Bill Walton Loves Amar'e but has no words for Melo.

clumsy

Rotation player
When will it get through peoples skulls that Chauncey is a borderline top 5 PG.....

This trade was great really there was nothing bad about it. There is a reason why we no longer play 7 ssol and it has nothing to do with coach. Chauncey is a floor general, notice how he takes his time setting up most of the time.

KnicksFan17

Benchwarmer
There are a lot of Melo haters out there. A lot of people think he's a one dimensional scorer, but he's the best at what he does and people should recognize that. Bron might be a more complete player, but if you need buckets at the end of games there isn't a guy in the NBA I would take over Melo and that includes Kobe, Lebron, and Wade. A lot of people get so wrapped up in stats that they forget the most basic concept of the game. Score more points than the other team. Melo is the best pure scorer in the NBA and he can't be stopped by any defense. We saw him as the leading scorer of the USA national team under D'Antoni so we know what he's capable of. He might hog the ball from time to time, but I think D'Antoni's system is going to make him less selfish since he knows he'll be getting the ball back if he passes it. You would probably hog the ball also if you knew you could basically score the ball at will against any defense. I don't know why Walton started hating on him because he called Melo the best player on team USA a few years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36qQScFoHC4

KBlack25

Starter
I know that not everyone loves Melo, but Simmons made a good point:

The one thing Melo is best at is probably the single most important thing in a basketball game: he has a great ability to score with less than 3 minutes left.