke to a title.... All I can say is you never know... and as long as there's still time there's still hope...

THE KNICKS REALLY DO NEED, COULD USE, WHATEVER, THE SERVICES OF E-CURRY.

They've assigned Anthony Mason to work him out and motivate him, the dudue is out of cash, and his career hangs in the balance (as this is his walk year).

Imagine having that 300 pounder on the block... the same one that averaged about 18 ppg.

I don't expect this to happen.... But who knows.

Even if it does happen, I don't anticipate Curry having any impact of significance until after Jan.

BUt what if Curry works himself back into some sort of shape by end of November? Starts getting in game shape, and proving something to MD thru December. Watches his minutes grow thru Jan.... Where he's starting come Feb, and scoring 15 ppg by March?

If the Knicks get the 8th seed.... Image having MIA contend with Amar'e & Stat down low... Bosh would be eaten alive.

Anyway, I'll stop dreaming now. BUt I did watch Zubek come from nowhere after 3.5 years of doing nothing to lead Duke to a title. Maybe Curry has a final chapter in him?

u made a great point.
I already see the week after coach Dantoni is fired, if Herb Williams is given
the interim job, he will put Eddy Curry many "low post" moves in the rotation,
we will witness Curry/Mozgov, Curry/Turiaf, and Curry/Amare tandems on
court. I dont see coach Herb using Curry in the 4th quarter but I do see
Curry at the foul line through the first 3 quarters.
Rookie Mozgov comiting 4 fouls in 7 minutes vs the Raptors has alot to do
with our headcoach not pointing out several things to Mozgov about his
oponents on the bench after the first 2 fouls in 2 minutes of the first quarter.
I blame Eddy Curry two years of no-service on Donnie Walsh (big
mouth) 2010-Plan, and our headcoach ignorance of using NBA bigmen.
Dantoni do not know how to setup a low-post play for Eddy Curry, and it
looks like assistant Herb Williams refuse to teach him.
:gony:

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Fields did a good job knocking down his shots and looked like a for sure good player. Upside with him could be great. What a steal! On the other end of it, Gallo looked completely shit. So many missed shots I have to think what he was thinking. To me when he went into the post and got his back to his man and then faced up seemed to do him well. There was also a time he had the lane and he decided to step back and take a three which is not good when your not on.

Amare did well, but we should have milked him down the stretch as he was itching the for the ball in the post and he was doing Evans dirty. Love that we started off well. Right now we look ok and I for sure would not mind getting rid of Gallo after that performance.

Turief was a beast in that low post. Just what we needed a fantastic banger/shot blocker who doesn't take any shit and is tough. Can't wait to see how we do against Boston. Don't expect a win, but holding it close would be just fine by me.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Who cares who starts? It matter who finishes games. Chandler was on the floor when it mattered most.

Like you said, Gallo starts b/c he wouldn't help the 2nd unit.

We need Wilson right now to come out and give us punch from the bench. The second unit helped build the lead. Now, this might change is Gallo continues to play poorly and Wilson continues to show he's our second best player.

But for now it's cool.

Quoted for truth. That is extremely true.