Bargnani is better than Gallo

moneyg

Starter
if i had to pick between these two italian guys.

im takin bargnani.

i dont see gallo improving that much more.. he is not that athletic. looks like he is running in sand

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Big B was drafted first overall a couple years back if I remember correctly, so ya he is better. He has a lot of upside and just needs another scoring buddy to help him carry the load.

mafra

Legend
Bargnani is also 3 years older. He's an inch or so taller, right?

BUt, he's exactly the type of player you hope Gallo becomes sometime in the next 2 years.

moneyg

Starter
thats my point.. i dont see gallo improving that much... and its not like bargnani is an all star.. i like gallo. but i think tooo many people on this site expect too much from him..

i just dont c it...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Ha! Running in sand... Like it. He definitely doesn't hit top speed until 3rd gear. But he's not as slow as most people think, he just looks like he's been having prison sex before he kicks in to motion.

Don't get me wrong, he's definitely not quick, but he has to warm up to that third gear and then he's got some pace.

Are you referring to the Raptors game when he was running up the wing closest to the game cam? I saw that too.

mafra

Legend
I wouldnt have drafted either one of them if I was a gm

Eric Gordon was the smart pick. I think they had their heart set on Westbrook (as with Curry the following draft). And when both were taken right before we selected, it kind of threw us off.

Apparently, the choice was narrowed down to Randolph or Gallo at that point. I was ALL FOR GORDON.... thought he would be perfect fit in this system. Oh well.

Let's not say anything yet though. Give him 1 more season.

Both are disappointments so far in their careers..

Both were hailed as the next Dirk Nowitzki and neither have lived up to that at this point.

iJoe

Rotation player
Hmm.. I actually don't recall that much hype about either of them. That was supposed to be a pretty weak draft year and Bargnani was the number 1 pick which he never lived up to. If anything he was more hyped to be the next Dirk than anyone else. This year should be the biggest indicator of if hes improved or not as theres no Bosh to steal shots from him.

Gallo isn't very hyped at all in the league. Not many people hear about him other than NY. Hes viewed more like a Turkoglu or Stojakovic than a Dirk. His first year injuries held him back and hes still playing tentatively. Its still wayyy wayyy too early to judge anyone on this team. Youngins need a boost of confidence to get their game going. Hopefully Gallo finds his mojo sometime this season.

p0nder

Starter
Barney is the better player of the two. He's taller, has just as good of a shot, if not better/quicker release and is being better utilized by his club. Not that i expect either to be in the all-star game anytime soon...

moneyg

Starter
Ha! Running in sand... Like it. He definitely doesn't hit top speed until 3rd gear. But he's not as slow as most people think, he just looks like he's been having prison sex before he kicks in to motion.

Don't get me wrong, he's definitely not quick, but he has to warm up to that third gear and then he's got some pace.

Are you referring to the Raptors game when he was running up the wing closest to the game cam? I saw that too.

yo man.. the whole preseason...and last nite...lol.. i just dont see him getting better or becoming more athletic than he is... and now his got to move.. 3pt shot.. isnt even fallin...

but i can say he did get some tough rebounds... that i did like

iSaYughh

Starter
Ya. Bargs is a #1 pick with 3yrs more experience. Gallo has one legit "rookie" season 2yrs into the NBA.

He also plays an entirely different position than Gallo (though their similiar skillsets given them a like-minded positional versatility).

Eric Gordon was definitely the safest (best?) pick. I think he'll have a huge yr for the Clips.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
if i had to pick between these two italian guys.

im takin bargnani.

i dont see gallo improving that much more.. he is not that athletic. looks like he is running in sand

He definetly looks better, But gallo is only 22, I don't know how old bargani is BUT gallo is playing like shtttt

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Bargnani was the first overall pick and has been in the league for much longer.

Don't forget Gallo's basically in his Sophomore season.

LeFlume

All Star
Both of them will continue to improve. Their peak is years from now. At this point Bargnani is clearly the better player.

tiger0330

Legend
Well Bargani should be better with him being the #1 pick and they still like him up in Toronto. As far as Gallo this season he has an injured wrist that may be affecting his shooting so I am going to cut him slack until he's 100%.

nyk_nyk

All Star
LOL @ all the excuses for Gallo's wack play.

He's clearly not improved from last season and that's all there is to it. Stop making excuses for him. He's one dimensional and obviously not smart enough to realize that he can help his team tremendously by getting to the FT line 8 or 9 times a game.

That one play where he faked the defender into the air and then started to drive past him ONLY TO STOP AND TAKE A HOP STEP BACK TO THE 3 POINT LINE SUMS HIM ALL UP.

:teeth: