Ewing open to Knick return

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Ewing open to Knick return

Ewing, who completed his first season as an assistant coach with the Houston Rockets, spoke with Knicks president Isiah Thomas three weeks ago about possibly rejoining the Knicks. However, there are no vacancies on Lenny Wilkens' staff, and Ewing is reluctant to take a front-office position with an undefined role. The last thing Ewing wants is to become a glorified mascot for the franchise.

Also, Ewing has said on several occasions that his goal is to become an NBA head coach, and his chances could be hurt if he moves into the management side of basketball.

Coincidentally, a management position in the Knicks' front office became available yesterday when Willis Reed was formally introduced as the new vice president of basketball operations for the New Orleans Hornets. Both John Starks and Earl Monroe are candidates to replace Reed.

http://www.knicksonline.com/0304/getart.php?id=1133

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
I hope Isiah is able to work something out and gives Pat a job on the bench. Ewing worked hard for the Knicks and he deserves a job as a coach if that is what he wants.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Don't get me wrong, Ewing will always be one of my favorite Knicks, but they should just Lenny and his people do their thing. If a assistant coach position opened up then definetely, but don't get rid of anyone just to put Ewing's name on the bench.

ARKATECH

Rookie
Ewing is one of the greatest centers of all time, and one of the 2 or 3 great centers of his time. I think he would be a great coach/ mentor/ influence to the big men on our team. He could teach them how to play with that fire he came with every night. Because, even though i like the direction the team is going, our big men need to show more heart, and exibit a more dominating will. That was classic pat.[/code]

ARKATECH

Rookie
not of all time but in his time yea.

Yeah of all time!!

**not in any particular order
1.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
2.Wilt Chamberlain
3.Bill Walton
4.Shaquille O'Neal
5.Patrick Ewing
6.Hakeem Olajuwon
7.David Robinson
8.Bill Russell
9.Nate Thurmond
10.Willis Reed

All these guys are from the 50 greatest players list, and they are the best of the centers on the list ( look at the stats) . Now pat is better than mabey half of thoes on this list. Pat feard no one on the court. You name 10 centers who were better???

(and if that coment was aimed at me)
I don't do crack just stats.

WiL8000

Rotation player
You can't fight stats. But in the eyes of Knicks fans like myself, he is one of the greatest. I'd love to see him brought back to the organization as one of the coaching staff.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
wasnt bill walton a power forward? and im pretty sure he was overrated, and i cant stand him as a commentator for nba games, lol

ARKATECH

Rookie
nah bill walton was a center ..... but as a commentator he's hilarious i can't really stand him either but i'd rather him that Walt clyde Frazier.

WiL8000

Rotation player
You can't take Walton too seriously. I find him extremely funny as hell though, as a comentator.

nycballa91

Benchwarmer
i dont think so

ewing may be a great basketball player but i dont think he is that great of a coach. lenny's staff is full of many great people so they dont need him. even though he is one of the best players it doesnt mean he is a great coach.

newmove

Rotation player
Re: i dont think so

nycballa91 said:
ewing may be a great basketball player but i dont think he is that great of a coach. lenny's staff is full of many great people so they dont need him. even though he is one of the best players it doesnt mean he is a great coach.
He might share his experience with young players though. Maybe not as a coach but as some assistant...

JJtheKnick

Starter
hes not that good as a coach because he was there to advance yao but look what he did yao was a dissapointment this season