No Tolerance Tech Rule Will 'F' The NBA.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I don't know how many of you have been keeping an eye on this, but it's ****ing ridiculous.

Players win or lose games. Not referees.

I watched Houston V LA today, and there was a call against Kevin Martin that would provoke a sports fan to murder in the first if it cost their team a game.

Should be in the NBA section, but who reads that?

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I watched both games and I have to say it was stupid the amount of pointless points made about the new T rules. To be honest it almost makes all the enegry go right out the window. I thought that when they took away the right to give hard fouls was a step backwards. I mean it was a big part of the game and I think that kind of stuff put fear into people from making easy buckets in the lane.

The Pacers and I think the sucker punch by Melo and maybe some other moments really made David do this. I don't like it though and I feel we are losing what makes the NBA great. I don't mind the fact that players can't talk with officials, but all the other stuff is nonsense and it is getting to the point where officials are going to make or break the game and not the players.

All the fun in sports is slowly being sucked out of it. As if the poli-tricks weren't enough, we now have to deal with emotionless drones on the courts and fields. Passion is a part of sports. Trash talking, celebrations and contact is the soul of sports. Take that away (along with speaking up) and adding a few more games to the season with less pay will only weakend what most of us view and enjoy as a past time. Money and Ego's is killing sports. It's a good thing we still have the playgrounds...

mafra

Legend
Typical arrogance from David Stern.

THE NBA is notorious for it's poor officiating. One NBA ref was busted for fixing-rigging games. What's Stern's response to this? Stricter rules and enforcement against those who now voice any displeasure to the officials? Classic.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
David Stern has been trying to tinker with the game and should let it be. I remember when he tried to change the ball and that was rejected. I do think that the players should be allowed to show emotion over a call just maybe not attack the ref in any manner verbally. Cursing or not.

Passion is leaving this game and I have no idea what David is trying to do.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I would agree if it were really that hard to have some self control and not have to complain about every single call (especially the blatant ones.)

But it's not. You still see players talking to refs after calls so obviously you can still voice your opinion. Visibly complaining =/= voicing your opinion.

If the tech cuts down on this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/avJdfr9rGkU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/avJdfr9rGkU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

then I'm all for it. And if you continue to get T'd up game after game then I'm sure your teammates, coaching staff, family, fans, local media, vendors, janitors, people at the toll booth, etc. will get in your ass for constantly whining like a bitch.

elcol

Rotation player
interestingly enough this has actually helped the knicks, they seem pretty cool headed and we haven't been affected too much by it. i do think the rule is annoying and SLOWS down the game, but right now all i see is knicks getting free throws and free posessions..so

Paul1355

All Star
I don't know how many of you have been keeping an eye on this, but it's ****ing ridiculous.

Players win or lose games. Not referees.

I watched Houston V LA today, and there was a call against Kevin Martin that would provoke a sports fan to murder in the first if it cost their team a game.

Should be in the NBA section, but who reads that?

this is horrible.

They should only do this to players who constantly complain and curse at refs...anything else should be not be called...if u clap your hands its a whistle...if u shake your head a whistle, it is just ridiculous.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
this is horrible.

They should only do this to players who constantly complain and curse at refs...anything else should be not be called...if u clap your hands its a whistle...if u shake your head a whistle, it is just ridiculous.

Agree, Chandler got whistled for clapping his hands. He almost never reacts, and I'm not even sure he clapped because of the referee. Some players like Chandler and others like him should be taken to consideration for that call.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Yea the whistle for the clapping of the hands was by a rookie ref tho, refs can have rookie mistakes too. I saw several times last night when players from both sides were screwing up their faces and complaining but no whistle.

I still don't see what the big deal is, everyone is acting like people can't use self control. How is it any different from baseball where you can voice your complaints to the umpire but you can't argue balls and strikes (and players still do anyway with no consequence) and you can't "show him up?" Wanna complain? fine. Wanna throw your arms all over the place like a little kid that wants a toy but can't have it? You're gonna cost your team some points and eventually get kicked outta the game. The remedy? Don't do it.

I mean...wasn't STAT pointing at his elbow after he hit that 3 late in the game? Was he screaming and carrying on or was he just pointing and saying "elbow?" Did he get his point across? Did he get T'd up?