Felton Or Jennings? Randolph Or Hill? Lee Or Stat?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Jefferies trade made a Felton signing possible.

We lost Hill in the trade with a 1st rounder as well.

We drafted Hill ahead of Jennings.

We acquired Randolph in the S&T for Lee.

The S&T for Lee made STAT a Knickerbocker.

There has been so much whinging that still, after a whole off-season, rears its ugly head on occasion. So, I'm going to be keeping a close watch on these players.

-Felton VS Jennings will be the focal.
brandon-jennings-bucks.jpg

-Randolph VS Hill will be interesting.
knicks--300x450.jpg

-Lee VS STAT should be a bit of a wash for STAT - hopefully - if he can scrape up some more dimes and boards.
DavidLee_275b.jpg

☆This goes without mentioning the stealthy signing of The Gov and the 37th pick swindle of Sir Landry Fields Esq.

Two fantastic signings.

All in all, have we really done so incredibly poorly? Some say yes, some say no.

I say...... We've done pretty bloody well.

Defence is back in O&B.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Jennings, but Felton is still a great pickup.

Hard to say. I would choose Randolph because I know what he is capable of. Hill is a question mark.

As much as I like Lee, Amare is better.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Jennings v. Holiday

Jennings would certainly have been a better pick than Hill and I expect Jennings to have a very solid career. I believe that there is a good chance, however, that within two years we will regret having passed on Jrue Holiday rather than having passed on Jennings.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
You replace Lee for STAT and we'd be screwed. Guys like Felton, Chandler, Walker, "Gallo" (supposed to be but he looks awful as of now) are benefiting by STAT getting tripled team. If Lee was here, Chandler and Felton would not have games this big. STAT gets the utmost respect from teams. Right now he's still learning on the fly how to handle being completely targeted when on offence. STAT will be a high turnover guy until we get Melo, but once he gets his knack he'll easily average 25 plus nightly.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I mean, we passed on Darren Collison and look how that turned out...

how? collison will fail in a system where the players are used to being spoon fed from CP3.....collison will fade into black if he doesnt ahve a rondo type game...and soon,.

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
Felton > Jennings. Jennings has athletic talent but he's not a smart player. Anyone that shoots as badly as he does should recognize that he's hurting the team by shooting so much no matter how many PPG he gets. The fact that he keeps shooting is screaming that he's a "me first" kind of player that does not understand the game. Right now he's Marbury and Iverson light - talented players that could not win because they never learned how to play basketball.

Lee > Amare - Amare is the much better scorer, but Lee is the better rebounder, play maker, turns the ball over much less often, and actually steals it more often. The problem with Lee is that you need a good defensive C to play with him because he's undersized and not long. If you have that though, it's close, but Lee is hair better.

Randolph > Hill - This is not even close. Randolph is a very good rebounder and shot blocker (check his per 36 minutes stats in Golden State), much better athlete, several years younger, taller, longer, better ball handler, better passer etc... He just needs some time. He's very young and lost most of last year.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Felton > Jennings. Jennings has athletic talent but he's not a smart player. QUOTE]

Bullshit, complete and utter bullshit. Bjennings is much better, a better passer, he's faster, younger, and is a rebounding PG that will have a jason kiddesque career

p0nder

Starter
^man, i can not understand how anyone would say that Lee is better then STAT. the guy is a perrennial all-star with decent play on both sides of the ball. as far as a 1 vs 1 comparrison goes, STAT is going to blow lee's numbers out of the water, while providing us much better defense. If we put them on the court, 1v1 who do u think would win?

the other two comparrisons i'm less sure about. I think Randolph is the better player right now, but we'll see where these guys develop.

and jennings v felton, i would say felton Right now but we'll see how jennings does as he learns the game. I think he is highly overrated right now and will end up a career backup pg. but we'll see.

richtree

Rotation player
The Rockets exercised Jordan Hill's 3rd year of his contract but he doesn't see the floor in Hourston.

We could probably have him back for peanuts because you know the Rockets are trying to package him out soon.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Update

raymond_felton.jpg

Raymond Felton
New York
Position: Guard
Height: 6-1 Weight: 205
College: North Carolina
Player file | Team stats

2010-11 Statistics
PPG 17.4
RPG 4.0
APG 7.7
SPG 1.9
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.467
FT% 0.898
3P% 0.377
MPG 36.7

brandon_jennings.jpg

Brandon Jennings
Milwaukee Sucks
Position: Guard
Height: 6-1 Weight: 169
High School: Oak Hill Academy (VA)
Player file | Team stats

2010-11 Statistics
PPG 17.3
RPG 4.6
APG 5.8
SPG 1.2
BPG 0.2
FG% 0.394
FT% 0.807
3P% 0.343
MPG 35.4

In every category, bar being behind Jennings in RPG by 0.6, Felton is outdoing 'the PG that could have been'.

Who gives a **** if it's marginal?

Ray Ray>>>>>>>Lemmings

sg8

Benchwarmer
Felton > Jennings. Jennings has athletic talent but he's not a smart player. Anyone that shoots as badly as he does should recognize that he's hurting the team by shooting so much no matter how many PPG he gets. The fact that he keeps shooting is screaming that he's a "me first" kind of player that does not understand the game. Right now he's Marbury and Iverson light - talented players that could not win because they never learned how to play basketball.

Lee > Amare - Amare is the much better scorer, but Lee is the better rebounder, play maker, turns the ball over much less often, and actually steals it more often. The problem with Lee is that you need a good defensive C to play with him because he's undersized and not long. If you have that though, it's close, but Lee is hair better.

Randolph > Hill - This is not even close. Randolph is a very good rebounder and shot blocker (check his per 36 minutes stats in Golden State), much better athlete, several years younger, taller, longer, better ball handler, better passer etc... He just needs some time. He's very young and lost most of last year.

holy shit...Lee > Amar'e...? can't believe you're actually even considering that

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
ltlamare1011.jpg

Amar'e Stoudemire
New York
Position: Forward-Center
Height: 6-10
Weight: 240

2010-11 Statistics
PPG 22.7
RPG 8.4
APG 2.3
SPG 0.9
BPG 1.9
FG% 0.500
FT% 0.733
3P% 0.556
MPG 35.1

david_lee.jpg

David Lee
Golden State
Position: Forward-Center
Height: 6-9 Weight: 240

2010-11 Statistics
PPG 14.3
RPG 11.3
APG 2.8
SPG 1.1
BPG 0.2
FG% 0.464
FT% 0.727
3P% 0.000
MPG 34.6

What to think here? Lee goes from a 1st option to 3rd. STAT from 2nd to 1st.

Lee will always be a better rebounder.

STAT a better shot blocker and defender.

When talks initiated about STAT and NY, I had a biased whine about his mid range and passing games, and said that compared with Lee he was seriously lacking in the 2 categories.

How sweet it is to be wrong! STAT's passing and spot up are legit.

That, and the inseparable distance on defence, have STAT not only leading statistically but, IMO, all round.
1259725204.jpg

mafra

Legend
We all love David Lee, but he's not on the same level as Amar'e. STAT is the better all-around player. Presence and leadership alone means STAT is light years ahead.

Lee would defer to chumps like Hughes, Duhon, Harrington and whoever.

Knicks lose 4 in a row, STAT throws shoes and calls out players and the Knicks win 4 in a row.

Would you prefer a leader over a few more rebounds? Heck yeah!

What was our record this time last year? You might argue we had a better team last year. Duhon and LEE replaced with Felton and STAT; but other than that we replace Hughes, Harrington, Nate, Barron with Fields, Douglas, Mozgov and Randolph. Getting more with less aren't we?

Plus, David Lee isn't luring Melo or Paul.

Would I prefer Lee over Turiaf-Azu-Randolph. Sure. A mistake not to keep both Lee and Stat? Would Zach Randolph Lee be better than STAT and GSW gang? Not really. Turiaf is the better compliment to Amar'e.

WE LEAD THE NAB IN SHOT BLOCKING FOLKS!

Let's let it go.

iSaYughh

Starter
Great posts ^^^

The only question is if/when we get a Melo, would you rather Lee + $$$$ to go with Melo (Gasol, TyrusT, Morrow eg)

But as said, who knows if Melo would even fight this hard to flock to NY. Would he more likely just cave and make a trade happen with CHI or something.

Plus, you can't argue with how pretty we are sitting.

Felton
Melo
Gallo
STAT
M.Gasol

With a sweet bench is a distinct possibility! :gony: