Knicks V Blazers - Home Opener [10/30/2010]

mafra

Legend
The call should be right no matter if the player is a star or not, home or not.

The NBA calls fouls for touching the opposing team these days. We might have gotten free baskets too with one play with Douglas. The refs make some bad calls, but this game was pretty fair.

What we need to do is play like we did in the last few minutes of the game last night. Push the ball with extra speed, even if we have a nine point lead in the last few minutes. That strategy might be at least one way of sealing a win.

Bad call or not... With 25 seconds left, off a missed shot... You can't call Turiaf for that foul. Not only was it so incidental but you are handing POR points and the lead.

Let the players decide who wins, not some rookie ref making his first start.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Stop blaming the refs, they make bad calls against both teams and it usually evens out. The Knicks should of won this game easily but they made too many mistakes and Amare and Wilson were locked down by the Portland D. Had the Knicks made there free throws and Stoudemire kept his turnovers down we would of won the game. Regardless, we rebounded and defended well for most of the game and for the first three games we are keeping teams from scoring over a 100 or so. We need a closer a player that can take over the game. Amare is great but when he is out of the game the only go to guy they have is chandler who I feel is better as a third option. We are much closer to being a great team then most realize. If we get Melo we will put away teams not just hang around like we did tonight.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Bad call or not... With 25 seconds left, off a missed shot... You can't call Turiaf for that foul. Not only was it so incidental but you are handing POR points and the lead.

Well said, I thought the refs just has so many bad calls in tonight's game. I think what's killing the Knicks right now the most through the first 3 games is the fact that Galo is non existence. I don't know what's wrong with him.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

I have to see the play again. As I said though, not the worst officiating. The NBA SHOULD have more aggressive plays allowed. A lot of bad calls are on the NBA rules, not the refs fault.

We need a better game plan. I think we can agree on that.

mafra

Legend
I have to see the play again. As I said though, not the worst officiating. The NBA SHOULD have more aggressive plays allowed. A lot of bad calls are on the NBA rules, not the refs fault.

We need a better game plan. I think we can agree on that.

Mike D couldn't design a play to get points if he had Kobe, MJ, Wilt,Bird and Magic his starting 5.

petescud

Starter
Really wanted this win, like the rest of you...sadly we let it go...lets move ahead. Can't let officials decide games

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Just by looking at the box score:

Pros:
-Ronny Turiaf is really emerging as a good hustle player for us.
-Chandler is playing really well, grabbing boards, blocking shots...still shooting a few too many 3's, probably.
-Another solid game for Landry Fields who is doing a great job at making the most out of being like the team's #4 option scorer
-After a questionable first few games of the preseason, Felton's doing a good job at making those who questioned him look like morons.
-Blocked shots from this team are always good to find.

Cons:

-Gallo. He has to be hurt, or something.
-Free throw shooting was pretty awful. 14-25 from the charity stripe is not a good number by any means.
-TO's. Amar'e had a few of these, but he certainly wasn't the only one.
-Gallo. Yes, his play really has been that bad. It's bad to the point where he might benefit from taking some time off and D'Antoni placing Chandler at SF instead...or even Fields at SF and Walker at SG since Chandler's done well off the bench so far...

rady

Administrator
Staff member
The blazers had a 17-3 run in the last 2 minutes. You don't allow that to happen at home if you consider yourself a playoff team..:|

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
once randolph comes back watch chandler replace gallo... randolph should be able to give us the scoring off the bench... gallo is shite. chandler looked to be the equal of roy last night he just needs to be consistent. he's great off the bench but with gallo playing sooooo bad he has to start.

CoolClyde

Wilsonnnnnn!

Chandler deserves to start. he's 2nd best player on team getting to the hoop. This idea that you need a spark off the bench should be for players like SkyWalker, Gallo, or N8 Robinson... oh wait, he's playing for a well-coached team now...

Typical 'Antoni-coached loss, poor substitutions at wrong time.
however, players lost game not hitting FT's. period.

Laundry Folds looking better each game.
Bill Walker getting hot gave Knickerblockers that all-too-brief lead. and then he's out... wtf?
Moscow disappeared again?
Turiaf is shot-blocker we haven't had in years.
Feltip looking better and better... he's fast, he's got moves, he's gonna improve.
STUD is great, but those TO's... ouch! why is he constantly going straight to hoop with defenders standing in front of him, totally blocking his path?
TD had brief moments of greatness.

Mustache-hole needs to START athletic squad:

MOSCOW
STUD
WEEDSON
FOLDS
FELTIP

TD, Turiaf, Walker, Gallo off bench

let's practice some free throws, guys...

Damnby!

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I think Chandler is better coming off the bench then starting. As I have seen it he has finished the games which is much better then starting them. As long as he is out there at the end Im ok with his bench role.

Gallo needs to hit the bench when Azi comes back. Landry moves to the three and then you have Azi at the the two. Problem solved. I don't think starting Chandler right now would be wise because I think his form might take a nose dive, but let's see what happens.

Gallo needs to expand his game. Taking people off the dribble, getting low post position and actually doing something of worth down there would be a welcome start. He has the height and weight advantage on some of the 3's in the league. His outside game sucks right now so he needs to start finding other ways to jump start himself and it is not throwing up three's at every chance.

quiggle

Starter
my friend told me they had some new shop there selling knicks stuff, anyone go there? is it just souvenirs or high end items like signed or game used stuffs?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I like Will coming off the bench. He's still getting a shitload of minutes. I love Fields starting. He's not going to become a star, just a solid role player. A great steal in the draft. I know people want to bench Gallo, but im preaching patience. He will arrive, we NEED him to arrive. And when he does, this team will win 40 games.